• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (lostfan @ Jan 30, 2011 -> 07:08 PM)
Yeah, I see where he's going with this, never happening though. I don't care if Dennis Kucinich was elected president.

I think it can happen. The Dems are going to be the only ones holding it up. GOP voters are cleaning house, no more foreign aid or get voted out.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Feb 1, 2011 -> 04:19 PM)
I think it can happen. The Dems are going to be the only ones holding it up. GOP voters are cleaning house, no more foreign aid or get voted out.

Really, you think the Republican Party (especially the religious wing) is going to be willing to leave Israel out to dry?

Give you an example. Right now, presumptive Republican presidential nomination contender Mike Huckabee is in Israel and giving speeches opposing the revolution in Egypt, solely on the grounds that it could damage Israel's security.

Give you another example. John McCain came up with a list of $60 billion in "earmarks" he wanted eliminated int he 2008 election. Rapidly, it was pointed out that under his definition of earmarks, all aid to Israel would be eliminated since Congress specifies where that goes. That was pretty much the last you heard of that list, and we were back onto the more normal $20 billion in earmarks to be eliminated.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 1, 2011 -> 04:05 PM)
Really, you think the Republican Party (especially the religious wing) is going to be willing to leave Israel out to dry?

Give you an example. Right now, presumptive Republican presidential nomination contender Mike Huckabee is in Israel and giving speeches opposing the revolution in Egypt, solely on the grounds that it could damage Israel's security.

Give you another example. John McCain came up with a list of $60 billion in "earmarks" he wanted eliminated int he 2008 election. Rapidly, it was pointed out that under his definition of earmarks, all aid to Israel would be eliminated since Congress specifies where that goes. That was pretty much the last you heard of that list, and we were back onto the more normal $20 billion in earmarks to be eliminated.

I definitely think it could. Huckabee is indeed shilling for Israel right now, but he will change his tune if it starts to damage him. McCain, the GOP pres candidate, faced a primary battle for re-election. Should have been uncontested. GOP voters have already shown they will turn on big spending Republicans. Just a matter of time before the foreign aid issue comes to the front. Now, foreign aid is a small percent of the deficit, but that doesn't matter if the majority of primary voters see it as a big deal. Last time it was health care reform, next time it will be other spending issues. Foreign aid is just so unpopular right now and candidates are going to start using it for leverage to get elected.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Feb 1, 2011 -> 05:15 PM)
I definitely it could. Huckabee is indeed shilling for Israel right now, but he will change his tune if it starts to damage him. McCain, the GOP pres candidate, faced a primary battle for re-election. Should have been uncontested. GOP voters have already shown they will turn on big spending Republicans. Just a matter of time before the foreign aid issue comes to the front. Now, foreign aid is a small percent of the deficit, but that doesn't matter if the majority of primary voters see it as a big deal. Last time it was health care reform, next time it will be other spending issues. Foreign aid is just so unpopular right now and candidates are going to start using it for leverage to get elected.

Ok, on this one, I think we're not going to see common ground, I think the religious "Pro-Israel side" will win, and I'll leave it at that.

Indiana state Treasurer Richard Mourdock confirmed this weekend what has become pretty apparent -- he will run in a primary against Sen. Richard Lugar (R-Ind.).

Mourdock acknowledged his plans in appearances both Friday night and Saturday morning.

The Fix reported earlier Friday that Mourdock would officially launch his campaign Feb. 22.

Link

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Feb 9, 2011 -> 07:18 PM)
he probably wants to get his career as a lobbyist started

?

The guy is a former secretary of the Navy.

If he wanted to be a Lobbyist, he wouldn't have had to serve in the Senate to do it. Hell, serving in the Senate might hurt...you're associated with a political party once you've done that, rather than just "guy who signs the contracts".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 07:47 AM)
serving in the Senate might hurt...you're associated with a political party once you've done that

politicians don't care if they get bribe money from someone who used to be a member of the other party. the main thing to them is that they get bribe money.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 01:24 PM)
politicians don't care if they get bribe money from someone who used to be a member of the other party. the main thing to them is that they get bribe money.

No, but the lobbyists do care whether or not you've ever been a member of or been associated with the party they don't support. The K street project made sure that the lobbyists understood that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 10, 2011 -> 01:58 PM)
No, but the lobbyists do care whether or not you've ever been a member of or been associated with the party they don't support. The K street project made sure that the lobbyists understood that.

no one is following DeLay's K street reform. it was even made illegal. can't interfere with the bribe brocess, brah. that is one thing both parties can agree on.

A two-year grand jury investigation of John Edwards has reached a decisive point. Prosecutors believe they have a strong case, but have not yet gotten a green light from the Justice Department to charge the former presidential candidate, NBC News has learned. The issue: did Edwards violate election laws by trying to cover up his affair with a campaign videographer, Rielle Hunter.

Sources close to the investigation say Justice Department attorneys are now conducting a final review of evidence, and an indictment could come within days or weeks. In what could be an ominous development for Edwards, prosecutors already are making arrangements to record the sworn testimony of a key witness for possible use in a future trial, said the sources, speaking on condition of anonymity.

“It would be surprising now if he wasn’t indicted,” said Stephen Saltzburg, a former federal prosecutor and George Washington University law professor. “If John Edwards was aware that money was being paid to hide his mistress... and it was done to help his campaign, then he’s in trouble.”

Link

http://liten.be//b6LXt

I can't seem to find any metion of this on any network news programs. Maybe we can ask the race hustlers for a comment, but Al and Jesse are probably busy shaking someone down. If Rush or Breitbart or National Review blogged or said something as assinine as this it would be all OVER the news. But somehow the mainstream cannot find a sec to comment on calling a conservative black man a monkey. Keep up the good work...What a joke they are....

Edited by Cknolls

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Feb 16, 2011 -> 11:48 AM)
http://liten.be//b6LXt

I can't seem to find any metion of this on any network news programs. Maybe we can ask the race hustlers for a comment, but Al and Jesse are probably busy shaking someone down. If Rush or Breitbart or National Review blogged or said something as assinine as this it would be all OVER the news. But somehow the mainstream cannot find a sec to comment on calling a conservative black man a monkey. Keep up the good work...What a joke they are....

The media might care if anyone in their audience had ever heard of either the politician or the blogger in question.