The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (mr_genius @ May 31, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)
John Walker Lindh is an ant-abortion guy now? i did not know that. i did not know that.

No the American version of them. You know wonderful people like Pat Robertson and Randall Terry. Altough i'm sure Johnny Walker has similar views on the subject.

Edited by GoSox05

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ May 31, 2009 -> 07:05 PM)
No the American version of them. You know wonderful people like Pat Robertson and Randall Terry. Altough i'm sure Johnny Walker has similar views on the subject.

I've never heard of Randall Terry. I looked on wikipedia and stopped reading after like 5 paragraphs of his seemingly endless list of marriages and divorces.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 31, 2009 -> 06:40 PM)
Impressive how tolerant of terrorism you are when it is done to someone who's politics you don't like.

My heart is bleeding and I'm not even liberal. Save it for someone who cares. I didn't condone the murder, but what comes around goes around. His killer should be executed in my opinion. It was pre-meditated, no doubt. You mean manufactured domestic incident not terrorism, right?

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 07:54 AM)
My heart is bleeding and I'm not even liberal. Save it for someone who cares. I didn't condone the murder, but what comes around goes around. His killer should be executed in my opinion. It was pre-meditated, no doubt. You mean manufactured domestic incident not terrorism, right?

ter⋅ror⋅ism

  /ˈtɛrəˌrɪzəm/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ter-uh-riz-uhm] Show IPA

–noun

1. the use of violence and threats to intimidate or coerce, esp. for political purposes.

2. the state of fear and submission produced by terrorism or terrorization.

3. a terroristic method of governing or of resisting a government.

ter·ror·ism (tr-rzm)

n.

The unlawful use or threatened use of force or violence by a person or an organized group against people or property with the intention of intimidating or coercing societies or governments, often for ideological or political reasons.

Killing a man for political reasons is the definition of terrorism.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 10:43 AM)

So are a lot of union organization tactics, like what will happen if EFCA gets passed.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 09:54 AM)
It was pre-meditated, no doubt. You mean manufactured domestic incident not terrorism, right?

Imagine an Islamist fanatic had assassinated a pro-Israel rabbi in a synagogue, and had harassed synagogues for years, including one arrest for bomb materials in his car. Imagine if one of his associates had tried to kill the rabbi before. Would there be any question that this was Islamist terror? So why is this not Christianist terror?

LINK

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 10:58 AM)
How will the EFCA be like that at all?

If violence was applied as a method of coercion, I could certainly see it meeting that standard.

Of course...since right now the only ones who can use violence and intimidation and threats are the ownership of a business trying to prevent unionization, that's fine.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 09:43 AM)

Thank you for the lesson. Don't know why you feel the need to try make me care about this low-life or the low-life who killed him.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 03:05 PM)
Thank you for the lesson. Don't know why you feel the need to try make me care about this low-life or the low-life who killed him.

Totally. We should even start killing every woman who steps out of an abortion clinic.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 02:11 PM)
If violence was applied as a method of coercion, I could certainly see it meeting that standard.

Of course...since right now the only ones who can use violence and intimidation and threats are the ownership of a business trying to prevent unionization, that's fine.

Its funny you say that, because right in my home town there is a restarant site that has had to hire 24/7 security and have full time police presence to protect their workers from the attacks and vandalism of the union people protesting the building site. They view it as not only their right, but their obligation to break many laws repeatedly because the ownership group isn't using local union labor.

Yeah let's please not start talking about ordinary criminal activity and call it terrorism... god I hate that. You don't just arbitrarily drop the "t-word" into something you don't like to make it worse, it's intellectually dishonest and a copout.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 06:10 PM)
Yeah let's please not start talking about ordinary criminal activity and call it terrorism... god I hate that. You don't just arbitrarily drop the "t-word" into something you don't like to make it worse, it's intellectually dishonest and a copout.

Which do you consider Tiller's murder to be?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 08:10 PM)

now i'm not as anti-union as 2k5 and believe they can serve a good purpose, but what he is describing is text book terrorism.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorism

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jun 1, 2009 -> 09:49 PM)
now i'm not as anti-union as 2k5 and believe they can serve a good purpose, but what he is describing is text book terrorism.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/terrorism

Bullying and intimidation to get something they want (a favorable outcome for themselves)? Just because there is violence and coercion involved doesn't make it "terrorism." It's a slippery slope, but it really isn't that slippery. If I call your house and say "you will let me have sex with your wife or I'll put you in the hospital" is that terrorism? No, it just makes me a douchebag who should go to jail, but not a domestic terrorist.