The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 02:20 PM)
Yea - but it is Massachusetts.

MA elected a GOP governor for 16 consecutive years. It's less blue than you think.

I think Coakley will win this comfortably - by about 10 points or so. But special elections, like off off off year governors races generally dont signal anything but a specific state's issues.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 05:52 PM)
MA elected a GOP governor for 16 consecutive years. It's less blue than you think.

I think Coakley will win this comfortably - by about 10 points or so. But special elections, like off off off year governors races generally dont signal anything but a specific state's issues.

Unless the Democrats win, then it means something. Good grief.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jan 12, 2010 -> 07:49 PM)
I don't think any special election holds any message for a regular election cycle. I don't think I could be any clearer about that.

I think this one means a lot. It will determine whether or not we get to keep posting this photo. Probably not something you should click on at work.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 02:47 PM)
Gingrich says he is among 7-8 GOP candidates seriously considering 2012 for the Presidency.

His read on the current list:

Among the other Republican candidates Gingrich named as possible 2012 contenders included former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney, and former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee. Also included on Gingrich's list are Govs. Tim Pawlenty of Minnesota, Mitch Daniels of Indiana, Haley Barbour of Mississippi, Rick Perry of Texas and Bobby Jindal of Louisiana. South Dakota Sen. John Thune may also be a potential candidate, Gingrich said.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
Gingrich is a very smart dude, who has had some good ideas. He's also a raging asshole, though.

Which is why he needs to go back into his hole. He's Cheney-esque in his assholishness.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 05:06 PM)
Gingrich is honestly really smart and capable, but it's hard to ignore how much of a flaming hypocrite and disgusting human being he is. Did people just... like... forget? It wasn't even that long ago.

But Bill Clinton is the same way!

Ugh.

With Billy, everyone knew he was whoring. Newt b****ed about the whoring, talked about how bad Billy is, and was doing it at the same time. Go screw a tree, Newt.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 06:11 PM)

Ugh.

With Billy, everyone knew he was whoring. Newt b****ed about the whoring, talked about how bad Billy is, and was doing it at the same time. Go screw a tree, Newt.

Pretty much sums up how I feel.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 05:11 PM)

Ugh.

He can screw anything he wants so long as his policies make sense and he's got some good ideas (which I think he does). He's clearly the best name on that list. But that's not saying much.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 14, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)
He can screw anything he wants so long as his policies make sense and he's got some good ideas (which I think he does). He's clearly the best name on that list. But that's not saying much.

Yea, but being a hypocritical douche doesn't help his cause at all.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Jan 15, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)
Why is it the more I read about her the more I think Martha Coakley is the Deomcratic Harriet Miers? :lolhitting

She really is running a horrible campaign. I think she just thought she could sleep through the campaign, but never really paid attention to Kennedy's races. Even when he didn't have a serious campaign, he worked hard to win. From what I'm hearing the Coakley crew apparently forgot there was an election til early last week.