The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 11:33 AM)
I know it is. It's an extention of the START treaty that is set to expire Dec. 5.

They were talking about how they could use some executive orders to get around this until the Senate passed the treaty if they needed to.

It's a formality, of course they'll pass it (which is completely fine) - so they need to get about it just to prevent some sort of "power grab" from the executive. I mean think of the blaspheme if a Republican did this. Just sayin'. The main point is you need this check that is in the constitution adhered to - so just get it done, no big deal, without regard to party.

If this indeed an extension or addition to START, then you are correct, he's evading the Constitution here by not going before the Senate.

But if, as I said earlier, it was just a mutual understanding with no intention of force of law, then he doesn't need to do that.

Its a fuzzy but important distinction.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 11:41 AM)
If this indeed an extension or addition to START, then you are correct, he's evading the Constitution here by not going before the Senate.

But if, as I said earlier, it was just a mutual understanding with no intention of force of law, then he doesn't need to do that.

Its a fuzzy but important distinction.

As I stated, just to be clear, I'm not bashing the dude for this, just get the Senate to vote on it. That's it.

Man, Sotomayor's ass must be all wet and nasty from all that ass-kissing that was going in the Senate hearings today.

I really don't care about her, Barry could have nominated anyone he wanted to and they'd get into the SC. I just would prefer not to see her paraded around as some godly woman because she's Hispanic. How about you focus on s*** that matters?

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 10:49 PM)
Man, Sotomayor's ass must be all wet and nasty from all that ass-kissing that was going in the Senate hearings today.

I really don't care about her, Barry could have nominated anyone he wanted to and they'd get into the SC. I just would prefer not to see her paraded around as some godly woman because she's Hispanic. How about you focus on s*** that matters?

They still have the rest of the week, they will

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 09:49 PM)

dude, she's a wise latina. the wisest of the wise latinas. how can you not think she's the best? i hope she wears a f***ing wizard hat and has a owl that floats around her head and s***; show how truly wise and mythical her powers really are.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 07:45 AM)
Yeah how lucky am I to have had Chucky AND Hillary as my senators the past several years. (I don't really mind Gillebrand at all, especially as Hillary's replacement.)

the worst part about him is that he'll never lose.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jul 13, 2009 -> 09:53 PM)
dude, she's a wise latina. the wisest of the wise latinas. how can you not think she's the best? i hope she wears a f***ing wizard hat and has a owl that floats around her head and s***; show how truly wise and mythical her powers really are.

:lolhitting

Pure gold. Someone needs to photoshop a picture of her with that description you gave.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 10:00 AM)

wow

imagine if they did that to a non-Democrat. The MSM would be reporting it 100% of the time for months. "President snubbed! President not respected!"

instead the media continues to merely be the main marketing wing of the Dem party.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)
That's funny on one level, but at the same time it is pretty f***ed up. He still is (unfortunately) the president of our country and should be shown a little more respect than that

agreed. that was messed up on the Russians part

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 11:38 AM)
That's funny on one level, but at the same time it is pretty f***ed up. He still is (unfortunately) the president of our country and should be shown a little more respect than that

He isn't the president of their country and if they don't want to shake his hand they don't. If Obama extended his hand out to me for a handshake, no way I'm shaking his hand. I respect the office, but I don't respect Barry one bit.

For that matter, I wouldn't shake Bush's or Clinton's hand as well, along with a numerous amount of other politicians.

Edited by BearSox

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 11:32 AM)
wow

imagine if they did that to a non-Democrat. The MSM would be reporting it 100% of the time for months. "President snubbed! President not respected!"

instead the media continues to merely be the main marketing wing of the Dem party.

Wait a minute, isn't Barry over in Russia curing cancer, uniting people, and making the world a better place?

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 11:48 AM)
I'd rather be dead then be a politician.

LOL

Just curious, how do you react to people who say the same thing about cops? I mean, there are some lousy cops out there, so they must all be scumbags not worthy of our respect, right?

Let me know when you've actually met, talked with, or gotten to know any politicians. You'll quickly find that, as with any other group of people, there are good ones and bad ones and a whole lot of in between.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 11:45 AM)
He isn't the president of their country and if they don't want to shake his hand they don't. If Obama extended his hand out to me for a handshake, no way I'm shaking his hand. I respect the office, but I don't respect Barry one bit.

For that matter, I wouldn't shake Bush's or Clinton's hand as well, along with a numerous amount of other politicians.

What is the point of respecting the office if you don't respect the person holding it? This is so over the top its ridiculous. None of those three Presidents have killed any babies or the like. You make it sound like they are all worthless human beings, which is absurd.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 12:02 PM)
LOL

Just curious, how do you react to people who say the same thing about cops? I mean, there are some lousy cops out there, so they must all be scumbags not worthy of our respect, right?

Let me know when you've actually met, talked with, or gotten to know any politicians. You'll quickly find that, as with any other group of people, there are good ones and bad ones and a whole lot of in between.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing to be a politician, but it's not for me. There's way too much corruption, hypocrisy, etc. for me. I know one state rep in IL, and he's a good guy. But I'd rather stay out of it completely.

Same thing goes for lawyers. I'd rather be dead than be a defense attorney. You got your Perry Mason's, but then you got your overload of slimeballs.

As for cops, it's different, IMO. Most cops are regular, blue collar people. You got your scumbag cops who are a disgrace to the force, but with my experience cops (keep in my mind I have family in the force and have met a lot of officers), most of them want to do a good job and get home safely to their family.

In either case, you need all 3 groups I listed, no matter what you think of them. I'd just prefer not to be a politician (or defensive attorney for that matter).

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 12:10 PM)
I'm not saying it's a bad thing to be a politician, but it's not for me. There's way too much corruption, hypocrisy, etc. for me. I know one state rep in IL, and he's a good guy. But I'd rather stay out of it completely.

Same thing goes for lawyers. I'd rather be dead than be a defense attorney. You got your Perry Mason's, but then you got your overload of slimeballs.

As for cops, it's different, IMO. Most cops are regular, blue collar people. You got your scumbag cops who are a disgrace to the force, but with my experience cops (keep in my mind I have family in the force and have met a lot of officers), most of them want to do a good job and get home safely to their family.

In either case, you need all 3 groups I listed, no matter what you think of them. I'd just prefer not to be a politician (or defensive attorney for that matter).

You say its not a bad thing, but that you'd rather be dead than be one? Do you not see how absurd that sounds?

And I think you're wrong on cops being different. In fact, on the scale of corruption, I'd probably make the list 1. politicians, 2. cops, 3. lawyers, in my experience. But in any case, the point is, indicting entire groups of people that way is choosing ignorance instead of accepting that the world has shades of gray.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 12:04 PM)
What is the point of respecting the office if you don't respect the person holding it? This is so over the top its ridiculous. None of those three Presidents have killed any babies or the like. You make it sound like they are all worthless human beings, which is absurd.

I thought Bush was good up until his final 18 months or so when he completely sold out conservatives. Clinton is a lying adulterer, not an ounce of respect for him.

As for Obama, I can go on and on. And I do believe he has helped the death of a lot of babies so far.

I respect the office as so many great people have held the office in the past.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 11:48 AM)
I'd rather be dead then be a politician.

Eh, not exactly my point. There's more to "politics" than being a politician. Perhaps I should have said "complex social hierarchies" that exist in most aspects of life.

Also, I'd love to hear how Obama has helped kill babies.

QUOTE (BearSox @ Jul 14, 2009 -> 11:45 AM)

Your words are completely contradictory. You can't respect the office and then respect none of the individuals who have been in it in your lifetime.