The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 14, 2011 -> 11:42 AM)
Ok, then I apologize for responding in anger.

I'm seriously interested in seeing how this race goes. I don't have a clue where it's going. I don't even know who's genuinely going to run. I never would have believed Gingrich would enter until he actually entered.

You're a political junkie - there's no question about that.

I just am really sad in both parties that these butts are all that there is to offer.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Huckabee supposedly will be announcing something today, but even his top people are still in the dark about what. People who worked with him last time are convinced he's not running.

Former Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee, winner of the 2008 Iowa Caucuses, and considered the GOP front-runner in many national polls, will announce his 2012 presidential plans on his Saturday night show on Fox News Channel.

Huckabee says he has not discussed his decision with his producers, nor has he reached out directly to his former aides. Many Huckabee insiders say all signs point against another campaign.

"He's not going to run, " Ed Rollins, Huckabee's 2008 national campaign chairman tells FOX. " Rollins, who with other members of the Huckabee inner circle, was in charge of setting up a potential campaign operation, emotes a sense of frustration.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 14, 2011 -> 11:42 AM)
I'm seriously interested in seeing how this race goes. I don't have a clue where it's going. I don't even know who's genuinely going to run. I never would have believed Gingrich would enter until he actually entered.

it will be interesting. the field seems pretty weak right now for the GOP

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 16, 2011 -> 01:25 PM)
Thank the lord.

So, among the GOP field, who do the most vapid vote for now? Is Tom Tancredo running again?

He was last seen running for the Colorado governorship under the flag of the Constitution party.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 16, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
And lost, so now he's available for the job.

The fact that he challenged the party under another party's flag makes it exceptionally difficult since he'd have changed his party registration to do so.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2011 -> 01:54 PM)
The fact that he challenged the party under another party's flag makes it exceptionally difficult since he'd have changed his party registration to do so.

No worries. All these GOP'ers lately are labeling themselves Tea Partiers. Names can be changed easily for this purpose.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 16, 2011 -> 03:37 PM)
No worries. All these GOP'ers lately are labeling themselves Tea Partiers. Names can be changed easily for this purpose.

I think you're being difficult here, but I can't tell for sure. In terms of being an official candidate for a national political position from one party, registration as a member of that party can be really important.

A lot of my police friends on FB are posting this and complaining about the POTUS. Rightfully so IMO.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/waterc...1#disqus_thread

President Obama left the White House this morning a little after 9:30 am. He wasn’t on his way to the Capitol building, where grieving friends and families of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty hold a yearly commemorative service. Though he was invited to recognize the fallen and offer condolences by speaking at the annual Peace Officers’ Memorial Service, he instead spent this fine Sunday playing a round of golf with aide Ben Finkenbinder, White House trip director Marvin Nicholson and U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk.

Every president deserves down time. But after offending police earlier this week by hosting a rapper at the White House whose corpus includes a song lauding a convicted cop-killer, blowing off their service in order to golf seems tone-deaf, if not outright callous. Badly done, Mr. President.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ May 17, 2011 -> 11:44 AM)
A lot of my police friends on FB are posting this and complaining about the POTUS. Rightfully so IMO.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/waterc...1#disqus_thread

President Obama left the White House this morning a little after 9:30 am. He wasn’t on his way to the Capitol building, where grieving friends and families of law enforcement officers killed in the line of duty hold a yearly commemorative service. Though he was invited to recognize the fallen and offer condolences by speaking at the annual Peace Officers’ Memorial Service, he instead spent this fine Sunday playing a round of golf with aide Ben Finkenbinder, White House trip director Marvin Nicholson and U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk.

Every president deserves down time. But after offending police earlier this week by hosting a rapper at the White House whose corpus includes a song lauding a convicted cop-killer, blowing off their service in order to golf seems tone-deaf, if not outright callous. Badly done, Mr. President.

i'll have to find the article but i swear i read somewhere that in Obama's first two or three years in office he played more golf than Bush did in eight. of course the Dems loved to make it seem like Bush was all over the links.

then again.....some liberals love to bash Bush for actually taking a few minutes in that classroom to gather the facts on 9/11 but yet Obama took 16 hours before making the call to go in for Osama???? Haven't heard too much griping over that..........

QUOTE (juddling @ May 17, 2011 -> 02:03 PM)
then again.....some liberals love to bash Bush for actually taking a few minutes in that classroom to gather the facts on 9/11 but yet Obama took 16 hours before making the call to go in for Osama???? Haven't heard too much griping over that..........

:lolhitting

Yeah those are very comparable. One situation has Planes flying into buildings left and right, including the Pentagon and the other situation has one guy surrounded by Navy Seals. I wonder which one needed a quicker response.

That is a ton of money this early in the season.

Former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney collected more than $10 million for his presidential primary bid on Monday, a show of financial force meant to remind his opponents that knocking off the frontrunner won’t be an easy task.

More than 800 Romney donors and supporters traveled to Las Vegas on Monday for a call-day designed to demonstrate his financial might — and demonstrate it they did.

“The results are a strong indication of the national enthusiasm for Governor Romney and his pro-jobs platform,” said Romney finance chair Spencer Zwick.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 16, 2011 -> 02:23 PM)
And lost, so now he's available for the job.

I'm flattered, but I think you overestimate my ability to get anywhere in the GOP primaries.