• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 09:42 AM)
I'm fairly impressed at the AG's office doing this very much against the political winds. It makes me upset because Stevens is a slimeball by all accounts, but, I'm happy that the AG's office is doing the right thing from their perspective.

That sums it up for me. Stevens should be thrown under the bus, but you can't break the law to do it.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 01:05 PM)
Holy f***, now Obama gives QEII an ipod? WTF is wrong with these dips***s?

It's a good thing we dont have to deal with a Vice President-in-training, and instead get the hilarity of a President-in-training!

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 04:11 PM)
And in both cases, utterly inane topics. Seriously, who cares what gifts they give. Pointless.

I do because it shows the lack of respect that these people have. In the "picture" case, it was a different term and a different circumstance all together. When you have foreign dignataries giving us a pen set made from the same wood as the Resolute and ours gives DVD's, I'm sorry, it's a total lack of respect for the history of your office.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 04:12 PM)
I do because it shows the lack of respect that these people have. In the "picture" case, it was a different term and a different circumstance all together. When you have foreign dignataries giving us a pen set made from the same wood as the Resolute and ours gives DVD's, I'm sorry, it's a total lack of respect for the history of your office.

Well, I disagree, but more importantly I think it just doesn't matter. The actions of our government are more important to me than the silly symbolic crap.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 04:16 PM)
Well, I disagree, but more importantly I think it just doesn't matter. The actions of our government are more important to me than the silly symbolic crap.

I understand... and do slightly disagree - get the symbolic crap right because that's easy. It makes you look like a total idiot when you don't. Everyone wanted to bash the s*** out of GWB for "image" but now it doesn't matter? That's what bothers me about it.

"it's always different" :lolhitting

I do because it shows the lack of respect that these people have. In the "picture" case, it was a different term and a different circumstance all together.

no no, Obama gave the queen an iPod, she gave him an autographed picture of herself.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 05:12 PM)

Huh? How? The Queen gave Obama a signed/framed picture of her and her husband.

edit: bah didn't read the next page first, AHB already said it

Edited by lostfan

I see Biden's daughter has been (most likely her) caught on film snorting cocaine. I'm glad for her sake the msm isn't reporting this, but you all know for a fact if this was Bristol Palin, all these stations would be playing it and in slow motion, and all that crap.

The amount of bias (and hate for those who don't agree with them) coming from the media is pretty sickening.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Apr 1, 2009 -> 09:44 PM)
I see Biden's daughter has been (most likely her) caught on film snorting cocaine. I'm glad for her sake the msm isn't reporting this, but you all know for a fact if this was Bristol Palin, all these stations would be playing it and in slow motion, and all that crap.

The amount of bias (and hate for those who don't agree with them) coming from the media is pretty sickening.

Regardless of what you may think of media bias, one thing I can guarantee they wouldn't do in either case, is show the video on MSM news networks or websites. No way that happens.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 08:50 AM)
Regardless of what you may think of media bias, one thing I can guarantee they wouldn't do in either case, is show the video on MSM news networks or websites. No way that happens.

Did the Kate Moss footage ever make MSM or just internet vids? If it made MSM I'd bert someone would eventually pick up a screen shot and report. But how stupid do you have to be? I mean you're the vice-president's daughter your life is now under a microscope...

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 07:50 AM)

If it were one of Palin's kids, 100% chance it's top news on every MSM newscast (except maybe FOX), front page of the NY Times, cover story on Time, Newsweek, ect.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 09:46 PM)
If it were one of Palin's kids, 100% chance it's top news on every MSM newscast (except maybe FOX), front page of the NY Times, cover story on Time, Newsweek, ect.

If one of Palin's kids had a D on a report card we'd hear about it, and also hear about how terrible of a mother she is.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Apr 2, 2009 -> 09:46 PM)

The story? Probably, yes. But re-read my post, I was talking specifically about the video. network news does not show video of people doing hard drugs - it just isn't done.