The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 04:56 PM)
We keep hearing that the press wouldn't cover McCain because he was always saying the same thing. How many times has Obama used this in a speech somewhere?

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/20...-says-mcca.html

That was today. How many times can he trhow that imaginary race card? Ok, I know Muslim isn't a race, but you get the point. He keeps saying that republicans are going to say X, when HE is the only one saying it.

Yet I can point to several Republicans in this forum who says he hangs out with radicals. I guess that would mean that he isn't the only one saying it. And as far as the muslim thing? I heard it. From my Republican parents. One of whom is a Political Science professor. So again, he isn't the only one saying it.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 07:09 PM)
Another thing I found amusing was this little exchange after the McCain speech.

Carl Rove : "Hey look, it's David Gregory from NBC!" (points at David Gregory).

Crowd: "BOOOOOOO"

:lolhitting

I wonder how Rove could've shown up to McCain's convention in good conscience after what he did to him in 2000?

I am, of course, assuming Rove HAS a conscience.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 05:16 PM)
I wonder how Rove could've shown up to McCain's convention in good conscience after what he did to him in 2000?

I am, of course, assuming Rove HAS a conscience.

McCain probably forgave him for his misdeeds.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 03:16 PM)
From my Republican parents. One of whom is a Political Science professor.

It's nice to hear that at least one Republican has broken through the glass ceiling of discrimination in academia.

haha, found this on wikipedia

MCCLELLAN: "Hold on. Cameras aren't on right now. You can do this later."

GREGORY: "Don't accuse me of trying to pose to the cameras. Don't be a jerk to me personally when I'm asking you a serious question."

MCCLELLAN: "You don't have to yell."

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 04:42 PM)
Hah. That's funny, the University of Chicago is notoriously conservative.

The faculty are or the University's atmosphere is? There's a big difference. Even Texas A&M (George H. W. Bush University) has overwhelmingly liberal faculty.

Edited by WCSox

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 06:16 PM)
Yet I can point to several Republicans in this forum who says he hangs out with radicals. I guess that would mean that he isn't the only one saying it. And as far as the muslim thing? I heard it. From my Republican parents. One of whom is a Political Science professor. So again, he isn't the only one saying it.

To borrow some words from other posters here, your Republican parents and the people here are not part of the McCain campaign, are they? Obama is accusing the McCain campaign of using the race card, and so far, they have not. Sounds like chicken little.

QUOTE (WCSox @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 07:53 PM)
The faculty are or the University's atmosphere is? There's a big difference. Even Texas A&M (George H. W. Bush University) has overwhelmingly liberal faculty.

The faculty is generally conservative. John Mearshimer is actually a fan of nuclear proliferation, following Reagan's argument that more nukes means less chance of them actually being used. Leo Strauss, who my dad partially studied under is among the basis for the neocon worldview that led us into Iraq.

Universities aren't as liberal as you may think when it comes to the actual staff.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 5, 2008 -> 08:24 PM)
To borrow some words from other posters here, your Republican parents and the people here are not part of the McCain campaign, are they? Obama is accusing the McCain campaign of using the race card, and so far, they have not. Sounds like chicken little.

Read your own quote again. Did he say McCain? Or did he say Republicans?

My parents aren't involved with the campaign, but they are card-carrying Republicans, literally.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 07:49 PM)
Read your own quote again. Did he say McCain? Or did he say Republicans?

My parents aren't involved with the campaign, but they are card-carrying Republicans, literally.

I reference Obama saying something, he responds back that posters, and his parents, here say similar stuff. I said well, they aren't part of the party. They may be dyed-in-the-wool Republicans, but they are not a member of the Party. (Or Do they attend meetings with the RNC? ) Obama himself is playing the race card, not Republicans (party members, etc.)

Edited by Alpha Dog

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 10:17 PM)
I reference Obama saying something, he responds back that posters, and his parents, here say similar stuff. I said well, they aren't part of the party. They may be dyed-in-the-wool Republicans, but they are not a member of the Party. (Or Do they attend meetings with the RNC? ) Obama himself is playing the race card, not Republicans (party members, etc.)

My father is a Republican elected official.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 09:17 PM)

You really don't have to look too far back. Look at what Lieberman was saying in May about Hamas and Obama.... The claim originated in January 08's Insight Magazine, a GOP leaning rag owned by the same people who publish the Washington Times.

Do you really want to have a guy as commander in chief of this country when you can question whether or not he really loves his country?

Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) at the RNC.

Between one candidate, John McCain, who has always put the country first, worked across party lines to get things done, and one candidate who has not.
Senator Joseph Lieberman (I-CT) while stumping for McCain on Aug 12.

