• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (lostfan @ May 14, 2009 -> 07:59 AM)
The above is actually a great idea politically, it's more of what they did during the Reagan era, etc. The Republicans are not going to get anywhere by just doubling down and being "more conservative" or whatever that means. It's just not mathematically possible.

For the sake of entertainment. I think they should test this theory by trying to get Chuck Norris elected into some sort of office. They thought Obama was marketable to the youth, imagine what Chuck Norris could do. The campaign slogans alone would be priceless.

And on my last poo stop of the night...

"Dancing Poo" - aka Michael Steele.

poo.gif

(Bring it... Dancing Queen, you know it...)

Youre a teaser, you turn em on

Leave them burning and then youre gone

Looking out for another, anyone will do

Youre in the mood for a dance

And when you get the chance...

You are the dancing queen, young and sweet, only thirty-seventeen

Dancing queen, feel the beat from the tambourine

You can dance, you can jive, having the time of your life

See that girl, watch that scene, dig in the dancing queen

C'Mon Steele, Busta' Move!

poo.gif

Democrats wanted Bush to fail in 2006

So i stumbled across an article that linked me to a NY Post piece written in 2006. Below is just part of the article.

September 24, 2006 — The leftist and liberal throng who cheered Venezuelan strongman Hugo Chavez at a Harlem church Thursday, a day after he called President Bush “the devil,” are just the latest sign of a real problem for the Democratic Party and the nation: Bush-hate is now the opiate of the party’s base.

A recent Fox News poll gets at the disturbing truth: A majority of Democrats say they want to see the president fail. Such deep hatred is bad news for the country at a time when America needs to bridge the partisan divide. It’s also bad news for the Democrats, who risk repeating the Republicans’ mistakes of a decade ago, driving away the centrists they need to regain power or going too far if they do manage to win.

Fox’s question was revealing: “Regardless of how you voted in the presidential election, would you say you want President Bush to succeed or not?” Democrats said “not,” 51 percent to 40 percent—where the public at large wanted success by almost two to one.

In other words, the rage extends way beyond the lip-pierced Deaniacs, aging hippies and other fringes of the Democratic Party. Lots of otherwise sensible people—suburban moms, hospital orderlies, schoolteachers, big-hatted church ladies—detest George W. Bush.

When these Democrats say they want Bush to fail, might this mean that they simply reject what they see as his far-right religious and corporate agenda? If so, it’s hard to see why independents—hardly right-wing zealots—hope he succeeds by 63 percent to 34 percent. Sadly, much of the Democratic Party wants to see this president crash and burn.

Of course though, when Limbaugh said it about Obama, it was different.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 18, 2009 -> 10:56 AM)
It's the same for both sides. Would expect anything different?

lol, I confess I wasn't expecting you to say something rational that I'd agree with here.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ May 18, 2009 -> 01:23 AM)
And on my last poo stop of the night...

"Dancing Poo" - aka Michael Steele.

poo.gif

(Bring it... Dancing Queen, you know it...)

poo.gif

It was really interesting that Obama seemed to be making a veiled "not black enough" type of dig at Steele during the comedy routine.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ May 20, 2009 -> 08:20 AM)
http://vote.sos.ca.gov/returns/props/map1A.htm

Even Pelosi's county voted against a tax increase. Will wonders never cease. Boy the pro refernda folks spent their 30+ million well, huh. A lot of bang for their buck. :lolhitting

Are you actually in CA? Just curious how familiar you are with the state's government out here.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 20, 2009 -> 02:23 PM)
Anyone think this whole Pelosi thing has been orchestrated by Obama? I think Obama wants her out, and his guy in.

I think he really doesn't like her and doesn't like having to be seen with her in public, but no, the damage done to her is entirely self-inflicted. And the GOP are like sharks in the water, since now people can talk about her instead of something that brings negative attention on them. It doesn't really help Obama.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 20, 2009 -> 01:23 PM)
Anyone think this whole Pelosi thing has been orchestrated by Obama? I think Obama wants her out, and his guy in.

It is plausible, but I think this more Pelosi opening her big fat mouth and lies coming out, while having a lot of political enemies who would love to take her down.

The thing is though, Obama could have not allowed the CIA and Panetta show what type of lying fool Pelosi is.

Maybe it wasn't orchestrated, per se, but rather they might have seen it as an opening to finally get Pelosi out as the speaker.

There are rules on what congressmen on the intel committees have to do when they're being briefed. They're not allowed to take notes or anything, and I don't think the CIA has detailed records of what was said either.

Colin Powell Needs to Run With This Idea:

The open question seems to be whether there is a Huntsman-Powell wing, but Colin Powell made the case today:

"Ru
s
h Limbaugh
s
ay
s
, 'Get out of the Republican Party.' Dic
k
Cheney
s
ay
s
, 'He'
s
already out.' I may be out of their ver
s
ion of the Republican Party, but there'
s
another ver
s
ion of the Republican Party waiting to emerge once again," Powell told the crowd.