The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 11:24 AM)
Let’s play a game it’s called imagine if Bush tried this: Bill would give president emergency control of Internet“The new version would allow the president to "declare a cybersecurity emergency" relating to "non-governmental" computer networks and do what's necessary to respond to the threat. Other sections of the proposal include a federal certification program for "cybersecurity professionals," and a requirement that certain computer systems and networks in the private sector be managed by people who have been awarded that license” http://news.cnet.com/8301-13578_3-10320096-38.html

Its not really a loss of a freedom, as we have only one internet to choose from anyway. This will give us true choice!

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Charlie Rangel recently tried to call the CEO's of insurance companies to the mat by demanding they answer all sorts of questions about their compensation and expenditures. You know he is looking for anything he canuse to start a formal investigation into those eeeevil insurance CEO's. Maybe he should get his own financial house in order first?

http://rpc.blogrolling.com/redirect.php?r=...blogspot.com%2F

WASHINGTON -- Rep. Charles Rangel failed to report as much as $1.3 million in outside income -- including up to $1 million for a Harlem building sale -- on financial-disclosure forms he filed between 2002 and 2006, according to newly amended records.

And this gem

In 2004, for instance, Rangel reported earning between $4,000 and $10,000 in outside earnings on top of his $158,100 congressional salary.

But the amended filings show that after the sale of a property on West 132nd Street, his outside income that year was somewhere between $118,000 and $1.04 million.

If the public would care, it seems financial disclosure and paying taxes woulod be the Democrats version of sex scandals. But I bet this gets swept under the rug, or just outright dropped just like the Richardson stuff, or the Black Panter voting stuff.

Oh, and just another tweak here, they don't mention that he is a Democrat until over halfway thru the article, and even then they do it in a roundabout way.

Rangel's office insists the Harlem Democrat did not conceal any outside income from the IRS and is paid up on his taxes.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 02:52 PM)
Rangel is one of the sleaziest national politicians we have. That and Barney's(sssppbbth) Frank.

I don't like Frank at all, but I wouldn't put him into the Rangel sleaze category, at least not yet. I haven't seen any outward lawbreaking done by Frank. He's a two face who talks out of both sides of his mouth for sure, but I haven't see a criminal side, at least that I know of.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 03:02 PM)
I don't like Frank at all, but I wouldn't put him into the Rangel sleaze category, at least not yet. I haven't seen any outward lawbreaking done by Frank. He's a two face who talks out of both sides of his mouth for sure, but I haven't see a criminal side, at least that I know of.

I guess that's true. I think I just wanted to say Barney's(pppbth) Frank. :lol:

Although I think if you were to trace his funding, he's right up there on the sleaze factor - but they all are, so that's no different.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
I guess that's true. I think I just wanted to say Barney's(pppbth) Frank. :lol:

Although I think if you were to trace his funding, he's right up there on the sleaze factor - but they all are, so that's no different.

Well, you did have that prostitution ring operationg out of his house, and he was a major player in the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac stuff, yet nothing ever came of that because his party is in power. There has to be more there....

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 03:29 PM)
Well, you did have that prostitution ring operationg out of his house, and he was a major player in the Fannie Mae/Freddie Mac stuff, yet nothing ever came of that because his party is in power. There has to be more there....

wut?

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-tal...0,7010404.story

President Barack Obama's approval rating: Down to 50 percent, according to latest Gallup Poll

Gallup: Job approval down to 50%

WASHINGTON -- President Barack Obama, who enjoyed a 69 percent approval rating following his inauguration, has fallen to 50 percent approval in the latest Gallup Poll.

Obama has reached his own personal low more quickly than most of his predecessors, according to Gallup, which has tracked presidential approval since the Harry Truman administration.

Slipping below 50 percent before November of the first year in office would represent the third-fastest drop since World War II, Gallup reports. Republican Gerald Ford did it in his third month, Democrat Bill Clinton in his fourth.

But it's also not necessarily an irreversible trend -- Clinton went on to easily win re-election.

The latest Gallup findings come from surveys of about 1,500 adults conducted from Tuesday through Thursday with a possible margin of error of plus or minus three percentage points.

Aides to the president say he is not fixated on polling data. "It's real easy to stay popular in Washington if you don't do anything," spokesman Bill Burton said.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 03:38 PM)
wut?

Barney Frank had a gay prostitution ring headquartered in his home. They're not making this up. But Barney wasn't personally running it, some guy that lived with him was.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 05:24 PM)
Wow, somehow I missed that little soap opera.

Some manwhore he was shacking up with, whom he admitted to paying for sex in the past, was inviting others over when barney wasn't around for the same dead. Barney claimed no knowledge of it and ogt off with a slap on the wrist.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 28, 2009 -> 04:29 PM)

He totally did have the prostitution ring in his brother's house. He did almost go to jail and lose his seat, I believe when that came out in the 80s but didn't. Don't get me wrong, I think Barney Frank is a good Congressman. I would vote for him in most circumstances, but I hate that guy so much. I never want to meet him again.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 01:34 PM)
Obama is dropping fast in the polls

http://www.gallup.com/poll/122513/Presiden...ing-Varies.aspx

at 50% in gallup

It's going to be interesting to see the immigration reform battle.

Just stop health care. Then let the battle begin for immigration. But really, one is tied to the other because immigrants are guaranteed health care with the current proposal (HB 3200). If they pass health care, immigration is easy. If they don't, it's not.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 04:47 PM)
Just stop health care. Then let the battle begin for immigration. But really, one is tied to the other because immigrants are guaranteed health care with the current proposal (HB 3200). If they pass health care, immigration is easy. If they don't, it's not.

Source please.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 07:23 PM)
Source please.

It's in my own little fairy tale world. It's misinformation. It's a lie. It's something that you need to turn me into the White House for - you know - the hotline for turning people in for lying about health care s***.

rolly.gif

I'm sure that this link is somehow BS, right?

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseC...83496&EDATE

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 08:01 PM)
It's in my own little fairy tale world. It's misinformation. It's a lie. It's something that you need to turn me into the White House for - you know - the hotline for turning people in for lying about health care s***.

rolly.gif

I'm sure that this link is somehow BS, right?

http://news.prnewswire.com/DisplayReleaseC...83496&EDATE

Please indicate for me where in that article it supports your contention that they're guaranteed health care insurance.

eta: but, yeah, out of typical character, you've been falling for the GOP BS talking points hook-line-and-sinker on this one. You've made a lot of dubious or flat-out wrong statements.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Aug 30, 2009 -> 08:35 PM)
Please indicate for me where in that article it supports your contention that they're guaranteed health care insurance.

Show me in the entire bill where EVERYONE is "guaranteed" health insurance. You're picking nits on purpose. If you can drive a semi through this bill, they will.

Or,

Show me where it's required to be a citizen to be "guaranteed health care insurance". It should be. And it's not.

Just saw your edit. For crying out loud, this is CONGRESS's own revelation that illegals can get coverage under this. And spare me the "guaranteed" bulls***. That's a smokescreen and a misnomer and you know it.

1) No one's guaranteed health insurance. I'm not making an affirmative claim here, so the burden of proof is squarely on you.

2) The article you linked to says that the bill allows illegals to participate in the Health Care Exchange, meaning they can buy health insurance, including the public option. It does not indicate any sort of mandate or guaranteed coverage.