Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://biggovernment.com/2009/10/28/lamest...-acorn-nuggets/

LameStream Media: Why Did You Bypass These Juicy ACORN Nuggets?

by Hannah Giles

The “Pimp and Pro” ACORN story hit America hard a few weeks ago. It is a ripe story with endless angles to report on, and yet the Mainstream Media’s favorite approach seems to be the method in which James and I orchestrated and gathered the information.

It’s like going fishing, but instead of taking a picture and raving about the 750lb Mako shark you caught, you blather on about the bait that was used.

seenoevil

What happens when people get bored? They stop paying attention. What happens when people stop paying attention to an already suffering press industry?

Money isn’t made and actions are never taken.

But rather than simply pointing a finger and complaining, here are some loose ends the media ignored, from our footage alone, that warrant attention.

With regard to the children:

· Baltimore-Why no mention of the toddlers that were in the room while James and I were being counseled on how to manage our underage prostitution ring?

· San Bernardino-The content of this video was largely ignored except for the part where Tresa Kaelke mentions she shot her husband. What about when she told us not to educate our sex-slaves because they won’t want to work for us? Or when we talked about making more money off clients who are permitted to physically abuse the girls? What about the whole transport-the-girls-in-a-school-bus-to-avoid-suspicion discussion?

Attention to the masses:

· Washington, DC- Why were we counseled by ACORN during a first time homebuyer’s seminar, while 30-40 other first time homebuyers sat crammed in a hot room?

· Brooklyn- This office was swarmed with people, busy staff members and a full waiting room. Did we take our number and wait in line? Nope. Why were we given the private attention of three ACORN staffers, when more deserving and less intrusive clientele patiently waited?

The political games:

· San Bernardino: What happened to the list of politicians that Ms. Kaelke rattled off when she spoke of her ACORN office’s community involvement and influence? Has anyone set out to uncover just how close these politicians relationships are with the San Bernardino ACORN? Does anyone even remember the names?

· San Diego: Has anyone questioned why Juan Carlos would want to help smuggle girls across the Mexican border right after an ACORN-sponsored immigration parade???

· Philadelphia: Why did the Philly office go into damage control mode as soon as the Baltimore story first broke? What do they have to hide?

I would HATE to be known as the journalist who never saw the bigger picture, lacked the creativity and ambition to approach a story from a fresh perspective, and contributed to the apathy of an entire nation. And I honestly, from the bottom of my heart, think every wannabe and professional journalist has the same attitude.

So why aren’t they behaving accordingly? Fear? Comfort? A false sense of purpose?

I don’t know about the rest of the press corps but all of the above scenarios scream scandalous to me. They’d be worthwhile news.

The reform-minded conservative

Indiana's governor: Making headway in the heartland

Imagine a two-term Republican governor from a state carried by Barack Obama who turned an $800 million deficit into a $1.2 billion surplus by cutting overhead and bringing sound business principles to his state's government even as he provided new health benefits for poor citizens. Imagine no longer. Indiana Gov. Mitch Daniels accomplished this and more, and he did it all while enacting the biggest tax cut in state history.

Despite a long career in public service, Mr. Daniels is not nearly as well-known as some of his colleagues. He worked for several years on Capitol Hill as chief aide to Sen. Richard G. Lugar and served former President Ronald Reagan as political director. After a 15-year stint in private business, Mr. Daniels became former President George W. Bush's director of the Office of Management and Budget and then won back-to-back gubernatorial races in 2004 and 2008 in Indiana. His second victory was won with the biggest vote total of any candidate for any office in state history.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/oct/2...d-conservative/

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 11:23 AM)
The reform-minded conservative

Indiana's governor: Making headway in the heartland

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/oct/2...d-conservative/

From what I understand, Mitch Daniels is a f***up of epic proportions. He's simply shifted the tax burden from the state to the local municipalities and therefore has cooked the books on the so called surplus.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 03:28 PM)
From what I understand, Mitch Daniels is a f***up of epic proportions. He's simply shifted the tax burden from the state to the local municipalities and therefore has cooked the books on the so called surplus.

