The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 16, 2009 -> 07:51 PM)
I heard about this on Glenn Beck. Obama just eliminated the only real check on power that people had over his community organizer friends. Wanna see something funny?

Inspector General Reform Act of 2008 (co-sponsored by Obama)

(a) ESTABLISHMENTS.—Section 3 of the Inspector General

Act of 1978 (5 U.S.C. App.) is amended by striking the second

sentence and inserting ‘‘If an Inspector General is removed from

office or is transferred to another position or location within an

establishment, the President shall communicate in writing the reasons

for any such removal or transfer to both Houses of Congress,

not later than 30 days before the removal or transfer. Nothing

in this subsection shall prohibit a personnel action otherwise

authorized by law, other than transfer or removal.’’.

Yeah, Obama didn't do that.

Well, you know, he was investigating Obama's BFF Kevin Johnson (who wound up being dirty, but that doesn't matter if your BFF's with the prez).

Edited by BearSox

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/20...opriate-co.html

Or it might have been that he was hiding exculpatory evidence, and that a bipartisan review board unanimously recommended his termination. Frankly, I don't really know.

Which sounds to me a lot more plausible than covering the mayor of Sacramento's ass. I think, and at least hope, that if Obama was going to pull shady s*** like people on such award winning websites as infowars.com, prisonplanet.com and talkaboutham.com accuses him of, it would be for bigger deals than pulling a mayor of a second tier California city out of the fire. For all the talk about being spoonfed other places, taking people like Alex Jones at face value certainly seems like a bit of spoonfeeding yourself.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 11:53 AM)
http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/20...opriate-co.html

Or it might have been that he was hiding exculpatory evidence, and that a bipartisan review board unanimously recommended his termination. Frankly, I don't really know.

Which sounds to me a lot more plausible than covering the mayor of Sacramento's ass. I think, and at least hope, that if Obama was going to pull shady s*** like people on such award winning websites as infowars.com, prisonplanet.com and talkaboutham.com accuses him of, it would be for bigger deals than pulling a mayor of a second tier California city out of the fire. For all the talk about being spoonfed other places, taking people like Alex Jones at face value certainly seems like a bit of spoonfeeding yourself.

Bulls***, Ameri-trade asked the guy to investigate one of Obama’s friends due to mysterious allocations of taxpayer money, and then the guy is mysteriously fired after finding damning evidence. The man did nothing to deserve being fired, unless you count doing his job. Sometimes the obvious answer is the right one.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 11:57 AM)
Bulls***, Ameri-trade asked the guy to investigate one of Obama’s friends due to mysterious allocations of taxpayer money, and then the guy is mysteriously fired after finding damning evidence. The man did nothing to deserve being fired, unless you count doing his job. Sometimes the obvious answer is the right one.

Mysteriously fired and replaced by someone else who joined the Inspector General's office under the Bush administration. You'd think they'd have brought someone else up who didn't work under the Bush administration if they really wanted to pull some hijinks.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jun 17, 2009 -> 09:06 AM)
Mysteriously fired and replaced by someone else who joined the Inspector General's office under the Bush administration. You'd think they'd have brought someone else up who didn't work under the Bush administration if they really wanted to pull some hijinks.

Either way, this seems like a case where some Congressional oversight might be warranted.

Unfortunately, Congress hasn't cared much about that lately.

After a complaint by Congress, the White House has submitted the letter they were supposed to send 30 days before a firing.

resident Barack Obama removed a government agency’s internal watchdog last week and plans to fire him in part because he was “confused” and “disoriented” at a meeting last month, the White House said in a letter to Congress Tuesday night.

The letter came after several senators, including key Obama supporter Senator Claire McCaskill (D-Mo.), expressed concern that Obama skirted the requirements of federal law in the terse explanation he gave Congress about his reasons for removing the inspector general of the Corporation for National and Community Service, Gerald Walpin.

“Mr. Walpin was removed after a review was unanimously requested by the bi-partisan Board of the Corporation,” Obama ethics counsel Norm Eisen wrote in a letter to senators Joe Lieberman (I-Conn.) and Susan Collins (R-Me.), with a copy directed to McCaskill. “The Board’s action was precipitated by a May 20, 2009 Board meeting at which Mr. Walpin was confused, disoriented, unable to answer questions and exhibited other behavior that led the Board to question his capacity to serve.”

“We further learned that Mr. Walpin had been absent from the Corporation’s headquarters, insisting upon working from his home in New York over the objections of the Corporation’s Board; that he had exhibited a lack of candor in providing material information to decision makers; and that he had engaged in other troubling and inappropriate conduct,” Eisen wrote.

Eisen’s letter also noted that a complaint was pending against Walpin, brought by the acting U.S. Attorney in Sacramento, who accused Walpin of failing to disclose evidence in an investigation.

“Mr. Walpin had become unduly disruptive to agency operations, impairing his effectiveness and, for the reasons stated above, losing the confidence of the Board and the agency. It was for these reasons that Mr. Walpin was removed,” Eisen wrote.

