The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 05:19 PM)
If that's all that happens here, then you're right. Although, it's interesting how willing the leaders of the party (Limbaugh, Boehner, Savage, Beck) have been to go along with the Obama is a Nazi stuff.

Frankly though, I really think I'll be surprised if this ends in just a handful of arrests. You've got the entire party's set of mouthpieces screaming to anyone who will listen that Obama is going to euthanize your parents and he's preparing his own final solution. Literally. And he's going to take away your guns too. How do you react to that?

Rhetorical 'how do I react' or am I supposed to be putting myself in the shoes of an obsessed Obama hater?

There is going to be over the top stuff said by the far reaches of either party out of power. It's just a current political reality. The Dems were completely over the top when Bush was president. Some congressman was screaming about how Bush sends troops to Iraq just to watch them die for his amusement on the house floor. The Dems kind of started this idiotic precedent, now the far right followers are doing the same thing.

Don’t take that as a “it’s ok they did it”. It’s equally bad for both, but nothing new.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 03:33 PM)
Rhetorical 'how do I react' or am I supposed to be putting myself in the shoes of an obsessed Obama hater?

There is going to be over the top stuff said by the far reaches of either party out of power. It's just a current political reality. The Dems were completely over the top when Bush was president. Some congressman was screaming about how Bush sends troops to Iraq just to watch them die for his amusement on the house floor. The Dems kind of started this idiotic precedent, now the far right followers are doing the same thing.

Don’t take that as a “it’s ok they did it”. It’s equally bad for both, but nothing new.

There was totally over the top stuff from the Dems when Bush was in power, even IIRC Durbin broke Godwin's Law on the Floor of the Senate.

Maybe I'm wrong though, but I think somehow this seems different. When Answer rallies pulled together a million anti-war protesters, you really didn't feel like it was going to turn violent. At the RNC in 2004, maybe some of the anarchists turned violent, but it certainly seemed like things stayed under control, with mostly yelling rather than battles in the streets. (A lot of people just standing around got jailed, that probably played in to things too).

Really though there seems to be this current of gun-toting serious anger that is permeating these folks. This non-citizen born in Kenya wants to euthanize your grandmother right after he takes away your guns. I mean, Glenn Beck literally last week took a moment to point out that he's not advocating violence. Usually...you only have to do that if what you're saying can be construed as advocating violence.

Again, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that the current "Right wing rage" ends well.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
There was totally over the top stuff from the Dems when Bush was in power, even IIRC Durbin broke Godwin's Law on the Floor of the Senate.

Maybe I'm wrong though, but I think somehow this seems different. When Answer rallies pulled together a million anti-war protesters, you really didn't feel like it was going to turn violent. At the RNC in 2004, maybe some of the anarchists turned violent, but it certainly seemed like things stayed under control, with mostly yelling rather than battles in the streets. (A lot of people just standing around got jailed, that probably played in to things too).

Really though there seems to be this current of gun-toting serious anger that is permeating these folks. This non-citizen born in Kenya wants to euthanize your grandmother right after he takes away your guns. I mean, Glenn Beck literally last week took a moment to point out that he's not advocating violence. Usually...you only have to do that if what you're saying can be construed as advocating violence.

Again, maybe I'm wrong, but I don't think that the current "Right wing rage" ends well.

meh, I don't see the Beck being any more over the top than Olbermann was. I don't see the fringe on the right saying anything more outrageous than was said by the fringe left over the years. "caused the 9-11 attacks" "is as bad as Hitler" "created the aids virus"... some serious rage and paranoia there. That stuff actually set the precedent for what’s going on now IMO.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 7, 2009 -> 05:39 PM)
Really though there seems to be this current of gun-toting serious anger that is permeating these folks.

Really? Republican protests are wussie compared to the many that the various factions of the Democratic party follwers put out. Do you have any evidence of guns being involved, or are you just throwing that phrase out there to gin up some controversy? I find it odd that several liberal groups have called tea parties and such 'political terrorism', but have no problems with Black Panther members hanging outside polling places with weapons. That's just 'activism'.

Really? Republican protests are wussie compared to the many that the various factions of the Democratic party follwers put out. Do you have any evidence of guns being involved, or are you just throwing that phrase out there to gin up some controversy? I find it odd that several liberal groups have called tea parties and such 'political terrorism', but have no problems with Black Panther members hanging outside polling places with weapons. That's just 'activism'.

