The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 01:00 PM)
So, could this be sort of classified as trying to steal an election?

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article...ate=fullarticle

But I thought the Tea Party was a non-partisan movement in favor of certain values, not an explicit arm of the Republican party.

Anywho, if they lied/forged information to get onto the ballot, yeah, throw them in jail.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 01:00 PM)

Ish. But it happens way more often than people realize. Third party spoiler candidates are often encouraged by candidates who stand to benefit.

It's unethical to be sure. But its no more stealing an election than getting someone knocked off a ballot because typesetting and formatting errors on a ballott application.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 12:00 PM)

It's dishonest and shouldn't be allowed. It breaks our political system and not in a good way.

But I'm reminded of the ® talking heads telling conservatives to go vote in the (D) primaries in 2008.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 12:09 PM)
I support civil unions that give gay couples equal legal rights and privileges as married couples. I guess that makes me a bigot.

"Separate but equal" has never been equal. It simply doesn't work. It's been tried, and it's failed.

Wanting to deprive some citizens civil rights based on sexual orientation is bigoted. There really isn't any way around that.

What about a gay person that is against gay marriage? Would they also be considered a bigot?

Sure. Self-loathing minorities aren't a new phenomenon. When a large part of society brays on and on and on that there's something wrong with them, some buy into it.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 09:01 AM)

agree 100%.

Also, it absolutely cracks me up when liberals calls conservatives bigots for their beliefs. Look in the mirror.

Definition of "bigot" from Merriam-Webster:

person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices; especially : one who regards or treats the members of a group (as a racial or ethnic group) with hatred and intolerance

Yip, lots of bigots in here.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 01:22 PM)
Also, it absolutely cracks me up when liberals calls conservatives bigots for their beliefs. Look in the mirror.

You make no sense.

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 01:09 PM)
I support civil unions that give gay couples equal legal rights and privileges as married couples. I guess that makes me a bigot.

What about a gay person that is against gay marriage? Would they also be considered a bigot?

The only way that is possible is to change the definition of marriage federally. Because "marriage" and civil unions are two completely separate things.

And beyond that, if its just the word marriage that you oppose, which is what you hint to oppose, I fail to see that argument make any sense to me. If the two things are defined exactly the same way, aren't they then just the same thing?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 01:22 PM)
agree 100%.

That definition fits quite nicely on many christian coalition types. Probably not anyone here though.

http://www.compassdirect.org/english/country/pakistan/24955/

No doubt they mean this to be a gesture of interfaith harmony and respect for the Christian community at large. Maybe they will even add a pool and call it a community center?

SARGODHA, Pakistan, September 1 (CDN) — Muslims led by a hard-line cleric on Friday (Aug. 27) resumed building on a Christian cemetery in Mandi Bhawaldin, desecrating more graves in spite of a local government order to halt construction, according to

But they are a religion pf peace, don't foget.

“They threatened that in case Christians protested against the resumption of construction they would also carry out a protest rally against Christians, and Muslim clerics said Christians would be responsible for the consequences,” Gill said

Translation: piss us off and when we kill you, it will be YOUR fault.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 2, 2010 -> 06:52 PM)
I know you don't understand.

I can sum up what Balta says in three words. Easy enough.

You see, it's pretty predictable what the left likes to play every time they're in trouble. Race, race, and race. And an occasional utopian we will make it better for everyone bulls***, which simply is not true.

What exactly is there TO understand? Nothing, because you dont add anything to the discussion. Instead, you make stupid little comments that only make you look worse (coming from a person who really does have alot of conservative beliefs) and just makes you look like an asshole. If that is what you want, if that is what you want us to "understand," then you did a great job of that.

If you genuinely believe in another idea, why dont you speak up intelligently about it? Is that really to hard for you to do (and I dont mean intelligence wise, but ego wise)?

And really, is it that bad for people to try and better themselves or their country? Even if you dont agree with it, atleast acknowledge that they are trying something besides typing 3 word responses.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 04:22 PM)
http://www.compassdirect.org/english/country/pakistan/24955/

No doubt they mean this to be a gesture of interfaith harmony and respect for the Christian community at large. Maybe they will even add a pool and call it a community center?

But they are a religion pf peace, don't foget.

Translation: piss us off and when we kill you, it will be YOUR fault.