Mike Huckabee: He needs to clarify that or else people will get the perception that he thinks America isn't that great of a country right now.

Alan Colmes: You don't really believe that do you?

Mike Huckabee: Well, I don't know.

August 7, 2008 - Hannity and Colmes

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 6, 2008 -> 10:16 PM)
You really don't have to look too far back. Look at what Lieberman was saying in May about Hamas and Obama.... The claim originated in January 08's Insight Magazine, a GOP leaning rag owned by the same people who publish the Washington Times.

Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) at the RNC.

Senator Joseph Lieberman (I-CT) while stumping for McCain on Aug 12.

August 7, 2008 - Hannity and Colmes

Your first one from Joe sounds pretty bad, but I don't see the rest. Still no race card, though. Not trying to scare whitey because he 'looks different'. Maybe trying to scare him into thinking he is gonna tax them into the poor house, but not because he looks different.

What does your father do? No sinister motives here, just curious. Ihave no relatives in office other than one cousin whi is a small town mayor. I have a few 'friends' who have some 'connections', which enabled me to meet a few people, mostly Illinois guys, but a few national ones as well, but nobody who was elected anything.

Obama now says that he once considered joining the military.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13217.html

Obama disclosed that he had once considered serving in the military.

“You know, I actually did,” Obama said. “I had to sign up for Selective Service when I graduated from high school. And I was growing up in Hawaii. And I have friends whose parents were in the military. There are a lot of Army, military bases there.

“And I actually always thought of the military as an ennobling and, you know, honorable option. But keep in mind that I graduated in 1979. The Vietnam War had come to an end. We weren't engaged in an active military conflict at that point. And so, it's not an option that I ever decided to pursue.”

Only problem, there was no selective service in 1979. Ford stopped it in 1975, and carter reinstated it in 1980, AFTER Obama graduated. Did he lie to try and make himself seem not so anti-military, or just misremember?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 03:32 PM)
Obama now says that he once considered joining the military.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0908/13217.html

Only problem, there was no selective service in 1979. Ford stopped it in 1975, and carter reinstated it in 1980, AFTER Obama graduated. Did he lie to try and make himself seem not so anti-military, or just misremember?

I love the term misremember. Such a nice way to say "lie", because that is what it really is.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 11:59 AM)
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/20...republicans2008

The UK Guardian chides the American MSM. A good read.

I really believe that if the chosen one loses, the MSM will be a significant reason why. Americans don't like being told what to do, and that is what the MSM has been doing to them in this election.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Sep 7, 2008 -> 11:59 PM)
I love the term misremember. Such a nice way to say "lie", because that is what it really is.

I really believe that if the chosen one loses, the MSM will be a significant reason why. Americans don't like being told what to do, and that is what the MSM has been doing to them in this election.

And more then that, RSO always tells you what the government is going to do for them.

Could the MTV awards last night have been considered a campaign contribution for Obama with all the pro-Obama announcements made on air? I mean, who the f*** is Russel Brand, and who does he think he is calling anyong who doesn't vote for Obama a racist and calling our sitting President retarded? Whatever your views about bush are, that's like someone coming up to you and your brother and calling your brother retarded. it's ok if YOU tease your brother, but not some outsider.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/?id=1594254&vid=272743

"Please elect Barack Obama. Please... On behalf of the world. Some people... Some people, I think they're called racists, say America is not ready for a black president. But, I know America to be a forward thinking country, right? Because, otherwise, you know, you would have let that retarded cowboy fellow be president for 8 years? We were very impressed. It was nice of you to let that one go because in England George Bush wouldn't be trusted with a pair of scissors."

And worse, it's not even funny.

And then there was this:

"I am obliged by broadcasting law to show some balance in this situation, which means, uh, the Republicans might be alright. Sarah Palin. She’s a VILF! A vice president I’d like to…fumble, fondle, I dunno. I do feel a little bit sorry for her daughter, getting pregnant, poor kid. Is it a boy? Is it a girl? It’s a P.R. stunt. Come on. Be honest.

And I feel most sorry for that poor teenaged father. Boy. One minute, he’s just a teenaged lad in Alaska having joyful, unprotected sex. And the next minute: Get to the Republican convention. I think that is the best safe sex message of all time. Use a condom or become Republican! …That boy will spend the rest of his life masturbating while wearing a condom."

And there was the usual very intelligent comments by some of the 'stars' on the way in, like this one from Russel Simmons:''Palin, what's that?'' Simmons asked about the John McCain's running-mate choice. ''He went all the way to the right and got the most conservative person who knows nothing about the struggle of most Americans and made her the vice presidential nominee. That's amazing. Any skirt will do.''

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/arts/AP-MT...amp;oref=slogin

Way to go Russell, just insult all women in one shot.