• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Oh look, the GOP are wasting everybody's time and money by voting to repeal the ACA...in an act of absolute stupidity...all to put on a "show" to their constituants.

Which will then be struck down by the Senate...wasting even more time.

Good thing our government has so much money to spend it doesn't matter.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
Oh look, the GOP are wasting everybody's time and money by voting to repeal the ACA...in an act of absolute stupidity...all to put on a "show" to their constituants.

Which will then be struck down by the Senate...wasting even more time.

Good thing our government has so much money to spend it doesn't matter.

And meanwhile Harry Reid continues to deny a floor vote for an Obama budget, continuing that classic Republican obstructionism. They are there to vote on things, and yet that nasty Republican refuses to even let them vote at all. Oh wait, Reid isn't a Republican.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 07:15 PM)
And meanwhile Harry Reid continues to deny a floor vote for an Obama budget, continuing that classic Republican obstructionism. They are there to vote on things, and yet that nasty Republican refuses to even let them vote at all. Oh wait, Reid isn't a Republican.

That isn't Obama's budget but the thing republicans labeled Obama's budget iirc

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jul 11, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
Watched some Romney ads today. They sucked. He needs to get better fast. Obozo is looking like a polical pro and Romney is failing.

And yes it's early. Blah blah blah.

They are bland. Like the candidate.

QUOTE (Rex Kicka** @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 12:22 PM)
Rumor is, Condi is on the VP shortlist for Mittens.

That should work well: she's pro-choice.

Yeah can't wait for the press to fall all over her like they did with Barack. No questions asked. Sure they will be just as gung ho thrill up their pants with the first woman/black VP being a Republican....... Waits for hell to freeze over.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 02:37 PM)
Yeah can't wait for the press to fall all over her like they did with Barack. No questions asked. Sure they will be just as gung ho thrill up their pants with the first woman/black VP being a Republican....... Waits for hell to freeze over.

Technically she'd be the third female VP nominee.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 13, 2012 -> 01:45 PM)
Technically she'd be the third female VP nominee.

Geraldeen Farraro

...who else?

Edit: Oh, Palin. Sorry, I had to undelete memories to recall this. Thanks a lot.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jul 21, 2012 -> 11:33 AM)
Unscrupulous Democrats (ABC News) tries to blame batman movie shooting on Tea Party. Later is forced to retract false news report that batman shooting was an attack from the "Tea Party".

http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/2012/0...ion-129568.html

I don't know if it should have been Brian Ross or if he was just reading someone else's work, but that's the easiest "fire someone" you'll ever see.

Kudos to the IOC for recognizing the 1972 Israeli athletes at the Opening ceremonies, and to NBC for editing out Bob Costas' 12 seconds of silence down to 4 for the prime time broadcast and totally removing the moment of silence from the re-broadcast later that night. But the IOC finds time to put up a barrier between some Israeli athletes training next to Muslims. That's what the Olympics are all about. Don't recognize the innocent athletes assassinated by terrorists, but kowtow to the f***ing Muslims who cannot practice next to Israelis. IOC is a close second to the UN for relevancy. :usa

With the economy turndown I encounter more people at the local grocery store using the link card. I also have run into lots of abuse. Take tonight for example. Woman in her 30's buys 80 dollars worth of groceries on the link card. Then has a seperate transaction for 120 dollars of alcohol. Walks about the front then gets into a brand new 2012 Audi A4. Leave the assistance for those who need it.

With the economy turndown I encounter more people at the local grocery store using the link card. I also have run into lots of abuse. Take tonight for example. Woman in her 30's buys 80 dollars worth of groceries on the link card. Then has a seperate transaction for 120 dollars of alcohol. Walks about the front then gets into a brand new 2012 Audi A4. Leave the assistance for those who need it.

That woman probably paid cash to somebody who is on public assistance for about 80% of the card's value. The woman gets a 20% discount on groceries and the other person gets cash to buy smokes/alcohol/drugs that they couldn't buy with the card.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 01:15 AM)

You want more examples of abuse? That's easy.

Take almost any given family in China Town. 1 person in the family owns the house, the restaurant, etc...and the rest of them are on public assistance...link cards, food stamps, etc. Now, guess what they fund the restaurant with? Ever see them buying 50 cases of soda on a link card? Or 150 heads of lettuce? Guess where that's going. ;)

Abuse isn't hard to find if you actually want to find it. People just like to pretend it is.

To add an edit, because it's what I do: It's really a shame that abuse like this exists, whatever the example may be. Because these programs have great intentions in mind to help those that actually need it, only it's ruined by those that don't need it taking advantage of the system...people that abuse these programs annoy me to no end. They take what would be a helping hand to those in need and turn it into a crushing burden on the tax payers. TL;DR, f*** anyone that abuses these programs.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Aug 2, 2012 -> 01:15 AM)

This s*** makes me so sick. I used to work at a grocery store and saw this crap happen all the time. You buy all the essentials with your link and WIC stuff and then spend another $2-300 on junk food. The system is an absolute joke, but once you start providing the government teat there's no way of taking it back.

And remember, 99% of the poor in this country are single mothers with 9 kids who just can't catch a break. None of those kids were bad decisions mind you, so we have the obligation to pay for them to grow up.

My mother worked the office of the local grade school for over 20 years, and just HATED the rampant abuse of the free lunch system. People would come in and fill out the forms, claiming to be unemployed, but then have work numbers on the emergency call sheets, show up in nice cars, expensive nail jobs etc. And like mentioned above, most of the kids getting the free lunch always had cash available to buy the 'extras' afterwards. And the worst part if the school was not allowed to verify the information. So even if the person filled out the form, handed it in and told them they lied completely, they still got the free lunch. What a system.