Reached at his home in New York Tuesday night, Walpin called the allegations in the Eisen letter “absolutely amazing.”

“Anybody who’s heard me speaking more than I’m used to speaking on radio and TV in recent days, obviously under great pressure from what happened would clearly know that I know what I’m saying and what I’m doing and I’m not incoherent,” Walpin told POLITICO. “There’s nothing confusing about malfeasance and there’s nothing confusing about what appears to be the fact that they terminated me because I was doing my job because the White House wanted to protect people who proclaim they are friends of the White House.”

Walpin said he did recall a board meeting where he became frustrated over “constant interruption…consistently breaking up my organization.”

Asked about the May 20 session, Walpin said, “It’s certainly possible at that meeting I had a bug and was tired. I can’t remember right now…All I can say is this is a weak reed to now be relying on.”

That's not the strongest denial I've ever heard from Walpin.

Here's the interview with Walpin. Don't even pay attention to Beck if you don't like him...The first half is at the bottom of this link:

http://www.therightscoop.com/video-glenn-b...r-june-17-2009/

This is the sanity test Beck gave him:

I'm sorry, but yeah, I ain't buying these charges they are putting on Walpin. First off, he's man enough to come on TV and defend himself, while the people placing these charges on him are hiding behind closed doors. Also, who cares where he was working, he was getting his job done, and evidently, he must have been doing his job pretty good if they wanted him to do a big speech where got more time than the CEO of the company that ran this event. And he doesn't seem senile to me, a little old, yes, but not senile.

This is so bogus. The left went crazy when Bush LEGALLY fired the lawyers, but when Obama ILLEGALLY fires an Inspector General on bogus charges, you only got Glenn Beck reporting.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 11:50 AM)
Here's the interview with Walpin. Don't even pay attention to Beck if you don't like him...The first half is at the bottom of this link:

http://www.therightscoop.com/video-glenn-b...r-june-17-2009/

This is the sanity test Beck gave him:

I'm sorry, but yeah, I ain't buying these charges they are putting on Walpin. First off, he's man enough to come on TV and defend himself, while the people placing these charges on him are hiding behind closed doors. Also, who cares where he was working, he was getting his job done, and evidently, he must have been doing his job pretty good if they wanted him to do a big speech where got more time than the CEO of the company that ran this event. And he doesn't seem senile to me, a little old, yes, but not senile.

This is so bogus. The left went crazy when Bush LEGALLY fired the lawyers, but when Obama ILLEGALLY fires an Inspector General on bogus charges, you only got Glenn Beck reporting.

There should absolutely be an investigation into this firing assuming that Obama did not properly follow protocol on the firing of the inspector general.

That being said, Glenn Beck has no business giving anyone a sanity test.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 12:54 PM)
There should absolutely be an investigation into this firing assuming that Obama did not properly follow protocol on the firing of the inspector general.

:lolhitting

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 12:54 PM)

Like they are going to investigate anything. What a joke. Now if this were a Republican on the other hand...

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 11:32 AM)
Like they are going to investigate anything. What a joke. Now if this were a Republican on the other hand...

The witnesses would be subpoenaed, the witness would refuse to appear, the Congress would repeatedly send sternly worded letters to said witnesses, and that's as far as it would go.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 06:59 PM)
The witnesses would be subpoenaed, the witness would refuse to appear, the Congress would repeatedly send sternly worded letters to said witnesses, and that's as far as it would go.

Seriously, this is the problem with the government we have now, regardless of party. Everyone's power tripping and playing games rather then actually looking out for all of us. I hate it. You are dead on with this post and it just makes me really sad, Republican or Democrat.

Did anyone see the video of Barbara Boxer cutting off a Brigadier General who called her "ma'am" at an EPW hearing yesterday? She demanded that he call her Senator. Thank god we have women like that in charge who see it as their job to publicly embarrass those who fight for our country.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 10:49 PM)
Did anyone see the video of Barbara Boxer cutting off a Brigadier General who called her "ma'am" at an EPW hearing yesterday? She demanded that he call her Senator. Thank god we have women like that in charge who see it as their job to publicly embarrass those who fight for our country.

What a b****. She was sooo polite in cutting him off while he was answering her question.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 18, 2009 -> 08:26 PM)
Seriously, this is the problem with the government we have now, regardless of party. Everyone's power tripping and playing games rather then actually looking out for all of us. I hate it. You are dead on with this post and it just makes me really sad, Republican or Democrat.

Although I can't say I didn't 100% expect it to happen, I hate how the Democrats in the House are basically doing whatever they think Obama wants them to do when they criticized Republicans for doing the same thing and they said they wouldn't be like that. Pelosi = Hastert.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 02:36 PM)
Although I can't say I didn't 100% expect it to happen, I hate how the Democrats in the House are basically doing whatever they think Obama wants them to do when they criticized Republicans for doing the same thing and they said they wouldn't be like that. Pelosi = Hastert.

Pelosi's way worse. At least Hastert had 1/2 a brain and used 1/2 of the 1/2.