• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Gregory Pratt @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 08:44 AM)
I'm not sure how anyone can ever take Andrew Breitbart seriously again. I'm not sure why anyone would take him seriously in the first place.

How do you justify the audience affirming very audibly her comments about first refraining from helping the farmer? Are they racist? Just asking...

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Jul 22, 2010 -> 11:47 AM)
How do you justify the audience affirming very audibly her comments about first refraining from helping the farmer? Are they racist? Just asking...

Well, the video totally disagrees with you, if you allow the originally edited setup of the story in. The audience started repeating "all right, all right" a couple of times from the moment she set the story up

[16:34] SHERROD: God is good. I can tell you that. When I made that commitment, I was making that commitment to black people -- and to black people only. But you know God will show you things and he'll put things in your path so that you realize that the struggle is really about poor people --

AUDIENCE: All right. All right.

SHERROD: -- you know. The first time I was faced with having to help a white farmer save his farm. He took a long time talking but he was trying to show me he was superior to me -- I knew what he was doing.

AUDIENCE: All right.

The part in bold is the part in the original edited clip. They were approving of the story in the exact same way that they were approving of the earlier setup. Go watch the clip.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 11:48 AM)
media blackout on the story. haven't even seen it mentioned on ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN.

Funny if you look up Rangel on Google News you get 1600 hits including stories on MSNBC, NPR, ABC News, CBS News, and if you look at CNN's Politics page, its the third video listed which isn't bad for a four day old story.

But total blackout, so true.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 02:30 PM)
Funny if you look up Rangel on Google News you get 1600 hits including stories on MSNBC, NPR, ABC News, CBS News, and if you look at CNN's Politics page, its the third video listed which isn't bad for a four day old story.

But total blackout, so true.

You are ignorant how the google search engine works. For example, 'Wonder Woman' gets 5,895 hits on google news. It does not show a priority of news coverage.

There is a complete blackout on the network news. The story about that lady that got fired and 'everyone is totally racist' is dominating the Democrat controlled news rooms such as ABC, CNN, CBS, NBC

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 01:21 PM)
Had a couple of articles on it in my newspaper the last couple days.

should be front page. if this was a non-democrat, 24/7 news media frenzy. it was not even mentioned on a single news show this morning.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 03:19 PM)
So wait, it wasn't covered on Fox?

i watched NBC's "Meet the Press" and ABC's "This Week." No mention of it.

I saw a little bit of FOX, but it was Howard Dean and Newt Gingrich arguing about tax cuts for the wealthy, and of course, Dean condemning the evil racist tea party

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jul 25, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
i watched NBC's "Meet the Press" and ABC's "This Week." No mention of it.

This is a short but extant blurb from today's MTP transcript. It's at least a "Mention".

MR. GREGORY: Let, let me get your thoughts about fiscal responsibility, but save me 30 seconds to talk about Charlie Rangel, OK?

MR. BROOKS: Oh I--Warren Buffet pays cap gains rates, which they're not going to raise. They're raising the rates as income tax rates. That doesn't matter. Listen, my view of the--of fiscal policy and the economy is just not that strong. We've learned you can pump a lot of the money, you're not going to get short-term buzz. You should think long-term. What can we do long-term to get fair taxes, simple taxes, structure and innovation? So I, I think the idea we're going to fix the economy or fiscal policy in the next six months or a year, it's fallacious.

MR. GREGORY: Marc Morial, can, can Charlie Rangel survive the ethics trouble he's in?

MR. MORIAL: Last time I walked through the streets of Harlem, Charlie Rangel still has incredible support, and I think what this week tells us is, let's not pre-judge Charlie Rangel. Charlie Rangel has a right to be heard, and I think we need to hear his side of the story. He's a great congressman, he's a great American.

MR. GREGORY: But, Anita Dunn, the last thing Democrats want right now is a full airing of ethics charges against one of their members when Congress rates it about 11 percent approval.

MS. DUNN: You're arguing it could go lower? No, here, I, I think that we have to think about what Marc Morial just said because the reality is we should listen to him in context before we judge.

MR. GREGORY: All right, we're going to leave it there. Thank you all. Pretty spirited discussion. We will be right back.

Your mistake here is associating anti-Semitism with ideology.

anyway what's a "free pass" really? Would you say Mel Gibson is getting a free pass right now? For more or less the same thing.

