• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Aug 24, 2012 -> 05:37 PM)
If that is true, he may the most dense politician evahhhh.

Why?

We're talking about a guy in his 60's who has already given up his House seat. If he withdraws from the race...he will be unemployed and on the Conservative book/lecture circuit, and probably a regular on Fox. If he stays in the race and loses, he can get all of those things anyway, but if he stays in the race he also has a shot at being a Senator!

Look at things from his side alone...where's the downside to staying in?

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/th.../1#.UDjoyNZlQh-

President Obama's Twitter account has 18.8 million followers -- but more than half of them really don't exist, according to reports.

A new Web tool has determined that 70% of Obama's crowd includes "fake followers," The New York Times reports in a story about how Twitter followers can be purchased.

All of those fake accounts somehow managed to vote for Obama multiple times each. No wonder he is against showing a simple ID to vote.

LOL after watching CNN coverage of an interview with the Romney kids. Wolf Blitzer, with an obvious look of disgust on his face, called Romney "cheap" then told some story of how he shops at Costco.

My god. He didn't even try to hide it. The media is so upset they have to go to the Republican convention. They would NEVER rip Obama like that. Never. Hilarious.

Also immediately after the interview with the boys, Wolf said, "Say what you want about Romney, he has a great family."

He had to add, "say what you want about Romney" Hilarious bias.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 12:42 AM)
LOL after watching CNN coverage of an interview with the Romney kids. Wolf Blitzer, with an obvious look of disgust on his face, called Romney "cheap" then told some story of how he shops at Costco.

My god. He didn't even try to hide it. The media is so upset they have to go to the Republican convention. They would NEVER rip Obama like that. Never. Hilarious.

Also immediately after the interview with the boys, Wolf said, "Say what you want about Romney, he has a great family."

He had to add, "say what you want about Romney" Hilarious bias.

the media (as a whole) isn't on one side or the other, y'all just like to think it is. You've got Fox on the GOP side and NBC that leans left, and then everything else is scattered somewhere in between. The reality is the media is in the hands of big business, and that's the root of what's f***ing up this country. No unbiased information = uninformed public = bad choices

QUOTE (Reddy @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 08:52 AM)
the media (as a whole) isn't on one side or the other, y'all just like to think it is. You've got Fox on the GOP side and NBC that leans left, and then everything else is scattered somewhere in between. The reality is the media is in the hands of big business, and that's the root of what's f***ing up this country. No unbiased information = uninformed public = bad choices

The actual NEWS isn't always biased, but when CNN and Fox News have half their shows as 'opinion shows', then yeah, the whole network gets a slanted view. I can tell you that I have seen liberal politicians get a fair shake on O'Reilly, but I think Chris Matthew's head would explode if he couldn't be a condescending arrogant ass to every conservative he comes across. The token liberal on FOx may BE Alan Colmbs, however you spell that, but the toke conservative is who? Some guy that is actually a registered Democrat? When forced to, the media will report on what makes it money. When not, they pick their favorites.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 11:43 AM)
The actual NEWS isn't always biased, but when CNN and Fox News have half their shows as 'opinion shows', then yeah, the whole network gets a slanted view. I can tell you that I have seen liberal politicians get a fair shake on O'Reilly, but I think Chris Matthew's head would explode if he couldn't be a condescending arrogant ass to every conservative he comes across. The token liberal on FOx may BE Alan Colmbs, however you spell that, but the toke conservative is who? Some guy that is actually a registered Democrat? When forced to, the media will report on what makes it money. When not, they pick their favorites.

1. Alan Colmes is no longer on Fox and hasn't been there for years.

2. CNN really doesn't have a partisan anchor by the standard of Fox or MSNBC.

3. Chris Matthews is on MSNBC (can't tell if you had them crossed with CNN or not).

4. The token conservative on MSNBC would be Joe Scarborough, who happens to have his name on their entire morning show for 3 hours.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 10:47 AM)
1. Alan Colmes is no longer on Fox and hasn't been there for years.

3. Chris Matthews is on MSNBC (can't tell if you had them crossed with CNN or not).

4. The token conservative on MSNBC would be Joe Scarborough, who happens to have his name on their entire morning show for 3 hours.

Alan Colmes sucked, but Hannity sucks just as much.