I was wondering how it would be possible to make that dramatic a shift in such a short period of time. Even with a cooperative legislature, that level of fiscal turnaround success would be unheard of.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 29, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
I was wondering how it would be possible to make that dramatic a shift in such a short period of time. Even with a cooperative legislature, that level of fiscal turnaround success would be unheard of.

My mom works for an auditor's office in a county in Indiana and they are a nightmare mess because of what Daniel's done.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Oct 31, 2009 -> 10:34 AM)
Tea Party backed New York Conservative Party candidate pushes Republican candidate out of NY congressional race; seat long time held by GOP.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/scorecard/10...t_of_NY_23.html

The 'Republican' candidate was a RINO in the truest sense of the word, and was so far left that she was even endorsed by DailyKoz! And the Conservative candidate has beenendorsed by alot of prominent republicans and conservatives.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 1, 2009 -> 04:05 PM)
Some republican. She is now urging her supporters to vote Democrat!

http://www.watertowndailytimes.com/article...9918/-1/OPINION

Given how her party sold her out after she got the nod, I wouldn't blame her. Hoffman doesn't even live in the district, refers to local issues as parochial ones, and even after she dropped out, was trashed by Hoffman in the reaction press release.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 08:27 AM)
Given how her party sold her out after she got the nod, I wouldn't blame her. Hoffman doesn't even live in the district, refers to local issues as parochial ones, and even after she dropped out, was trashed by Hoffman in the reaction press release.

There wasn't a primary - so it's hard to "sell her out" because it's not a traditional way here. But c'mon Rexy - even you have to admit that this person is probably even further left then the Demy running in this race.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 10:29 AM)
There wasn't a primary - so it's hard to "sell her out" because it's not a traditional way here. But c'mon Rexy - even you have to admit that this person is probably even further left then the Demy running in this race.

Socially she actually was, fiscally - not so much. But being a fiscal conservative and a social liberal (especially in respect to things like gay marriage) puts her a lot closer to John Galt status than many of the teabaggers that venerate Ayn Rand these days.

If I were her, I'd be pissed - but she literally fell on her sword for the party, and I'm guessing that she might not have made an endorsement had Hoffman's reaction been a bit more gracious. Instead, this is what he says.

This morning's events prove what we have said for the last week; this campaign is a horserace between me and Nancy Pelosi's handpicked candidate, Bill Owens. At this moment, the Democratic Party, the Working Families Party, ACORN, Big Labor and pro-abortion groups are flooding the district with troops and they are flooding the airwaves with a million dollars worth of negative ads. They are throwing mud; they are trying to stop me.

It's time for us to send a message to Washington--we're sick and tired of big-spending, high-taxing, career politicians and by voting for me on Tuesday you will send that message loud and clear.

Scozzafava literally ceded the floor to him, all but ensuring the Republicans hold this seat in what is one of the few GOP districts left in the northeast. And he couldn't even say thanks. Owens did, though.

Assemblywoman Dede Scozzafava has been an honorable public servant for years now and I have a tremendous amount of respect for her and her commitment to her principles. While we disagree on certain issues, we share a dedication to serving the best interests of Upstate New York and the Obama administration's efforts to get our economy back on track. Those interests will always be my highest priority."

"I remain focused on my campaign. Over the next 4 days I will continue traveling the district to discuss my record of helping create jobs and my plans to continue that work in Congress."

Scozzafava was chosen to run under the GOP banner because the GOP bosses in her district thought she was most likely to win. She is the definition of a moderate, endorsed by the Working Families party and by Newt Gingrich. And until yesterday, the largest newspaper in the district. (Like Scozzafava, they moved their endorsement to the Democrat over the weekend.) About two thirds of her voters will probably defect to Owens tomorrow, most pundits think.

If that's true, the Republicans just lost another safe seat for the sake of ideological purity, and they did it in a spectacular fashion.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 09:42 AM)
Socially she actually was, fiscally - not so much. But being a fiscal conservative and a social liberal (especially in respect to things like gay marriage) puts her a lot closer to John Galt status than many of the teabaggers that venerate Ayn Rand these days.