Edited by lostfan

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jul 26, 2010 -> 09:30 PM)
Your mistake here is associating anti-Semitism with ideology.

anyway what's a "free pass" really? Would you say Mel Gibson is getting a free pass right now? For more or less the same thing.

So conservative ideology includes racism? Really?

And Mel Gibson isn't getting a pass. He's been all over the news and everyone has an opinion on what he said/did.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 08:22 AM)
So conservative ideology includes racism? Really?

And Mel Gibson isn't getting a pass. He's been all over the news and everyone has an opinion on what he said/did.

The stuff he said about " jews controling the media" was incredibly stupid. I don't remember him saying that Hitler and Stalin were "good". You wanna talk about a free pass, that Henry Ford sure did get off easy.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 08:42 AM)
The stuff he said about " jews controling the media" was incredibly stupid. I don't remember him saying that Hitler and Stalin were "good". You wanna talk about a free pass, that Henry Ford sure did get off easy.

He's downplaying the evil of both men. He damn near claims that it wasn't Hitler's fault that he did the things he did, it was America/Britian that created the monster.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 08:46 AM)
He's downplaying the evil of both men. He damn near claims that it wasn't Hitler's fault that he did the things he did, it was America/Britian that created the monster.

He was saying that Hitler besides killing millions of jews also had killed millions of Russians killed. Which is something that gets overlooked.

Also alot American and British industrialists did support Hitler and other fascists of the time. Hitler, Franco and Mussolini were responsible for there actions, but you can't deny who helped them.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 10:03 AM)
He was saying that Hitler besides killing millions of jews also had killed millions of Russians killed. Which is something that gets overlooked.

Also alot American and British industrialists did support Hitler and other fascists of the time. Hitler, Franco and Mussolini were responsible for there actions, but you can't deny who helped them.

Oh ok. That makes it better then.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 10:30 AM)
Makes what better?

Just because he "killed more Russians" has no relevance. (But by the way, when you are at war with a country, that does tend to happen). There's just no reason to bring it up. It's almost as if he's using that to justify his belief that the Holocaust is overblown.

It could be that he has a gripe that other atrocities get ignored and so much attention is paid to the Jewish holocaust, not that he doesn't think the holocaust is significant. Even the gypsies, gays, disabled etc. that were victims of the same thing only get mentioned in passing. Or it could just be another Hollywood douche, idk. edit: seems like he's just on an anti-US/Israel rant. This is not shocking because Stone is a douche.

What's Oliver Stone's party/ news network? I'm not seeing jenks' point here. Also, as noted, Stone didn't say Hitler or Stalin were good there, that was a Breitbart jenks fabrication.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 27, 2010 -> 11:54 AM)
It could be that he has a gripe that other atrocities get ignored and so much attention is paid to the Jewish holocaust, not that he doesn't think the holocaust is significant. Even the gypsies, gays, disabled etc. that were victims of the same thing only get mentioned in passing. Or it could just be another Hollywood douche, idk. edit: seems like he's just on an anti-US/Israel rant. This is not shocking because Stone is a douche.

What's Oliver Stone's party/ news network? I'm not seeing jenks' point here. Also, as noted, Stone didn't say Hitler or Stalin were good there, that was a Breitbart jenks fabrication.

A bit of hyperbole. He's saying that Hitler and Stalin weren't as bad as we are told and that they're unfairly portrayed in the Jewish led media. He admits Hitler's a Frankenstein, but wants us to understand (sympathize?) that he apparently was created by the evil Allies. It's a ridiculous statement to make and it's getting next to no coverage out there. Again, let's use the common sense test - imagine the reaction if a major conservative said it. You have Howard Dean calling Fox News racist (based on nothing), and you guys cry fowl over some tea party guy dodging the media, but no reactions to this?

And while there are other modern genocides (Africa), I dunno that anything can really compare to the Holocaust. It deals with the western world, so that accounts for the difference in coverage, and it was done in a disgustingly systematic way (i.e. rail lines straight to gas chambers instead of invading villages with machine guns).

Edited by Jenksismybitch

You blasted Democrats, you're only criticizing Mel Gibson because you hate people of faith!

Anyway...you're completely correct about the Holocaust being a unique event and everything he said being horrific. I'm just missing the connection about why I need to hear more about it. This isn't the first time Mel Gibson's gone on an anti-semetic, holocaust denying rant, and frankly it probably won't be the last. The people who care about such things long ago tossed Mel Gibson out the window as a bigoted, horrible man.