I'd say Anderson Cooper, the dude from Britain and Wolf Blitzer are all partisan. Not to the degree of Fox and MSNBC. But IMO, Fox has one annoying partisan - Hannity, and MSNBC has two - Matthews and Maddow.

And Scarborough used to be conservative, until he found out that he could have his own show on a liberal network, so he became much more moderate. But he's hardly a "conservative" anymore.

I'll also add that it's been a belief of mine for a long time that cable news is the worst thing to happen to the world in a really, really long time. No journalistic standards, made up stories (in the sense of creating something out of nothing just to fill air time), and the political system has used it like a late night infomercial. I really wish we could go back to one time a day news reports + the internet. That way you get news, not opinions, unless you want them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 10:47 AM)

:lolhitting :lolhitting

Every show on Fox has A token lib. They get plenty of air time. Scarborough is a dem now, he changed to keep his job.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 01:05 PM)

I'd say Anderson Cooper, the dude from Britain and Wolf Blitzer are all partisan. Not to the degree of Fox and MSNBC. But IMO, Fox has one annoying partisan - Hannity, and MSNBC has two - Matthews and Maddow.

And Scarborough used to be conservative, until he found out that he could have his own show on a liberal network, so he became much more moderate. But he's hardly a "conservative" anymore.

And again, great illustration of why I don't respect your guys complaints about the Liberal Media. Anyone who ever says anything that doesn't toe the party line doesn't get counted. Bill O'Reilly goes along with the Republican official talking point line an overwhelming majority of the time, but he doesn't get counted as a partisan. The entire Fox morning show basically repeats that day's RNC talking points, but they don't get counted as partisans. Gretchen Carlson spends almost all of her time backing up the Republican line, but gets angry when the guys go off into pure sexism, and that makes her count as the show's token liberal. The entire news division sets their coverage to follow that day's talking points, but that's not being partisan. Yet, Anderson Cooper, Wolf Blitzer, and Pierce Morgan (who worked for Newscorp in Britain and was probably involved in the phone hacking scandal) get counted as Democratic partisans.

Anyone who follows the Republican line 95% of the time gets counted as a Democratic partisan because of that occasional straying.

It's like me calling Daily Kos a republican site. It's nonsense.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 12:05 PM)

Ed Schultz is about as partisan as it gets.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 02:41 PM)
And again, great illustration of why I don't respect your guys complaints about the Liberal Media. Anyone who ever says anything that doesn't toe the party line doesn't get counted. Bill O'Reilly goes along with the Republican official talking point line an overwhelming majority of the time, but he doesn't get counted as a partisan. The entire Fox morning show basically repeats that day's RNC talking points, but they don't get counted as partisans. Gretchen Carlson spends almost all of her time backing up the Republican line, but gets angry when the guys go off into pure sexism, and that makes her count as the show's token liberal. The entire news division sets their coverage to follow that day's talking points, but that's not being partisan. Yet, Anderson Cooper, Wolf Blitzer, and Pierce Morgan (who worked for Newscorp in Britain and was probably involved in the phone hacking scandal) get counted as Democratic partisans.

Anyone who follows the Republican line 95% of the time gets counted as a Democratic partisan because of that occasional straying.

It's like me calling Daily Kos a republican site. It's nonsense.

WHo said they weren't? Jenks said there was one ANNOYING partisan, and my reference to O'Reilly was that I have seen him actually give liberals chances to talk and listen to what they say (on occasion, otherwise he is a hack), when someone like Matthews would s*** his pants if he had to agree with a conservative, ever. I AGREE that Foxnews is partisan, except for maybe the 5 minutes of actual NEWS you get every hour. Same with CNN and MSNBC. But even with the straight news, you get it slanted to one side or the other. Look at headlines. Fox is Romney-Ryan Hit Tampa As GOP Convention Opens, CNN is GOP sticks to Obama-bashing. MSNBC is Convention seeks

to repair GOP erosion with women and Latinos. Now, will you see a headline on CNN next month saying 'Obama sticks to Romney/GOP Bashing'? No, you won't. Likewise if there is a negative spin during the dnc, I am sure Fox will have it headlined as well.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 04:45 PM)
when someone like Matthews would s*** his pants if he had to agree with a conservative, ever.

Do I need to go find the clip of him gushing over how manly Bush was in his "mission accomplished" flightsuit and codpiece back in 03?