The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 12:38 PM)
Pelosi's way worse. At least Hastert had 1/2 a brain and used 1/2 of the 1/2.

And that half was devoted for a time to protecting Mark Foley's right to "Talk to" the White House pages.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 02:44 PM)
And that half was devoted for a time to protecting Mark Foley's right to "Talk to" the White House pages.

So now we're down to 1/2 of the 1/2 of the 1/2. :lol: Yet, that's still better then Pelosi. I'm sorry. She's just a dumb, pathetic (aww hell I have to censor myself).

ETA: And I didn't like him, either.

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jun 19, 2009 -> 03:46 PM)
So now we're down to 1/2 of the 1/2 of the 1/2. :lol: Yet, that's still better then Pelosi. I'm sorry. She's just a dumb, pathetic (aww hell I have to censor myself).

ETA: And I didn't like him, either.

I'm no Pelosi fan, but I will say this... it seems that we're getting back to business as it was sort of meant to be done in Congress. I'm not talking about shenanigans and whatnot, but more along the lines of this. The House was always meant to be a partisan place. The Senate was meant to be more bipartisan and amenable to compromise.

It's why things pass in the House and get held up in the Senate. It's why people like Kucinich and Sali are congressmen and people like Lugar and Kennedy (say what you will about Kennedy - but he's proven time and again to work with both sides of the aisle.) are in the Senate.

But I do think that we all would do better with another Speaker of the House.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 01:13 PM)
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090626/ap_on_...nce_plantations

Seriously???? SERIOUSLY????????

My god, who the f*** cares? Don't they have more important things to worry about than taking away part of the official name of the state that no one knows about? What stupidity.

I'm sorry, but I always find this to just be a silly objection to anything a government does. Just because it's not important doesn't mean that they're not passing something else important. Silly time wasters like that don't bother me. Rather have them voting on that than wasting time raising funds with lobbyists.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 04:06 PM)
I don't see why that's worth getting upset over especially if you don't live in RI. Plus the "they have more important things to worry about" is a non-sequitor.

I just hate all politicians... I get upset at every stupid thing even the lowest politician does now.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
I just hate all politicians... I get upset at every stupid thing even the lowest politician does now.

Do you know any?

I always find these blanket statements sort of funny. I hate all politicians/cub fans/insert religion or whatever. No one who has ever really known more than one or two of that group would say that, which should tell you its a silly statement.

Just like not ALL ballplayers did roids, not ALL politicians are losers.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 08:32 PM)
Do you know any?

I always find these blanket statements sort of funny. I hate all politicians/cub fans/insert religion or whatever. No one who has ever really known more than one or two of that group would say that, which should tell you its a silly statement.

Just like not ALL ballplayers did roids, not ALL politicians are losers.

I only know one, and he ain't bad... but he's still a democrat, so I naturally hate him ;)

However, otherwise, I'm done. I'll believe in a good politician when I see one. Every day you find out about another cheating/lying/stealing politicians and it's getting really old. And there are plenty more with a lot of smoke around them, and you know the old saying. Plus, you can't forget about the completely, insanely, idiotic ones. I've given up. There seems to be more corrupt politicians who want to pass their own agendas and help themselves rather than doing their jobs and serving the people!

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jun 27, 2009 -> 08:41 PM)
I only know one, and he ain't bad... but he's still a democrat, so I naturally hate him ;)

However, otherwise, I'm done. I'll believe in a good politician when I see one. Every day you find out about another cheating/lying/stealing politicians and it's getting really old. And there are plenty more with a lot of smoke around them, and you know the old saying. Plus, you can't forget about the completely, insanely, idiotic ones. I've given up. There seems to be more corrupt politicians who want to pass their own agendas and help themselves rather than doing their jobs and serving the people!

MOST local politicians are pretty solid. The national dorkasses? Hell no, MOST of them are assballs floating in the toilet that is Washington DC.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 05:45 PM)
Going back to the firing of that IG, a series of documents given to Congress have now been released publicly showing that he had a very strained working relationship with a bipartisan group of the people he was supposed to be working with and they in fact, not the white house, gave the recommendation for his removal.

That really doesn't prove anything. It's still his word vs. theirs.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 06:09 PM)
It proves the White House wasn't making the call to punish him for the Kevin Johnson investigation.

That's undetermined. Perhaps the WH used this as an excuse to get rid of him.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 04:10 PM)
That's undetermined. Perhaps the WH used this as an excuse to get rid of him.

Even if that's the case, the fact that this paper trail exists says that they had every justification legally for doing so.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 06:14 PM)
Even if that's the case, the fact that this paper trail exists says that they had every justification legally for doing so.

How do we know reports like these aren't filed all the time with other IG's?

It's amazing how much people go out of their way to find documents/websites/blogs that justify everything Barackus the Great and his Democrat buddies do, and how much people go out of their way to make anything GOP related look like they're evil incarnate/wrong or whatever on damn near any issue.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 06:31 PM)
It's amazing how much people go out of their way to find documents/websites/blogs that justify everything Barackus the Great and his Democrat buddies do, and how much people go out of their way to make anything GOP related look like they're evil incarnate/wrong or whatever on damn near any issue.

Maybe all the documents backing up my side and no documents backing up your side says something... :D

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 2, 2009 -> 08:31 PM)

It's amazing how far some people go to try and prove their ridiculous claim that all politicians are the same. Is Kevin Johnson really Obama's buddy anyways?