A variety of similar messages have been posted on people's twitter feeds over the last couple days. A Democrat in (IIRC) Virginia canceled his town hall after receiving death threats.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 8, 2009 -> 08:02 PM)

A variety of similar messages have been posted on people's twitter feeds over the last couple days. A Democrat in (IIRC) Virginia canceled his town hall after receiving death threats.

The SEIU at its finest...

http://gatewaypundit.blogspot.com/2009/08/...t-democrat.html

I wouldn't put it past Andy Stern and SEIu to make the calls themselves.

EXCERPTED FROM Chapter 7, “SEIU: Look for the union label,” Culture of Corruption

“The persuasion of power”

Asked about his organizing philosophy, Andy Stern summed it up this way: “[W]e prefer to use the power of persuasion, but if that doesn’t work we use the persuasion of power.”

I wonder just what he means by that? Hmmmm.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 09:18 AM)
I wouldn't put it past Andy Stern and SEIu to make the calls themselves.

They would definitely do something like that. They got busted attacking people; all recorded for everyone to see... what to do? of course, try and make your organization look like the victim. pathetic SEIU tactics.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 11:05 AM)
They would definitely do something like that. They got busted attacking people; all recorded for everyone to see... what to do? of course, try and make your organization look like the victim. pathetic SEIU tactics.

They perfected this crap over the better part of the 20th century during their strikes. Heck they were pulling the same violence and vandalism here in my hometown because the Olive Garden that was being built brought in their own union work crews instead of local union work crews.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 06:51 AM)

And I don't think anything could possibly make my point better than that confrontation.

Kenneth Gladney sat in a wheelchair on Pershing Avenue Saturday, his knee bandaged, holding a flag that read: "Don't Tread on Me."

Gladney, 38, was handing out the same flags after a town hall forum in Mehlville Thursday night, when, he says, he was attacked by members of the Service Employees International Union.

Less than 48 hours later, protesters gathered Saturday in front of the union's offices, many of them holding signs with a slightly different version of the message: "Don't Tread on Kenny."

Mild-spoken, bespectacled and politically conservative, Gladney, of St. Louis, now finds himself part of an escalating national debate on health care reform.

Gladney did not address Saturday's crowd of about 200 people. His attorney, David Brown, however, read a prepared statement Gladney wrote. "A few nights ago there was an assault on my liberty, and on yours, too." Brown read. "This should never happen in this country."

Supporters cheered. Brown finished by telling the crowd that Gladney is accepting donations toward his medical expenses. Gladney told reporters he was recently laid off and has no health insurance.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 02:57 PM)
Point being that if you don't health insurance be prepared to be punched in the face, knocked to the ground, and kicked repeatedly by SEIU goons. got it.

No...point being that the current system screws even the people who think the government is the worst thing eva.

You can beat the crap out of me if it gets me a universal health care system.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 04:59 PM)
No...point being that the current system screws even the people who think the government is the worst thing eva.

You can beat the crap out of me if it gets me a universal health care system.

I support some type of public option.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 04:57 PM)
Point being that if you don't health insurance be prepared to be punched in the face, knocked to the ground, and kicked repeatedly by SEIU goons. got it.

And then get blamed for not supporting health care...

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 05:06 PM)
And like we've said repeatedly, thinking that it's only those evil unioners driving violence here is just a joke.

the SEIU are the only ones using violence to get what they want.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 05:21 PM)
:lolhitting

And I'm sure that smiley is using more violence than the teabaggers too.

You're in total denial. The evidence is overwhelming. You just can't admit that the ‘tea party' activists are merely being loud and annoying. The SEIU have been captured on tape repeatedly using violence to silence dissent.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 03:40 PM)
You're in total denial. The evidence is overwhelming. You just can't admit that the ‘tea party' activists are merely being loud and annoying. The SEIU have been captured on tape repeatedly using violence to silence dissent.

And so have your folks.

(Seriously...I usually don't like the "They Said/We said variety of the "Who started it first" game that we're playing here. But seriously, I'm more than willing to say that people from both sides have gone over the line. Your response is "our side is completely innocent and it's all those evil union-doers!". It's just so ridiculous I can't help firing back).

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 05:42 PM)
Your response is "our side is completely innocent and it's all those evil union-doers!".

I've stated repeatedly a bunch of the tea party guys are loud, disruptive, and annoying. But so far they've managed to refrain from attacking people.

Edited by mr_genius