Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

http://www.oregonlive.com/politics/index.s..._of_aggres.html

A distraught young woman called U.S. Rep. David Wu's Portland office this spring, accusing him of an unwanted sexual encounter, according to multiple sources.

When confronted, the Oregon Democrat acknowledged a sexual encounter to his senior aides but insisted it was consensual, the sources said.

The woman is the daughter of a longtime friend and campaign donor. She apparently did not contact police at the time.

more story at link, but that it the main jist of the article.

This is the guy that earlier in the year sent pictures of himself dressed in a tiger suit to staffers.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 10:36 AM)

This is the guy that earlier in the year sent pictures of himself dressed in a tiger suit to staffers.

SOunds like something out an improv comedy sketch.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 09:36 AM)

We have some really unhinged elected officials in this country...

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 05:29 PM)
I somehow missed his temper tantrum. Link?

Well, first off, it was "justifiable" (just read the comments elsewhere on this board and the MSM) as Speaker John put a can of whoop ass on him, I'm sure that Obama is absolutely right as evidenced by most here saying he's done a good job on these negotations and it's entirely the tea party assholes who are derailing EVERYTHING on this.

But his demands and tone of summoning everyone to the White House and having to "explain everything to him" of why a deal can't be reached was like a 13 year old getting over his first break up. It might help if he looked in the mirror for that explanation.

You know, at the end of all this, it won't matter. He's going to get his way anyway.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 07:28 PM)
Well, first off, it was "justifiable" (just read the comments elsewhere on this board and the MSM) as Speaker John put a can of whoop ass on him, I'm sure that Obama is absolutely right as evidenced by most here saying he's done a good job on these negotations and it's entirely the tea party assholes who are derailing EVERYTHING on this.

But his demands and tone of summoning everyone to the White House and having to "explain everything to him" of why a deal can't be reached was like a 13 year old getting over his first break up. It might help if he looked in the mirror for that explanation.

You know, at the end of all this, it won't matter. He's going to get his way anyway.

The voters will destroy him in 2012. He's dug his own grave and I think he's starting to realize it.

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 09:12 PM)
The voters will destroy him in 2012. He's dug his own grave and I think he's starting to realize it.

We can only hope (and change).

Although, a termite in a yo yo is a better candidate then any of the idiots on the GOP side right now.

You know, actually, Herman Cain is probably the best of the bunch, except he's too blunt. Go figure. I mean, if you want to get elected, you can't run around saying that people should have the choice whether or not to have a mosque in their own community. (GASP!!!!!!) You become instantly unelectable. That, and Michele Baughmann takes away all his tea party love, and she is thoroughly unelectable vs. Obama.

Rick Perry... ugh. I cannot stand him. He's a slimeball, but certainly a whole lot better then Romney or McCain three years ago.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 23, 2011 -> 11:36 AM)

Embattled Rep. David Wu will not seek reelection in 2012, but he won’t resign from office now despite allegations that the Oregon Democrat had an “unwanted sexual encounter” with the teenage daughter of a close friend last Thanksgiving.

“He isn’t going to be running for reelection,” a Wu adviser, speaking on the condition of anonymity, told POLITICO late Sunday night. “But he hasn’t done anything that rises to the level of requiring him to resign.”

With a defiant Wu staying put, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) called on the Ethics Committee to investigate the explosive allegations against him.

“I call on the Ethics Committee to initiate an investigation into the allegations against Congressman Wu,” Pelosi said in a statement released after Wu’s decision to stay put. “With deep disappointment and sadness about this situation, I hope that the Ethics Committee will take up this matter.”

Pelosi said she would send a letter to the Ethics Committee on Monday “asking them to formally initiate a review of this matter.”

Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee Chairman Steve Israel of New York joined Pelosi in called for the Ethics Committee probe of the 56-year-old Wu.

“New allegations of unacceptable behavior by Congressman Wu are extremely serious and disturbing. I strongly agree with Leader Pelosi’s request that the House Ethics Committee use its authority to begin an immediate investigation,” Israel said in his own statement.

The Ethics Committee - which can subpoena Wu, his staffers and any materials in his possession, including a voice-mail message reportedly left by the teenager - cannot charge him with a crime, but the panel can make a criminal referral to the Justice Department if it turns up evidence of illegal behavior.

Pelosi, Israel and other top Democrats spoke to Wu several times over the weekend, with at least some of those party leaders urging to step down.

Democratic insiders said Pelosi and her top lieutenants have made it clear to Wu “that he has no support” from his colleagues or party leaders and that they would like to see him leave the House as soon as possible. Coming so soon after the embarrassing episode that led to the resignation of Rep. Anthony Weiner of New York last month, the last thing Democrats need is another sex scandal on their plate as they try to solve the nation’s debt0ceiling crisis.

Wu, however, has also heard from some Democrats who have told him that retiring in 2012, rather than resigning now, is sufficient to deal with the situation, if no criminal charges are brought against him, Democratic sources said.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0711/...l#ixzz1T7jHXWc4

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 03:15 PM)
f***ing San Francisco cocksucker Wu...use the back f***ing entrance next time you come into my establishment.

There are a number of reasons why this post is inappropriate. But primarily, its because the resigning congressman had an affair with a woman, which would mean he did not suck any cocks.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 03:09 PM)
There are a number of reasons why this post is inappropriate. But primarily, its because the resigning congressman had an affair with a woman, which would mean he did not suck any cocks.

It's a joke, from Deadwood. I probably shouldn't have just assumed people would get it. I've added links. :D In short, I wasn't giving some anti-gay rant, Rex...and I apologize for being so vague. The back entrance reference is because, in the show, Swearengan wouldn't allow Wu to enter his tavern through the front door...in the literal sense, he had to go around and use the rear entrance so the other patrons wouldn't see him.

This was an awesome show.

Neither of these are SFW, and neither are for those that are against swearing.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 26, 2011 -> 05:57 PM)
It's a joke, from Deadwood. I probably shouldn't have just assumed people would get it. I've added links. :D In short, I wasn't giving some anti-gay rant, Rex...and I apologize for being so vague. The back entrance reference is because, in the show, Swearengan wouldn't allow Wu to enter his tavern through the front door...in the literal sense, he had to go around and use the rear entrance so the other patrons wouldn't see him.

This was an awesome show.

Neither of these are SFW, and neither are for those that are against swearing.

I never had HBO so I never saw the show. :)

QUOTE (FlySox87 @ Jul 28, 2011 -> 10:18 PM)

So which is it. Are these guys full of s*** when they claim that their religion forbids them from killing other muslims, or does their religion really prevent them from doing so. if it really does, then I think it is time to revisit the rules allowing Muslims to serve. A soldier needs to be ready to go and serve where they are told, not to pick and choose the conflicts they act in.