• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2011 -> 10:03 PM)
You're Tom Tancredo? I'd never have guessed.

Well I guess you guys short-title my screen name as "LF" and not "lost" like they do on other boards so my joke doesn't really work

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2011 -> 09:00 PM)
Despite the healthcare thing?

I think so. If he plays it right, he might be able to write it off as just good for Mass and not for the country. the tea party will probably come out really strong against him though.

Do you guys want legitimately weird Republican only campaign news kept out of this thread if it makes them look bad? Most everything I've posted on the campaign is hard "someone's declaring" news, but some things, like this actual statement from Newt Gingrich's actual press secretary need to be shared. I can stick this stuff in the Dem thread if you'd prefer it.

“The literati sent out their minions to do their bidding,” Tyler wrote. “Washington cannot tolerate threats from outsiders who might disrupt their comfortable world. The firefight started when the cowardly sensed weakness. They fired timidly at first, then the sheep not wanting to be dropped from the establishment’s cocktail party invite list unloaded their entire clip, firing without taking aim their distortions and falsehoods. Now they are left exposed by their bylines and handles. But surely they had killed him off. This is the way it always worked. A lesser person could not have survived the first few minutes of the onslaught. But out of the billowing smoke and dust of tweets and trivia emerged Gingrich, once again ready to lead those who won’t be intimated by the political elite and are ready to take on the challenges America faces.”

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 20, 2011 -> 02:35 PM)
You lost me on your first reply. "Newt's cell phone went off, Ring tone was Dancing Queen by Abba". You responded "Was it Barney Frank"?

And I'm confused how you didn't get the joke.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 20, 2011 -> 04:01 PM)
No, that Newt had his ringtone sent to Dancing Queen for Frank, because Frank is gay.

I'm still lost. He didn't say "Was it "For" Barney Frank, he said "was it Barney Frank".

The only 2 nouns in that tweet that I can figure out that the pronoun "it" 2k5 wrote could refer to are the song or Newt. I can't see how asking if "it" is Barney Frank makes sense referring to either of those.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 20, 2011 -> 03:07 PM)
I'm still lost. He didn't say "Was it "For" Barney Frank, he said "was it Barney Frank".

The only 2 nouns in that tweet that I can figure out that the pronoun "it" 2k5 wrote could refer to are the song or Newt. I can't see how asking if "it" is Barney Frank makes sense referring to either of those.

:lolhitting

You know how people use songs to indicate who is calling? Geesh man, I really didn't think it was rocket science or anything.

really?

"was it Barney Frank [calling]"

Sheesh...

Edited by Controlled Chaos

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ May 20, 2011 -> 03:01 PM)
No, that Newt had his ringtone sent to Dancing Queen for Frank, because Frank is gay.

haha, that's pretty good. i might have to reconsider and vote for Newt after all.