The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 05:47 PM)
I've stated repeatedly the tea party guys are loud, disruptive, and annoying. But so far they've managed to refrain from attacking people.

There was no violence at the Tea Party I spoke at, then again there were no healthers there either.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 03:47 PM)
I've stated repeatedly a bunch of the tea party guys are loud, disruptive, and annoying. But so far they've managed to refrain from attacking people.

Except they haven't. Hell, I can even provide video of your guys beating up a guy in a union shirt. Happens to also show the guy without health insurance falling down. The first guy you see on the ground getting walked on here is in a union shirt. The guy you see trip at about :07 and then stand right back up seems to be the guy who's claiming he was piled on by union members and is asking for contributions to his health care fund.

At least in this case, the guy in the SEIU shirt took more punishment than the Gladney guy.

Naturally...doesn't mean that the union guys didn't start it. The video only starts at a certain point. But seriously, this is just a joke on your part.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 9, 2009 -> 06:02 PM)
I support some type of public option.

This actually puts you in line with Obama (his real plan, not the evil paranoia of a government takeover that will kill old people and retarded babies and set up abortion clinics inside junior high schools).

Union thugs can assault a black anti-Obama healthcare protester, do not know if he is an ®, and not a word of it in MSM. Somehow, if it were a black Dem. anti-NRA protester assaluted by an NRA member, it would be all over with Sharpton and Jackson plastered on the boob tube.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 07:38 PM)
New report from the right-wing CATO institute finds there's about a $180 billion benefit to the economy over 10 years to some form of legalization of illegal immigrants, while conversely there's an $80 billion or so cost for doing nothing.

The CATO institute is pro-Immigration at all levels. They are total free traders, no borders, no regulation. They basically support anarchy.

haha

Dear Mr. President, Senate and House of Representatives:

I'm planning to move my family and extended family (18-20 mouths) into Mexico for my health, and I would like to ask you to assist me.

We're planning to simply walk across the border from the U.S. into Mexico , and we'll need your help to make a few arrangements.

We plan to skip all the legal stuff like visas, passports, immigration quotas and laws. I'm sure they handle those things the same way you do here.

I will be expecting the following:

1. Free medical care for my entire family.

2. English-speaking government bureaucrats for all services I might need, whether I use them or not.

3. All Mexico government forms need to also be printed in English.

4. I want my kids to be taught Spanish by English-speaking (bi-lingual) teachers.

5. Schools need to include classes on American culture and history.

6. I want my kids to see the American flag on one of the flag poles at their school.

7. Please plan to feed my kids at school for both breakfast and lunch.

8. I will need a local Mexican driver's license so I can get easy access to government services.

9. I do plan to get a car and drive in Mexico, but, I don't plan to purchase car insurance, and I probably won't make any special effort to learn local traffic laws.

10. In case one of the Mexican police officers does not get the memo from their president to leave me alone, please be sure that every patrol car has at least one English-speaking officer.

11. I plan to fly the U.S. flag from my house top, put U S. flag decals on my car, and have a gigantic celebration on July 4th. I do not want any complaints or negative comments from the locals.

12. I would also like to have a nice job without paying any taxes, or have any labor or tax laws enforced on any business I may start.

13. Please have the president tell all the Mexican people to be extremely nice and never say a critical things about me or my family, or about the strain we might place on their economy.

I know this is an easy request because you already do all these things for all his people who come to the U.S. from Mexico .

I am sure that President Calderon won't mind returning the favor if you ask him nicely.

Thank you so much for your kind help,

Sincerely, US Citizen

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 07:48 PM)
Doesn't mean they're wrong.

They are wrong. A decade ago they predicted that mass outsourcing and increased immigration would have lead to massive job creation. At the end of decade we have actually had negative job growth. They also support removing a whole lot of labor laws; definitely no minimum wage or government regulated safe working conditions. The CATO institute is wrong way more than they are correct.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 05:53 PM)
They are wrong. A decade ago they predicted that mass outsourcing and increased immigration would have lead to massive job creation. At the end of decade we have actually had negative job growth. They also support removing a whole lot of labor laws; definitely no minimum wage or government regulated safe working conditions. The CATO institute is wrong way more than they are correct.

I'm not disagreeing that they're wrong more than they're correct. But you're not arguing against their point or doing anything to demonstrate at all to me why they're incorrect. You're just making ad hominem attacks.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 07:56 PM)
I'm not disagreeing that they're wrong more than they're correct. But you're not arguing against their point or doing anything to demonstrate at all to me why they're incorrect. You're just making ad hominem attacks.

No, they are wrong, just like when they suggest that immigration would have created jobs a decade ago. They are junk economists. California would be rolling in money if CATO was correct.

If Sarah Palin came up with some bulls*** theory on why Gaussian matrices never work to solve a system of linear equations I wouldn't go into some long set of reasoning to prove her wrong. Waste of time.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 15, 2009 -> 07:38 PM)
New report from the right-wing CATO institute finds there's about a $180 billion benefit to the economy over 10 years to some form of legalization of illegal immigrants, while conversely there's an $80 billion or so cost for doing nothing.

Just wondering if you have ever referred to the Southern Poverty Law center as the left-wing Southern Poverty Law center, or if you only feel it necessary to point out any rightward tilt?

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 01:11 AM)
Just wondering if you have ever referred to the Southern Poverty Law center as the left-wing Southern Poverty Law center, or if you only feel it necessary to point out any rightward tilt?

speaking of ad hominem attacks...

QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 10:00 AM)
How is that an "attack"? Balta said that because he's obviously a liberal and he posted something from a well-known libertarian study group that he probably agrees with.

^ this. When I come in this thread and post something that I think might be interesting, I flag where the source is because otherwise people won't pay attention. I post stuff from Fox News in here the same way: I flag where it's from so that you folks might actually see whether there's anything interesting in it.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 04:09 PM)
^ this. When I come in this thread and post something that I think might be interesting, I flag where the source is because otherwise people won't pay attention. I post stuff from Fox News in here the same way: I flag where it's from so that you folks might actually see whether there's anything interesting in it.

Alpha took what you did the complete other way. Most of us knew what you were trying to say.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 04:09 PM)

Complete with labels... Yeah, that makes it much different than Fox.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 16, 2009 -> 07:15 PM)
Alpha took what you did the complete other way. Most of us knew what you were trying to say.

I knew just what he was saying, just wanted to know why the need to label them, and wanted to know if he was consistent in his labeling when referring to left wing sites and/or groups?