The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 11:17 AM)
It's amazing how far some people go to try and prove their ridiculous claim that all politicians are the same. Is Kevin Johnson really Obama's buddy anyways?

Yeah, they like to ball it up together.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 3, 2009 -> 12:50 PM)
I don't know... has the WH finished that BBall court installation?

I wonder if Palin can still ball? Palin vs. Obama on the court would be a pretty sweet publicity stunt if she could.

Nice, North Korea launches 7 more missiles on our Independence Day.

But you know, we just need to talk to them. I'm sure Barry can get this whole situation settled over a nice cup of tea and some crackers.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 09:21 PM)
Nice, North Korea launches 7 more missiles on our Independence Day.

But you know, we just need to talk to them. I'm sure Barry can get this whole situation settled over a nice cup of tea and some crackers.

f*** it, let's invade them then. We'll need to add a couple more divisions though because everything we have right now is in Afghanistan or Iraq. You signing up? Also, who's gonna pay for it?

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 07:05 PM)
Only if we use hybrid tanks.

fake_rumsfeld.jpg

"hmmm.....

no deal. I want to use normal tanks"

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jul 5, 2009 -> 08:33 PM)
fake_rumsfeld.jpg

"hmmm.....

no deal. I want to use normal tanks"

No no no, if its Rummy talking, its more like...

"Would we consider using hybrid tanks? Sure, if it made sense. But you guys, you people in those seats who are supposed to be reporting the facts, aren't reporting facts. Have you ever seen a hybrid tank? I don't think so. Next question."

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 4, 2009 -> 10:39 PM)
f*** it, let's invade them then. We'll need to add a couple more divisions though because everything we have right now is in Afghanistan or Iraq. You signing up? Also, who's gonna pay for it?

That's the easy part. The same people who are/will be paying for everything else. Money evidently is no problem for this administration

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 10:03 AM)
That's the easy part. The same people who are/will be paying for everything else. Money evidently is no problem for this administration

I just find it hilarious, and slightly dismaying, that war drumbeaters are almost always the same people who are concerned with excessive government spending. War is ridiculously expensive, a 3rd war for us would make the stimulus bill look like my tax refund.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 10:18 AM)
I just find it hilarious, and slightly dismaying, that war drumbeaters are almost always the same people who are concerned with excessive government spending. War is ridiculously expensive, a 3rd war for us would make the stimulus bill look like my tax refund.

I'm not advocating a war with North Korea. A war with North Korea would need full Chinese and Russian support or else it would be a catastrophic error in judgement. However, I was just playfully pointing out that money would probably be no problem for the current administration to come up with.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 11:07 AM)
I'm not advocating a war with North Korea. A war with North Korea would need full Chinese and Russian support or else it would be a catastrophic error in judgement. However, I was just playfully pointing out that money would probably be no problem for the current administration to come up with.

Oh I know where your opinion is (wasn't referring to you as a war drumbeater either), I just used that opportunity to rant that point again and shout into space, no other reason really.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 07:18 AM)

If it wasn't for the damage that the world economies would take due to the loss of Seoul and the sucking up of oil by the military, I could be game for a war-as-stimulus right now. Especially since my knees are now so bad that no one would ever draft me.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 07:58 AM)
"Would we consider using hybrid tanks? Sure, if it made sense. But you guys, you people in those seats who are supposed to be reporting the facts, aren't reporting facts. Have you ever seen a hybrid tank? I don't think so. Next question."

:lolhitting

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 11:03 AM)
If it wasn't for the damage that the world economies would take due to the loss of Seoul and the sucking up of oil by the military, I could be game for a war-as-stimulus right now. Especially since my knees are now so bad that no one would ever draft me.

War-as-stimulus is just a broken-window fallacy, though. Better to spend that money on tractors instead of tanks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 12:13 PM)
But, since war spending doesn't actually count, it might be the only way we can get additional spending actually passed.

Then we don't get more spending, which I think is good anyway.

I don't think spending more is a good idea. I think I'd rather we found ways to speed the money from the stim bill to the present. And I wish the bill was a lot more focused than it was, specifically on infrastructure and energy, but we can't do anything about that now.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 6, 2009 -> 01:18 PM)
Touhy Ave. in Des Plaines and the Lemont State St. bridge are both being repaired thanks to AR&RA. I think the slogan of "putting Americans back to work" should be "making Americans late for work"

Or we could let them deteriorate and collapse with cars on it and killing people. up to you.