The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 12:28 PM)
Liberal favorite Elizabeth Warren was set to give a speech before a group of volunteers in Brockton, Mass., on Wednesday night, when she was interrupted by an apparent Tea Party supporter who had some less than kind words for the Senate candidate.

So, no confirmation, let's just go with it since he made a scene. Good reporting there. And seriously, is Warren really a 'favorite'?

You guys both know that this story is from November, right?

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 08:44 PM)
To be fair it's all indefensible.

It is. But presenting it as one sided is a joke.

On the other hand, I am on record as saying that our elected officials should be held to the same reporting and trading standards as they hold employees of trading companies to when it comes to insider trading in personal accounts. Complete disclosure and monitoring of all trades, self-reporting of insider information, and auditing oversight through an independent agency with the power to level charges against offenders.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 07:48 PM)

On the other hand, I am on record as saying that our elected officials should be held to the same reporting and trading standards as they hold employees of trading companies to when it comes to insider trading in personal accounts. Complete disclosure and monitoring of all trades, self-reporting of insider information, and auditing oversight through an independent agency with the power to level charges against offenders.

lol i didn't present it as one sided. the big news these days is paul ryan. it's an article about paul ryan. did i SAY democrats never engage in that type of activity?

I think it's entirely fair to hold a VP candidate accountable to something like this - you don't?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 08:52 PM)
lol i didn't present it as one sided. the big news these days is paul ryan. it's an article about paul ryan. did i SAY democrats never engage in that type of activity?

I think it's entirely fair to hold a VP candidate accountable to something like this - you don't?

Without any way to prove it, I would bet that either Biden, Obama, or both, have engaged in this exact behavior. Under the system it is perfectly legal.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 08:52 PM)

Come on dude. You specifically said "Defend that, repubs." That's specifically inciting one side of the spectrum. And if you really were trying to make the distinction that he's on the ticket, as compared to just a run-of-the-mill Congressman, it's not really effective to say "lol did i SAY that." Something like "I never said the dems didn't do it, I was referring specifically to the fact that the GOP decided to put a guy who does this on their ticket" is more effective and less condescending.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 08:03 PM)
Come on dude. You specifically said "Defend that, repubs." That's specifically inciting one side of the spectrum. And if you really were trying to make the distinction that he's on the ticket, as compared to just a run-of-the-mill Congressman, it's not really effective to say "lol did i SAY that." Something like "I never said the dems didn't do it, I was referring specifically to the fact that the GOP decided to put a guy who does this on their ticket" is more effective and less condescending.

you're seriously telling ME to be less condescending in a forum full of Alphas, SS2k5s and mr_geniuses?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
you're seriously telling ME to be less condescending in a forum full of Alphas, SS2k5s and mr_geniuses?

I've noticed it getting worse lately; you were the proverbial straw. But that doesn't make my original comment any less true.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 09:50 PM)
Biden out making a fool out of himself, again.

Too bad he was giving a campaign speech in Virginia when he said it.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/blog/waterc...rth-carolina-w/

Don't forget him telling the people that the eeeevil Republicans want to 'return y'all to chains'.

That campaign is classless. But I would expect nothing less. The most thin-skinned President ever. And can someone link to Mitt Romney saying he will allow the banks to re-write regulations in the first 100 days, I missed this one and would like to read about it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 14, 2012 -> 08:48 PM)

What about the stock act?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 07:26 AM)
What about the stock act?

Weak as hell, but a step forward. Especially if the stripped down version missing the key word "and" as was highlighted in the earlier link, is the one that is passed.

Like I said, I see no reason why Congress who has regular acccess to inside information, should be treated any differently than a trading firm who comes across inside information in the realm of their investment work.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Aug 15, 2012 -> 06:37 AM)
http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/14/whistle-...-taxpayer-dime/

Nothing to see here, move along. Just Illinois/Chicago style politics as usual.

Bet he got some nice campaign donations for it too...

According to the whistle-blower, Rev. Jackson also encouraged the government employees to load first-generation and low-income college students up with student loan debt — because Democrats in Congress, he allegedly promised, would eventually pass laws to forgive that debt later. “[T]hose people will continue to vote Democratic,” Jackson Sr. said, according to the whistle-blower.

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/08/14/whistle-.../#ixzz23cOeQHeR