• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 12:57 PM)
um yea. A lot of the $h*t that has happened int he middle east does have roots in American involvement.

Ok, so to make this official, you are saying that THE UNITED STATES is guilty of killing of hundreds of thousands of people on behalf of these governments?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 01:55 PM)
Sure we did. Ask my native american friends about that one.

Not to mention the way we treated black people during the first half of the 19th century.

The actions of people here 200 years ago directly correlate to actions taken against us by different people halfway across the world 200 years later!!!

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 12:59 PM)
Ok, so to make this official, you are saying that THE UNITED STATES is guilty of killing of hundreds of thousands of people on behalf of these governments?

I am saying the United States caused a chain reaction that has lead to the current situation.

The argument I have been trying to make is that America has not been all innocent in all this. of course we never wanted the leaders of Iraq and Iran to torture and kill innocent life. that's just silly.

But like it or not, 9/11 has its root in out middle east meddling. but we find it MUCH easier to just say "it's those crazy turban wearing Muslims that caused all this." It's not that simple, but it's taboo to say otherwise.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 01:02 PM)
I am saying the United States caused a chain reaction that has lead to the current situation.

The argument I have been trying to make is that America has not been all innocent in all this. of course we never wanted the leaders of Iraq and Iran to torture and kill innocent life. that's just silly.

But like it or not, 9/11 has its root in out middle east meddling. but we find it MUCH easier to just say "it's those crazy turban wearing Muslims that caused all this." It's not that simple, but it's taboo to say otherwise.

That's stated a hell of a lot better then you said it the first time. Of course we've screwed the pooch over there.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 01:01 PM)
Not to mention the way we treated black people during the first half of the 19th century.

The actions of people here 200 years ago directly correlate to actions taken against us by different people halfway across the world 200 years later!!!

Of course it matters, until oh, mid-2008 when Michelle said America was finally something she could be proud of.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 02:02 PM)

Anything we've done over there doesnt make them any less crazy. They are doing things on proportions and on scales no one in the world ever thought imaginable.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 01:05 PM)
Anything we've done over there doesnt make them any less crazy. They are doing things on proportions and on scales no one in the world ever thought imaginable.

After looking at various civilizations throughout human history nothing is unimaginable to me.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 02:09 PM)
After looking at various civilizations throughout human history nothing is unimaginable to me.

You used to think about people hijacking planes for the sole purpose of crashing them into buildings in largely populated cities?

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 12:56 PM)
But we did make it official policy to support people like Saddam and the Afghan government which lead to the killing of hundreds of thousands. We were for them, before we were against them.

Because I am sure getting buddy/buddy with Castro, Chavez, and Ahmandinijad will turn out just fine this time around... :lolhitting

We actually have a pretty poor track record in muslim majority countries in general. The US-backed Indonesian coup in '65 got a lot of innocent people killed, not that Sukarno was a pleasant person but they guy we replaced him with was worse.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 01:12 PM)
You used to think about people hijacking planes for the sole purpose of crashing them into buildings in largely populated cities?

Not specifically but the human race has consistently shown us that there are some f***ed up minds out there.

Edited by BigSqwert

Because I am sure getting buddy/buddy with Castro, Chavez, and Ahmandinijad will turn out just fine this time around... :lolhitting

Doing things like that out in the open with huge media coverage is a lot different than funneling in arms as covertly as possible and letting the CIA pick which countries it wants to destabilize.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 01:27 PM)
And to be fair, we've been bribing Isreal and Egypt to the tune of $4 bil a piece to leave each other alone. That's been pretty successful.

Israel kicking Egypt's ass a while back also kinda helps keep them apart.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 01:03 PM)
That's stated a hell of a lot better then you said it the first time. Of course we've screwed the pooch over there.

If I've said it once, I've said it a thousand times, I am far from the most articulate person in the world. I prefer to let other people fight the battle then say "I agree with him" lol.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Apr 22, 2009 -> 01:15 PM)
Doing things like that out in the open with huge media coverage is a lot different than funneling in arms as covertly as possible and letting the CIA pick which countries it wants to destabilize.

Did the CIA gets disbanded and I missed it? Because I believe we are doing exactly what you are talking about in Pakistan as we speak.