• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only in America can a beatdown like this get tossed out of court, despite video evidence. Perhaps the SEIU goons were merely helping him up from the ground when he lunged at their fists. Yeah, that's it.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 09:49 AM)
why?

Why? Well, I believe the Palestinians should be left stateless for a bunch of reasons that I strongly believe in, but I already know your predetermined response will be to simply call me a bigot and an Islamophobe (which, honestly, coming from a liberal isn't that insulting anymore). So I'm not going to waste my time. Arguing with someone who is so intolerant and hostile to different opinions and judgmental in general is pointless.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 07:56 PM)
Why? Well, I believe the Palestinians should be left stateless for a bunch of reasons that I strongly believe in, but I already know your predetermined response will be to simply call me a bigot and an Islamophobe (which, honestly, coming from a liberal isn't that insulting anymore). So I'm not going to waste my time. Arguing with someone who is so intolerant and hostile to different opinions and judgmental in general is pointless.

I was more curious if you hold the "Jews deserve Israel because the Bible says so" position that I remember West advocating. but w/e

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 12, 2011 -> 07:00 PM)
I was more curious if you hold the "Jews deserve Israel because the Bible says so" position that I remember West advocating. but w/e

No. I share his end state, not his reason.

The Palestinians from the never existing state of Palestine sure don't deserve it. Their arab neighbors just use them as pawns in a power struggle and treat them like lepers and cannon fodder against Israel.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 01:16 AM)
The Palestinians from the never existing state of Palestine sure don't deserve it. Their arab neighbors just use them as pawns in a power struggle and treat them like lepers and cannon fodder against Israel.

Yeah. Thank Goodness we don't believe in any inalienable right given to people because of the fact that they are people. They have to earn those rights.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 07:41 AM)
Yeah. Thank Goodness we don't believe in any inalienable right given to people because of the fact that they are people. They have to earn those rights.

And why don't you enlighten us as to those rights, and why they have to come at the expense of Israel and not any of the neighboring arab countries that the Palistinians would have much more in common with.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 09:27 AM)
Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness? You certainly don't have 2 or 3 if you're a Palestinian and 1's marginal at best. Not sure why Israel has a superior claim to the territory and to displace millions, either.

Perhaps if they stop trying to destroy Israel and do somethign productive they may be happy? Jews were thrown out of all the arab countries and (some) arabs were thrown out of Israel. Israelies are not allowed back into the arab lands they once lived (and would be killed if they were even allowed back) so why should they allow people that want to kill them into their country? Argue what you want, but if the arabs never fired another shot, launched another missle or blew up another bomb, there would be zero aggression from Israel towards them. If Israel were to drop their weapons, they would be committing suicide. Since you want all these things for the Palis, how about having Egypt remove THEIR wall? Oops, they did, for like a day before they put it back up. Even they don't want them. They are more persecuted by other arab countries than they are by the Jews.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 10:23 AM)
My view is that just about everyone involved in the I-P conflict (governmentally, not every single person in the region) is pretty terrible and treats the other side inhumanely.

So Israel giving medical treatment to injured Palestinians is morally equal to Palestinians launching rockets at an Israeli pre-school. Not saying both sides haven't done crap, but they are not the same.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 10:37 AM)
So Israel giving medical treatment to injured Palestinians is morally equal to Palestinians launching rockets at an Israeli pre-school. Not saying both sides haven't done crap, but they are not the same.

You don't think that Israeli has launched missiles into areas with children?

Edited by GoSox05

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 11:01 AM)
No, that's a bizarre claim to attribute to me.

Well, your initial reply seems to state some sort of equivelency (even if I can't spell it) between the two. I was pointing out that they are not the same.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 10:44 AM)
You don't think that Israeli has launched missiles into areas with children?

I think Israel has launched missiles where there are people trying to kill them, that occasionally may have children because the Pali cowards hide behind them. Palistinians launch missiles where there are children and no soldiers present at all for the shock value of it.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 11:42 AM)
Well, your initial reply seems to state some sort of equivelency (even if I can't spell it) between the two. I was pointing out that they are not the same.

I believe the two sides are more or less equivalent in their atrocities. That doesn't mean I agree that the examples you provided are equivalent.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 12:44 PM)
I think Israel has launched missiles where there are people trying to kill them, that occasionally may have children because the Pali cowards hide behind them. Palistinians launch missiles where there are children and no soldiers present at all for the shock value of it.

I think Israel has carried out a campaign of total war against the People of Gaza, attempting to destroy every element of that society with a bombing campaign as intense as any the U.S. deployed in Iraq/Afghanistan, enforcing a blockade which has prevented even foodstuffs from getting to the people, and moving the population including children to the brink of starvation.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 11:53 AM)
I think Israel has carried out a campaign of total war against the People of Gaza, attempting to destroy every element of that society with a bombing campaign as intense as any the U.S. deployed in Iraq/Afghanistan, enforcing a blockade which has prevented even foodstuffs from getting to the people, and moving the population including children to the brink of starvation.

The most obese people on earth are starving. That's rich.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 12:04 PM)
The most obese people on earth are starving. That's rich.

Not the most but up there. But there's also this from the WHO:

The global epidemic of overweight and obesity - "globesity" - is rapidly becoming a major public health problem in many parts of the world. Paradoxically coexisting with undernutrition in developing countries, the increasing prevalence of overweight and obesity is associated with many diet-related chronic diseases including diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular disease, stroke, hypertension and certain cancers.

eta: for example there's a lot of obesity in poor neighborhoods in the US because they only have access to junk food and not fruits, vegetables etc.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 12:14 PM)
Not the most but up there. But there's also this from the WHO:

The global epidemic of overweight and obesity - "globesity" - is rapidly becoming a major public health problem in many parts of the world. Paradoxically coexisting with undernutrition in developing countries, the increasing prevalence of overweight and obesity is associated with many diet-related chronic diseases including diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular disease, stroke, hypertension and certain cancers.

eta: for example there's a lot of obesity in poor neighborhoods in the US because they only have access to junk food and not fruits, vegetables etc.

Have they changed the criteria for 'obese'? because I looked at some of the websites regarding those type of studies and according to them, I would qualify as obese. Now I am not a skinny guy, but if you looked at me, the first words that pop to mind would not be 'obese'. Idiot, cool guy, a$$hole, good looking, all those might come to mind first, but not obese.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 13, 2011 -> 01:47 PM)
Have they changed the criteria for 'obese'? because I looked at some of the websites regarding those type of studies and according to them, I would qualify as obese. Now I am not a skinny guy, but if you looked at me, the first words that pop to mind would not be 'obese'. Idiot, cool guy, a$$hole, good looking, all those might come to mind first, but not obese.

I have no idea, but high rates of obesity doesn't mean they aren't malnourished.