Violence is going to go back and forth on BOTH sides until something changes (I know, progression is a b****, because the situation we are in is soo good right now). The liberal media of course will show the nonviolent Islamic side, while conservative media will try to show the violence. The problem is, both sides are wrong.

There is violence out there on both sides, there are nutjobs on both sides wanting to hurt and or kill the other side, and there are people on both sides who just want to practice religion in peace.

Unfortunately, until both sides really get to understand each other and why they are so f***ing angry at each other this will go nowhere.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
What exactly is there TO understand? Nothing, because you dont add anything to the discussion. Instead, you make stupid little comments that only make you look worse (coming from a person who really does have alot of conservative beliefs) and just makes you look like an asshole. If that is what you want, if that is what you want us to "understand," then you did a great job of that.

If you genuinely believe in another idea, why dont you speak up intelligently about it? Is that really to hard for you to do (and I dont mean intelligence wise, but ego wise)?

And really, is it that bad for people to try and better themselves or their country? Even if you dont agree with it, atleast acknowledge that they are trying something besides typing 3 word responses.

That's kind of the point. There really isn't a difference between a long winded blog post that all boils down to "Evil, racist f***ers" and just typing the three words. Just because you make it 500 words long, doesn't change the underlying meaning a bit.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 04:34 PM)
That's kind of the point. There really isn't a difference between a long winded blog post that all boils down to "Evil, racist f***ers" and just typing the three words. Just because you make it 500 words long, doesn't change the underlying meaning a bit.

Well if that is all you can add than yea dont drag it out. But why would you even post on here or read people's posts if thats all your going to think or say?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 3, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)
The Republican Party: arguing that we should be no better than Pakistan and Saudi Arabia since 2009.

how dare you compare honorable nations like Pakistan and Saudi Arabia to evil Amerikkka. HOW DARE YOU.

OK, whenever a Republican politician or activist is caught in some kind of sex scandal, or gets divorced, etc., the left and the media (I know, the same thing) make a big deal out of it since part of the republican party wants to be the 'moral' party. Shouldn't the equivilent for the Dems be taxes and related items? It always seems like Dems or their supporters are getting busted for not paying taxes, or following reporting rules, etc., even while they agitate for higher taxes and more rules on everyone else. I found this story funny.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/al_net_...NnBRAZagK0TgvwN

An accounting firm hired by Al Sharpton's National Action Network found the civil-rights group in such financial disarray that it flunked its record-keeping -- and may not even survive, The Post has learned.

The scathing critique was spelled out in a hard-hitting internal audit of NAN's books, a copy of which was obtained by The Post.

"The organization has suffered recurring decreases in net assets -- and has been dependent upon advances from related parties and the nonpayment of payroll tax obligations -- to maintain continuity," the firm KBL concluded in an April 2 audit of NAN's 2008 financial records, the most recent available.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 12:28 PM)
OK, whenever a Republican politician or activist is caught in some kind of sex scandal, or gets divorced, etc., the left and the media (I know, the same thing) make a big deal out of it since part of the republican party wants to be the 'moral' party. Shouldn't the equivilent for the Dems be taxes and related items? It always seems like Dems or their supporters are getting busted for not paying taxes, or following reporting rules, etc., even while they agitate for higher taxes and more rules on everyone else. I found this story funny.

Racist!

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 01:28 PM)

I am extremely happy to disown Sharpton and the NAN from the movement I believe in. He is the political equivalent of an ambulance chaser and has been for decades. Frankly, I'm happy to disown any politician who starred in their own reality tv series.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 02:43 PM)
I am extremely happy to disown Sharpton and the NAN from the movement I believe in. He is the political equivalent of an ambulance chaser and has been for decades. Frankly, I'm happy to disown any politician who starred in their own reality tv series.

How about all the other Democrats that like to skip out on thier taxes? Like half of Obama's appointees? I agree with you on Al. He and Jessie are just race hustlers, whose interest is not in fixing things, but getting their piece of the pie.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 7, 2010 -> 04:01 PM)
How about all the other Democrats that like to skip out on thier taxes? Like half of Obama's appointees? I agree with you on Al. He and Jessie are just race hustlers, whose interest is not in fixing things, but getting their piece of the pie.

I'm no Jesse Jackson fan, but I don't think him and Al Sharpton should ever be painted with the same brush.