The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 04:04 PM)
lf, it's not what he said in the speech today, it was what he said in a presser yesterday. I will have to go see if I can find the link, since I just cleared my cookies and cache.

Grrr. Ok I might have to take back what I said.

There's 2 fathers he could be talking about though, I think his biological father (left when he was 2, wasn't in his life) was the Muslim one, and the one his mother married was the atheist.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 03:07 PM)
Grrr. Ok I might have to take back what I said.

There's 2 fathers he could be talking about though, I think his biological father (left when he was 2, wasn't in his life) was the Muslim one, and the one his mother married was the atheist.

Sorry - didn't mean to lead you down the wrong path. I posted this yesterday before the speech today. What he said today wasn't what I was trying to point out.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 4, 2009 -> 04:11 PM)
Sorry - didn't mean to lead you down the wrong path. I posted this yesterday before the speech today. What he said today wasn't what I was trying to point out.

Well, in that case, I suck. :headbang

I can understand why some people might not mind abortion, but why does anyone support late term abortion (if the child and mother aren't in serious risk). It's sickening how all the far left media is making Tiller into some type or martyr, while they avoid reporting about the asshole islamic terrorist who killed an army recruiter (and if they do report it, they'll forget to mention he's black and a muslim terrorist). I mean, I'm sorry Tiller got assassinated and in all of places in a church with probably his friends and family, but this guy was a bum who would kill any baby for 5 grand, and he deserved to be in jail.

And now the media is blaming Fox News and talk radio for Tiller's death? What crap. Fine, conservatives are to blame for Tiller's death. But that means NBC and far left media is to blame for the Army Recruiters death.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 5, 2009 -> 09:46 PM)
I can understand why some people might not mind abortion, but why does anyone support late term abortion (if the child and mother aren't in serious risk). It's sickening how all the far left media is making Tiller into some type or martyr, while they avoid reporting about the asshole islamic terrorist who killed an army recruiter (and if they do report it, they'll forget to mention he's black and a muslim terrorist). I mean, I'm sorry Tiller got assassinated and in all of places in a church with probably his friends and family, but this guy was a bum who would kill any baby for 5 grand, and he deserved to be in jail.

And now the media is blaming Fox News and talk radio for Tiller's death? What crap. Fine, conservatives are to blame for Tiller's death. But that means NBC and far left media is to blame for the Army Recruiters death.

Yeah, I really don't get this one either. I mean, even Fox isn't talking about it, WTF?

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 12:58 AM)
Yeah, I really don't get this one either. I mean, even Fox isn't talking about it, WTF?

:lol: Good point.

BTW, I want to steal your line that you stole on facebook about being wrong. That's a good one.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 12:58 AM)

Beck hasn't talked about it at all... all he talks about lately is acorn.

O'Reilly has talked about it the past couple days though.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 01:17 AM)
Beck hasn't talked about it at all... all he talks about lately is acorn.

O'Reilly has talked about it the past couple days though.

Glenn Beck has started to make Sean Hannity look like a damn liberal. He's become a crying, flaming idiot.

And I'm not a Hannity fan, either. He's straight GOP talking points man.

I like Beck. He really dislikes both sides, and he has done some good work with showing how big of a scam acorn is. He's over the top a lot, and quite crazy, but he's a true conservative, and he doesn't play the fence like O'Reilly does a lot.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 02:34 AM)
I like Beck. He really dislikes both sides, and he has done some good work with showing how big of a scam acorn is. He's over the top a lot, and quite crazy, but he's a true conservative, and he doesn't play the fence like O'Reilly does a lot.

O'Reilly doesn't really play the fence, that's just who he is. He gets thrown into the same sentence as Hannity and Limbaugh a lot but that's not really accurate or fair to him.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 6, 2009 -> 10:27 AM)
Ok, the MSM has now declared that flip-flopping is OK, because the Messiah is doing it, for our own good. Just check out the headline! Too funny.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnews/20090604/ts...orthepublicgood

That isn't a news article - its a feature piece by a US News and World Report writer.

Bias in opinion articles is irrelevant. When its a NEWS article, then it matters.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 7, 2009 -> 06:53 PM)
That isn't a news article - its a feature piece by a US News and World Report writer.

Bias in opinion articles is irrelevant. When its a NEWS article, then it matters.

i wouldn't say irrelevant. constant ond sided bias within a publications pages shows systemic bias. the news coverage is likely biased as well in these cases.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 06:56 PM)
Thankfully, no one is rationing health care right now.

I know, the government can always do it better.

Every time this is asked of you, you can't come up with an answer. Name me what would universally be called a good entitlement government program that is ran efficiently and doesn't cost more then they originally said it would - while still maintaining all the services that are promised.

Private industry ALWAYS does it better then the government - even if private industry sucks.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 09:33 PM)

Every time this is asked of you, you can't come up with an answer. Name me what would universally be called a good entitlement government program that is ran efficiently and doesn't cost more then they originally said it would - while still maintaining all the services that are promised.

Private industry ALWAYS does it better then the government - even if private industry sucks.

I'm more concerned with fixing this particular private industry, it's hilarious how bold they are about ripping us off without the slightest concern for consequences or backlash. The costs need to get under control, and more people will be able to afford it. Admittedly I don't know how to do that, but I'm not in a position where I should, either.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 06:33 PM)

Social Security and Medicare. And the VA health system. And everyone else's nationalized health care systems.

You're obviously going to argue those points, but I'll focus on these key details. The VA health care system is essentially the best-run health care system in the country. Lowest costs, highest satisfaction in surveys. Medicare is facing the same cost explosion private industry has given us, but it does so with dramatically lower overhead costs. Social Security has a built in flaw that every so often needs to be fixed - its designed that the intial payouts increase more than the rate of inflation over time, such that it requires a certain increase in productivity to avoid issues...but it also supplies people with a guaranteed, stable retirement system with very, very low administrative costs compared to any other retirement plan out there.

And every other health care system in the developed world spends something like 2/3 to 1/2 the amount ours does while producing results that are at least equal and are in many cases vastly better, while not leaving 20% of its population out in the cold.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 8, 2009 -> 08:59 PM)
I'm more concerned with fixing this particular private industry, it's hilarious how bold they are about ripping us off without the slightest concern for consequences or backlash.

how do you suggest we force the health care industry to lower their outrageous prices?

Edited by mr_genius