• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Controlled Chaos @ Oct 25, 2010 -> 08:27 PM)
This is just part 2 of a 6 part series. I recommend watching all of em.

I knew I wasn't going to agree with this, but I watched anyway. I just don't agree with the libertarian philosophy.

http://www.newbernsj.com/articles/machine-...reen-voter.html

Sam Laughinghouse of New Bern said he pushed the button to vote Republican in all races, but the voting machine screen displayed a ballot with all Democrats checked. He cleared the screen and tried again with the same result, he said. Then he asked for and received help from election staff.

“They pushed it twice and the same thing happened,” Laughinghouse said. “That was four times in a row. The fifth time they pushed it and the Republicans came up and I voted.”

Holy f**cking s***. We can put a man on the damn moon, but they can't get a voting machine to work right?

They told me if John McCain was elected the government would hire people to keep information away from the public.....

Officials at the Treasury Department’s Office of Financial Stability contracted with a small consulting firm that has given nearly $25,000 to Democratic candidates since 2005 (and no money to Republicans) to hire “Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) Analysts to support the Disclosure Services, Privacy and Treasury Records.” The firm is currently advertising a job opening for a FOIA analyst with experience in the “Use of FOIA/PA exemptions to withhold information from release to the public” (emphasis mine, and if that link goes down, The Examiner has kept a copy for its records).

Sounds like Obama Admin preparing to cover its butt after this midterm election.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/...-105727838.html

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 04:24 PM)

Holy f**cking s***. We can put a man on the damn moon, but they can't get a voting machine to work right?

Like I said in an earlier thread, this needs to be addressed. Plus, even if it shows you the right ones, you don't know what the software is then doing before putting the data onto that cartridge. There needs to be two paper receipts printed from those machines, one for the voter, the other for audit purposes later, and there then needs to be auditing done randomly across machine types and geography, to check electronic accounts versus paper.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 05:27 PM)
Sounds like Obama Admin preparing to cover its butt after this midterm election.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/...-105727838.html

That makes no sense. The FOIA isn't nearly as useful as subpoena power for a party in the majority. The FOIA is much more useful by either the press, outside groups, or even a minority party that can't enforce a subpoena (Henry Waxman was a master at that from 2000-2006).

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 26, 2010 -> 05:24 PM)

Now that I've lived through a couple of these cycles, I have to admit, I find it really amusing to see you making the same point I'd have made in 2002 or 2004.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 27, 2010 -> 07:35 AM)
Now that I've lived through a couple of these cycles, I have to admit, I find it really amusing to see you making the same point I'd have made in 2002 or 2004.

I have discussed the crappy voting machines before this election. And the lack of security on them, etc.

Flipping thru the channels, CNN has Obama talking to votes in Conn. he literally just said "We are funding global Aids, the other side ain't" Now, besides the fact that if the Dems are funding Aids, they should be shut down, wasn't it Bush that donated boatloads of cash to fund global Aids research, NOT Obama? Just askin.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 30, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
Flipping thru the channels, CNN has Obama talking to votes in Conn. he literally just said "We are funding global Aids, the other side ain't" Now, besides the fact that if the Dems are funding Aids, they should be shut down, wasn't it Bush that donated boatloads of cash to fund global Aids research, NOT Obama? Just askin.

Wait, you oppose AIDS drugs for the poor in Africa?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 30, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Oh, ok, now I get what was being said there.

Yes, he said 'we are funding aids', in fact, said that exact phrasing 4 times. That would be on every talkshow monolog come Monday if it were Bush.

In CO the Republican nominee for Gov Dan Maes is currently polling below 10%. So what happens if he fails to garner 10% support?

http://www.denverpost.com/election2010/ci_...9589?source=pkg

If GOP gubernatorial candidate Dan Maes doesn't pull 10 percent of the vote in this year's elections, Republicans will become a minor party.

What does that mean for Republicans, besides a little embarrassment?

The names of Republican candidates won't be on top of the 2012 ballot alongside the Democrats' names, said Secretary of State Bernie Buescher. They will be positioned along with other third-party candidates, the Libertarians and Green Party members and such.

haha

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 2, 2010 -> 07:19 PM)
LOL, says an official within the Maharashtra regional government. I'm sure its very expensive, but that sounds absurdly high to me.

Frankly, I wouldn't doubt it. The security costs have probably exploded in the last decade, and things like the transportation budget (i.e. the air force) was on the order of $100 million/trip a decade ago. Plus overtime costs for the people that must travel with, operating costs for all of the stuff that has to go with the President, and on and on.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 27, 2010 -> 07:15 AM)
Like I said in an earlier thread, this needs to be addressed. Plus, even if it shows you the right ones, you don't know what the software is then doing before putting the data onto that cartridge. There needs to be two paper receipts printed from those machines, one for the voter, the other for audit purposes later, and there then needs to be auditing done randomly across machine types and geography, to check electronic accounts versus paper.

I am against any paper receipt that leaves with the voter. That would be the end to a private ballot.