The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 02:55 PM)
I meant incumbent outspending a challenger given the built-in advantages.

This race was very different as because it was a recall election, the Incumbent was allowed to raise unlimited funds until the Dems had their candidate. That accounts for most of the look of the 10 to 1 spending. It was the WI rules.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

you guys sure supported big money campaigns when Obama was racking in massive bribe money from wall street. he even went back on his promise about public financing. oh well, he's Democrat brand, so you blindly support him.

you guys lost in the recall elecation. deal with it. your democrats are totally bribed and corrupt just like most of the GOP. so stop with the sob story about money in campaigns.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 05:27 PM)
you guys sure supported big money campaigns when Obama was racking in massive bribe money from wall street. he even went back on his promise about public financing. oh well, he's Democrat brand, so you blindly support him.

you guys lost in the recall elecation. deal with it. your democrats are totally bribed and corrupt just like most of the GOP. so stop with the sob story about money in campaigns.

The entire system is broken...and don't start with the blind support. If you think that some GOPers don't blindly support candidates...well then, you are...blind.

This just shows that money wins elections...not issues. So again I say, the system in broken.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 10:39 AM)
The entire system is broken...and don't start with the blind support. If you think that some GOPers don't blindly support candidates...well then, you are...blind.

This just shows that money wins elections...not issues. So again I say, the system in broken.

He actually somewhat said that in the post you replied too.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 11:39 AM)

Even though this one had a ton of money in it...I'm not quite sure the results would have been any different had there been an even spending field. It matches up so closely with the results from 18 months ago.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)
Even though this one had a ton of money in it...I'm not quite sure the results would have been any different had there been an even spending field. It matches up so closely with the results from 18 months ago.

I agree. Not only did many Wisconsinites disagree with the recall...but the Democrats ran an opponent that already lost once. Were they honestly expecting different results?

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 02:08 PM)
I agree. Not only did many Wisconsinites disagree with the recall...but the Democrats ran an opponent that already lost once. Were they honestly expecting different results?

If they had been able to do this last year, right after the protests, right after the State Senate fleeing brouhaha, they might have had a legit shot. It's been a year and there was already one big deal recall election knocking out many of the Republican State Senators last year. Even if the people who Walker declared the enemy were going to be fired up, it was going to be hard to get everyone fired up.

That said, with as fired up as those people were, they couldn't just "Not make the effort and be satisified with taking back the State Senate".

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 12:57 PM)

Let me put it another way...maybe money doesn't truly "win" elections since the amount of money that will be raised/spent will probably be nearly equal for November. Meaning, when the money gets to the billion mark, what's a couple million here or there.

So...instead of money winning elections...people and corporations (or as Mitt Romney likes to call them, "people") THINK money wins elections. Hey everyone...let's spend a billion dollars on something else...how about education? How about the charity of your choice? How about your church? How about, well, anything? Money in elections remind me of renting an apartment. That's cash down the drain every month without anything to show for it...unless it turns south in which case you can blame the landlord.

QUOTE (CanOfCorn @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 03:26 PM)
Let me put it another way...maybe money doesn't truly "win" elections since the amount of money that will be raised/spent will probably be nearly equal for November. Meaning, when the money gets to the billion mark, what's a couple million here or there.

So...instead of money winning elections...people and corporations (or as Mitt Romney likes to call them, "people") THINK money wins elections. Hey everyone...let's spend a billion dollars on something else...how about education? How about the charity of your choice? How about your church? How about, well, anything? Money in elections remind me of renting an apartment. That's cash down the drain every month without anything to show for it...unless it turns south in which case you can blame the landlord.

The question is...how many elections are won by guys who don't have money?

Walker went on the air last fall. After his fall ad blitz, his approval ratings went from 41/59 to 52/48 by January. Was that the ten million dollars spent on ads, or the movement of the union busting into the background combined with the generally slowly improving American economy?

So proud to be a Commerce employee:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/06/11...test=latestnews

Commerce Secretary John Bryson was cited for felony hit-and-run following two car accidents over the weekend in Los Angeles, police said.

The recently installed Cabinet member was found unconscious in his car late Saturday afternoon, following the second collision, and was admitted to a local hospital for what were described as "non-life threatening injuries." While the first crash is under investigation as a hit-and-run, Los Angeles law enforcement said there's "no indication" drugs or alcohol played a role in either collision.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 11, 2012 -> 08:07 AM)

U.S. Commerce Secretary John Bryson, who police say caused two traffic accidents, suffered a seizure, his agency says.

This is one crazy set of descriptions.

Bryson, who was driving a Lexus, rear-ended a Buick occupied by three men that was stopped at a railroad crossing in San Gabriel, said the police statement Sunday.

"Bryson spoke with the males, then left the scene, hitting the same car again as he left," the statement said.

The men in the Buick followed Bryson while calling 911 to report the accident, it said.

Bryson then drove to the neighboring city of Rosemead, where he hit a second car, according to authorities.

The commerce secretary was found "alone and unconscious behind the wheel of his vehicle," according to the police statement.

Paramedics treated him at the scene and took him to an area hospital, Duran said.

Two of the three men in the Buick were treated for minor injuries, according to police.

The Obama Gift Registry? Really? He doesn't give his own kids birthday presents, so instead he wants YOURS. Wow. Just wow. Ask not what your guests can buy for you, ask what they can give to Barak! Who needs a gravy boat, Obama needs more money!

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 23, 2012 -> 06:29 PM)
The Obama Gift Registry? Really? He doesn't give his own kids birthday presents, so instead he wants YOURS. Wow. Just wow. Ask not what your guests can buy for you, ask what they can give to Barak! Who needs a gravy boat, Obama needs more money!

Give the jackass your money. He needs it more then you do, in the classic redistribution of wealth realm.