• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 03:11 PM)
I don't know why on Earth they'd put my name next to that flag, but hey, it's their country. So I don't really care. My American family and friends would commemorate my life and death according to my wishes, with American flags, so that'd be satisfactory.

He's a coward for trying so pathetically hard to appease foreign visitors at the expense of patriotic Americans. His comment that I've already harped on a few times shows that he's just worried about offending a few people who are different.

What expense? Accuracy? The understanding that American businesses hire workers from all corners of the globe? At least down here, when out local soldiers come home, dead or alive, I see a lot of Mexican flags as well as U.S. to commemorate their often times dual citizenship. I guess if you were here you would rip the Mexican flag out of the hands of their families?

QUOTE (VictoryMC98 @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 07:58 PM)
The states issue isn't what we are talking about. Please let's talk about federal funding.. or lack there of.

Well of course you want to limit the discussion to the feds. Otherwise the numbers get bigger and the talking points aren't as strong.

Walmart built a road, well paid for a road, in my town. They donated the land and paid most of the cost of the road. Of course it led to a WalMart but it connected two well traveled roads and really is a nice shortcut to many businesses.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 06:38 PM)
What expense? Accuracy? The understanding that American businesses hire workers from all corners of the globe? At least down here, when out local soldiers come home, dead or alive, I see a lot of Mexican flags as well as U.S. to commemorate their often times dual citizenship. I guess if you were here you would rip the Mexican flag out of the hands of their families?

Oh shut up. For being a moderator, you're one of the most hyperbolic people on this board. Give me a freaking break and calm down.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 09:16 PM)
Well of course you want to limit the discussion to the feds. Otherwise the numbers get bigger and the talking points aren't as strong.

Well, I thunk the underfunding problem gets even bigger if you count the states.

The difference right now is that the states can't issue us treasuries.

LOL, not even close, we are talking about what the FED gov can do to help the economy.. And S/he throws out the states... Would that not be trying to change the subject?

And the ROI is for the FED, not the states.

Do you have a better idea to help jump start the economy?

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 08:20 PM)
Oh shut up. For being a moderator, you're one of the most hyperbolic people on this board. Give me a freaking break and calm down.

Ok, I'll accept that.

Still what expense?

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 07:30 PM)
Still what expense?

If your Mexican immigrant loved one who is an American Soldier comes home from a deployment, go ahead and wave Mexican flags. I'm personally not sure why you would, since he wears an American flag patch on his right sleeve and is fighting in the United States Army. But hey, it's your loved one and if that's how he wants his homecoming celebrated, fine by me. Your claim that I'd go down and rip flags out of peoples' hands is idiotic.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 08:43 PM)
If your Mexican immigrant loved one who is an American Soldier comes home from a deployment, go ahead and wave Mexican flags. I'm personally not sure why you would, since he wears an American flag patch on his right sleeve and is fighting in the United States Army. But hey, it's your loved one and if that's how he wants his homecoming celebrated, fine by me. Your claim that I'd go down and rip flags out of peoples' hands is idiotic.

Again, you said at the expense of, what expense is there if flags are flown from other countries? And just like some Italian- Americans, Irish-Americans, etc are proud of their ancestry, so too are Mexican-Americans.

You wrote

I don't know why on Earth they'd put my name next to that flag, but hey, it's their country. So I don't really care. My American family and friends would commemorate my life and death according to my wishes, with American flags, so that'd be satisfactory.

He's a coward for trying so pathetically hard to appease foreign visitors at the expense of patriotic Americans. His comment that I've already harped on a few times shows that he's just worried about offending a few people who are different.

What expense?

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 08:53 PM)
I don't understand your question. If Mexican Americans are proud of their heritage, let them fly their flags. I don't care. That doesn't have anything to do with my insistence that 9/11 was an American tragedy and not a world tragedy.

Not a world tragedy? Wow. How old are you? I say that because you see the world differently at 40 than 12. The outpouring of support from around the world was amazing. I remember watching the coverage, nations everywhere shared in our grief and outrage. It's like saying the holocaust was a German or Jewish tragedy. People around the globe waving American flags, leading prayer services, lighting candles.

QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 08:01 PM)
You wrote

What expense?

At the expense of letting patriotic Americans like Sarah Snow commemorating 9/11 in their preferred way without worrying about offending a bunch of people who don't matter.

QUOTE (God Loves The Infantry @ Sep 9, 2011 -> 09:05 PM)
At the expense of letting patriotic Americans like Sarah Snow commemorating 9/11 in their preferred way without worrying about offending a bunch of people who don't matter.

Wow. Ok, I'm done. :lolhitting They do matter, the brown ones give you a target.

We went through that already. Go back and try reading the conversation.

Calm down there, I was staying out of it.. since I already know how you are going to respond, and its not worth either one of our times to discuss it. I will go back and see what you stated..

Carry on.