• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 06:19 AM)
So do I, it means a easier victory for Obama. Romney won't win Fla now

I don't like Romney at all, but do you actually think Obama is a good president? I disagree.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 01:16 AM)
I don't like Romney at all, but do you actually think Obama is a good president? I disagree.

No he thinks hispanics are that racist that they will somehow consider this a snub and not vote for Romney, and simply vote for race. The hispanic vote, especially in Florida tends to be pretty religious, very family oriented and anti-Castro. Three things Republicans also are. Don't be so sure yet. The swing part of Florida will be home much Obama can scare old people into thinking Romney wants to kill them.

It's amazing how quickly national security experience is no longer considered important to the GOP. Two complete noobs from that standpoint. Just a while back there was nothing more important in their eyes. Now it's an afterthought.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 10:56 AM)
Picking the guy who wants to end Medicare as his VP kinda makes that easy.

Well, anyone who really believes in these budget cuts ought to be happy.

Considering that the Obama campaign has said they've run into problems when they tell people the details of the Ryan budget and people can't believe Romney would support it, I'm not going to complain either.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 11:29 AM)
Cutting spending needs to be an important part of Romney's platform. Sure the Dems can run ads of Romney pushing granny of a cliff in her wheelchair, but they will do that anyways.

I really really want to see those ads. They'd be funny. I'm picturing Romney dressed up as Wily Coyote.

Edited by farmteam

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 11:29 AM)
Cutting spending needs to be an important part of Romney's platform. Sure the Dems can run ads of Romney pushing granny of a cliff in her wheelchair, but they will do that anyways.

hahaha and in what way would those ads be exaggerating? (answer is they wouldn't!)

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 01:23 PM)
hahaha and in what way would those ads be exaggerating? (answer is they wouldn't!)

dude, i just watched the ad on youtube and it is hilarious. Refusing to reform and address issues with some of these entitlement programs is what will throw granny off the cliff. I will personally donate my time to shoot the ad using an Obama look-a-like. It will be epic.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 12:29 PM)

The problem continues to be...with both the Ryan plan and the Romney version of it, the tax cuts they want for the highest income levels are so massive that it's literally impossible for their cuts to make up for them. They usually just refuse to namea nything they'd cut and say "we'll figure out that later" so that they don't take the political hit for it...but that's a joke. You can say "I'm going to cut taxes by $10 trillion and then cut spending to match" but if you don't tell what spending you want to cut...you're not going to get the spending cuts.

That's how Ryan got called a "Flim flam man". His budget works and balances...if he accepts that unemployment immediately falls to 1%. That of course...is impossible, that would produce enormous levels of inflation, it's a joke.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 03:36 PM)
The problem continues to be...with both the Ryan plan and the Romney version of it, the tax cuts they want for the highest income levels are so massive that it's literally impossible for their cuts to make up for them. They usually just refuse to namea nything they'd cut and say "we'll figure out that later" so that they don't take the political hit for it...but that's a joke. You can say "I'm going to cut taxes by $10 trillion and then cut spending to match" but if you don't tell what spending you want to cut...you're not going to get the spending cuts.

Balta, there are details in his budget and he is willing to listen to good suggestions and compromise. Things can change as needed. Perhaps the highest tax bracket stays the same. That's fine with me.

The difference is Walker is leading, while Obama only blames and makes excuses.

Walker has solutions, Obama merely creates more problems.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 06:34 PM)
Balta, there are details in his budget and he is willing to listen to good suggestions and compromise. Things can change as needed. Perhaps the highest tax bracket stays the same. That's fine with me.

Walker who?

And anyway, all not true, but whatever. The whole point is to slash the highest tax bracket. That's the only goal. You ought to know that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 05:47 PM)
Walker who?

And anyway, all not true, but whatever. The whole point is to slash the highest tax bracket. That's the only goal. You ought to know that.

I meant to say Ryan. But anyways, both are leading and Obama is failing.

Also, your "only goal" statement is ridiculous.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 07:03 PM)
I meant to say Ryan. But anyways, both are leading and Obama is failing.

Also, your "only goal" statement is ridiculous.

So is calling anything in Ryan's budget a "Solution".

Obama could make up something just as honest. Claim he'll cut taxes 20% for everyone, triple defense spending, double social security benefits, and balance the budget.

By the standard you just used, those would be great ideas. Sure they don't make sense if you use addition, but he has ideas!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 06:03 PM)
So is calling anything in Ryan's budget a "Solution".

Obama could make up something just as honest. Claim he'll cut taxes 20% for everyone, triple defense spending, double social security benefits, and balance the budget.

There are some very good things in the Ryan budget. Some could use some work.

I'm sure it will all come up, so Obama will have a chance to discuss during the campaign.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 04:34 PM)

Osama.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 11, 2012 -> 09:56 AM)
Picking the guy who wants to end Medicare as his VP kinda makes that easy.

Forbes says you are wrong.

The bottom line: if Romney and Ryan leave you the option to remain in the 1965-vintage, fee-for-service, traditional Medicare program, and you claim that Medicare has “ended as we know it,” what you’ve really ended is the English language as we know it.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/aroy/2012/08/1...inst-paul-ryan/

I don't care that (an editorial by a frequent NRO contributor published by) Forbes says I'm wrong. Changing Medicare to a voucher program that ends up costing seniors thousands of dollars more a year out-of-pocket because you've chained it to CPI means you're ending Medicare. That he includes "left-leaning" Politifact's hilarious "Lie of the Year" declaration as support should tell you exactly how serious to take him. Ryan's 2011 budget plan ends Medicare, plain and simple, though it does so over time.

And Wyden is explicitly rejecting the attempts to link him to Ryan.

How come the Veep candidate is exciting Republicans more than the presidential candidate. Why didn't Ryan try to get the nomination if he's so great? Romney is too unlikeable (way too rich, comes across as snob) to have a chance at the White House.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 13, 2012 -> 01:55 PM)
How come the Veep candidate is exciting Republicans more than the presidential candidate. Why didn't Ryan try to get the nomination if he's so great? Romney is too unlikeable (way too rich, comes across as snob) to have a chance at the White House.

Campaign has been going on for what seems like years, this is somethgin new and exciting! Plus we are finally getting down to the wire here, so from now on everything will be amplified.