If I were her, I'd be pissed - but she literally fell on her sword for the party, and I'm guessing that she might not have made an endorsement had Hoffman's reaction been a bit more gracious. Instead, this is what he says.

Scozzafava literally ceded the floor to him, all but ensuring the Republicans hold this seat in what is one of the few GOP districts left in the northeast. And he couldn't even say thanks. Owens did, though.

Scozzafava was chosen to run under the GOP banner because the GOP bosses in her district thought she was most likely to win. She is the definition of a moderate, endorsed by the Working Families party and by Newt Gingrich. And until yesterday, the largest newspaper in the district. (Like Scozzafava, they moved their endorsement to the Democrat over the weekend.) About two thirds of her voters will probably defect to Owens tomorrow, most pundits think.

If that's true, the Republicans just lost another safe seat for the sake of ideological purity, and they did it in a spectacular fashion.

I heard 2/3 of her voters were R's and 1/3 were likely D's or I's. So the shift might not be as severe as one would think. And again anyone who votes for a person because of an endorsement from someone else needs to have their head examined.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 10:11 AM)
I heard 2/3 of her voters were R's and 1/3 were likely D's or I's. So the shift might not be as severe as one would think. And again anyone who votes for a person because of an endorsement from someone else needs to have their head examined.

Except, like the Democratic party, the Republican rank and file does represent a much more diverse base of views than the current ideology that people like Hoffman represent in this race. My guess is what you'll see is the Dems and Independents shift from Scozzafava to Owens and you'll see many of the Republicans that were voting for Scozzafava to still vote for the now withdrawn candidate. I have the feeling, the only candidate to gain from this is Owens, and any votes that Hoffman will see from this will be minimal at best.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 08:42 AM)

No matter how you want to spin this as a bad thing, NO candidate endorsed by the far left blogs and papers can be called a moderate anything. She was replacing Rep. John McHugh, and has a lifetime rating of 71 from the American Conservative Union. Not really a 'moderate', but not really radical either. All in all, a pretty good conservative Republican. HEr rating is so far off the charts the other way it isn't funny. As for trying to paint her as being a fiscal conservative and a social liberal, and specifically pointing out gat marraige as if that was the deciding factor here, you are wrong on that also. She supports the cap and trade, wihich isnt fiscally conservative at all. She also adamantly supports card check, which is so not moderate conservative that that alone should disqualify her. Although I can understand her support for that since her husband is a leading upstate union organizer. As a state assemblywoman, she voted for massive tax hikes, Democratic budgets and a $180 million state bank bailout. She also supported the trillion-dollar federal stimulus package -- which every House Republican voted against. In past elections has embraced the ballot line of the Working Families Party, which we all know is a front for ACORN.

Now, tell me again how she was really a moderate Republican.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Nov 2, 2009 -> 03:04 PM)
No matter how you want to spin this as a bad thing, NO candidate endorsed by the far left blogs and papers can be called a moderate anything. She was replacing Rep. John McHugh, and has a lifetime rating of 71 from the American Conservative Union. Not really a 'moderate', but not really radical either. All in all, a pretty good conservative Republican. HEr rating is so far off the charts the other way it isn't funny. As for trying to paint her as being a fiscal conservative and a social liberal, and specifically pointing out gat marraige as if that was the deciding factor here, you are wrong on that also. She supports the cap and trade, wihich isnt fiscally conservative at all. She also adamantly supports card check, which is so not moderate conservative that that alone should disqualify her. Although I can understand her support for that since her husband is a leading upstate union organizer. As a state assemblywoman, she voted for massive tax hikes, Democratic budgets and a $180 million state bank bailout. She also supported the trillion-dollar federal stimulus package -- which every House Republican voted against. In past elections has embraced the ballot line of the Working Families Party, which we all know is a front for ACORN.

Now, tell me again how she was really a moderate Republican.

If you're getting both the endorsement of the Working Families party and Newt Gingrich that makes you a moderate.

Or has suddenly Newt become a RINO these days?