• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• lostfan

• BigSqwert

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 07:18 PM)
With all due respect, NSS is one of the few nuetral people in here. If you are trying to make him into an enemy, you are barking up the wrong tree. If anything he has bent over backwards to let AHB, BS, and many other people in here take all of the rope they could handle. I think you have hurt feelings for being called out on stuff.

I don't get hurt feelings on a message board and I've certainly never been correctly called out on anything. I've let the conservatives on this site fight proxy battles vs. me with their fantasy liberals in their head and that's fine, it's less interesting but it's to be expected. I'm merely asking NS - who along with lostfan seem to be the main moderators in this forum - to curtail what I feel to be far more personal attacks being made by controlled chaos and others, in addition to the easing on BigSqwert.

You are trying to cut my legs out from under me by making my request more pointed and extreme than it was. It was nothing of the sort.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 07:07 PM)
Hm. I don't think that's the case, as I try to call people out on their B.S. regardless of which side its on. For the record, I've had a lot of people on the right tell me quite the opposite of what you are saying - that I am quick to get on GOP'ers but let the lefties go. I like to think that if I get these complaints from both sides, I am probably doing my job right.

But I will make sure to keep an eye on my responses going forward. I certainly am not trying to be biased in any way.

Thank you.

How about everyone just stops the petty personal bickering?

If I ever had a personal problem with what someone said, I would send them or a moderator a PM. Bickering like this over who exactly is being moderated by exactly how much just takes away from the forum.

This place is, by far, the best-moderated site I visit. A large part of that is because little moderation is needed -- people have just been respectful of each other and their differences. That really seems to have changed over the last couple of months.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 06:59 PM)
Thin skin? Bad reading skills? poor eyesight? Do you really think that I and other haven't been called out on here? I guess the mind really sees only what it wants to see.

I was not addressing you I see no reason for this response.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 01:35 PM)
I have watched your posts for the last few months. That tells me just about everything I need to know.

You might want to enable the ignore feature for admins so I can finally put you on the list.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 01:30 PM)
And I get called out by mods but someone just called me a promoter of hatred. Unreal.

If its wrong, they can suspend me. I will walk away and take my punishment. On the other hand, if you don't want to be called out, you probably shouldn't keep acting like the very people you have such a big problem with in the Republician party. When you make nasty little racial cracks, it makes you no better than the people you mock. THAT reinforces the hate and divisions between party's and races. That reinforces the bitterness felt by people who think they are going to be taken advantage of by an Obama Presidency.

Dang. Impressive ground game in PA:

November 3, 2008

TO: Interested Parties

FROM: Craig Schirmer, Pennsylvania State Director, Obama Campaign

RE: GOTV

Over the past 48 hours, the organization the Obama campaign began building in Pennsylvania months ago kicked into high gear.

Powered by people and fueled by a hunger for change, thousands of Pennsylvanians from every corner of the Commonwealth and all walks of life are giving a few hours of their time to turn the page on the failed policies and politics of the past eight years and to make Barack Obama the next President of the United States.

Over the weekend, our volunteers knocked on 1,811,801 doors of homes from Erie to Easton, Johnstown to Jenkintown. We also made 1,193,573 phone calls to voters across the state. Unlike the McCain campaign, these aren't negative robocalls sent by the push of a button, anonymously spreading smears and lies. These are live phone calls in which Barack Obama's message of change and his plan to create an economy that rewards work and creates new jobs is laid out by a fellow voter.

Over the next 36 hours, we will make even more voter contacts than this weekend. We have 81 offices across the state, many in parts of Pennsylvania that never have seen a presidential campaign set up there before. We have more than 500 staging locations for our grassroots canvass teams, positioned in every corner of the Commonwealth. And we have filled more than 200,000 volunteer-shifts for the final push toward Election Day. The visits of John McCain and Sarah Palin can't compete with this grassroots organization.

Our volunteers are combining hard work and creativity to get the word out about Barack Obama. In Pittsburgh and State College, we have a volunteer who has engineered a mobile projector that will allow passersby to send a text message explaining why they are voting for Obama which will then be projected on the sides of buildings. For the last several days, we have had mobile billboards being driven around Philadelphia streets. And the night before Election Day, we will have street teams postering and flyering cities and small towns all across the state.

The Keystone State has always been a battleground. Today, we welcome the help from Hillary Clinton in Pittsburgh, Bill Clinton in Erie, and Joe Biden in Philadelphia. Our campaign is ready to fight for every vote and bring America the change we need.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Nov 3, 2008 -> 07:12 AM)
Watching everyone from this board all of the way up to Barack Obama himself act just like the people they claim to be different from has pretty much ruined my next four years.

Good. Now you know how we feel for a change.