The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

Do you guys agree with me, though, that that is childish and bushleague of Wolf Blitzer (is that his real name?) to actually comment on a harmless interview with the Romney kids right after it is over by saying, "Say what you want about Romney, but he has a good family" and laugh at one of his kids calling Mitt frugal and Wolf saying, "that means he's cheap."

Wolf had a look of disgust on his face that suggested he really didn't want any part of making Romney look legitimate and not somebody who'll be steamrolled by his beloved Obama.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
Do I need to go find the clip of him gushing over how manly Bush was in his "mission accomplished" flightsuit and codpiece back in 03?

He probably threw up during the break.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 04:36 PM)
Do you guys agree with me, though, that that is childish and bushleague of Wolf Blitzer (is that his real name?) to actually comment on a harmless interview with the Romney kids right after it is over by saying, "Say what you want about Romney, but he has a good family" and laugh at one of his kids calling Mitt frugal and Wolf saying, "that means he's cheap."

Wolf had a look of disgust on his face that suggested he really didn't want any part of making Romney look legitimate and not somebody who'll be steamrolled by his beloved Obama.

Yes. The 'say what you will' line is bush league, as well as the 'cheap' comment. Romney probably donates more than Wolf makes, and to causes other than the church. Would Wolf lend a guy the money to buy a house he was renting? Not many people on any side would.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 09:58 PM)
Yes. The 'say what you will' line is bush league, as well as the 'cheap' comment. Romney probably donates more than Wolf makes, and to causes other than the church. Would Wolf lend a guy the money to buy a house he was renting? Not many people on any side would.

Thanks for responding Alpha Dog. For some reason people tend to ignore a lot of my questions. Romney does deserve respect this week. If Wolf doesn't want to cover the convention he shouldn't be there.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)
Thanks for responding Alpha Dog. For some reason people tend to ignore a lot of my questions. Romney does deserve respect this week. If Wolf doesn't want to cover the convention he shouldn't be there.

Maybe I should take a page from the Dem playbook. 'cheap' and 'say what you will' are coded acist comments and anti-religious meant to cast dispersions on Romney's religion.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 06:33 PM)
Maybe I should take a page from the Dem playbook. 'cheap' and 'say what you will' are coded acist comments and anti-religious meant to cast dispersions on Romney's religion.

Who has said anything about Mitt Romney's religion in this campaign?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 05:36 PM)
Who has said anything about Mitt Romney's religion in this campaign?

Everyone! It's all there in coded words! Every Dem is a raving anti-Mormanite!

(I am making fun, of course, at just about every liberal commentator hearing racist code words in just about anything anyone says about Obama)

Serious question for all you republicans.

If you don't want to pay teachers a good salary(and you don't if you want to get rid of their unions) how the hell can your keynote speaker stand up there and talk about making sure the teachers are the best of the best and having standards and evaluations they must meet? Making sure the students come first etc etc.

Here's how to fix education. Pay teachers what they're worth and the best people will become teachers. Anyone with any kind of talent is going into other professions because they wont make as much if they're a teacher. Make teaching a respectable profession and pay them like it and you will have good teachers.

Edit: I'm a first year teacher who just graduated college and want to know the answer to this question.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 04:30 AM)

If you don't want to pay teachers a good salary(and you don't if you want to get rid of their unions) how the hell can your keynote speaker stand up there and talk about making sure the teachers are the best of the best and having standards and evaluations they must meet? Making sure the students come first etc etc.

Here's how to fix education. Pay teachers what they're worth and the best people will become teachers. Anyone with any kind of talent is going into other professions because they wont make as much if they're a teacher. Make teaching a respectable profession and pay them like it and you will have good teachers.

Edit: I'm a first year teacher who just graduated college and want to know the answer to this question.

I am a Republican and I agree with your stance on teachers. I'll never say this current crop of Republicans is any good. Romney sucks. Obama is miserable as well. I probably won't vote at all. I truly detest both candidates.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 11:03 PM)
I am a Republican and I agree with your stance on teachers. I'll never say this current crop of Republicans is any good. Romney sucks. Obama is miserable as well. I probably won't vote at all. I truly detest both candidates.

Their views on teachers especially Ryan's is exactly why I will be voting for Obama. I don't want Romney in office and the only way to do that is to vote for Obama.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 04:08 AM)
Their views on teachers especially Ryan's is exactly why I will be voting for Obama. I don't want Romney in office and the only way to do that is to vote for Obama.

What is his specific stance on teachers? Teachers need to be paid more. Is it true almost all teachers are females now? Why is that, Kev? Educate me pls.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 10:30 PM)

Well we pay politicians 6 figures and look what THAT gets us. ANd we spend more per pupil in education than many countries that have better results, so again, look what that gets us. Money isn't the answer.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 10:30 PM)

So how much should a teacher make? Should teachers with more in demand degrees make more?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 11:19 PM)
What is his specific stance on teachers? Teachers need to be paid more. Is it true almost all teachers are females now? Why is that, Kev? Educate me pls.

Because if you have a guy teacher, especially if he is single, there are always those that look at him and wonder if he is a pedophile or a pervert. Since they have all these government programs (quotas) to get more women in math and science fields, I think they should have a title 9 to get men into teaching fields. We should get equal representation in the teaching profession. We need government intervention now to remedy this tragedy.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 11:19 PM)

His stance on teachers are that teachers unions shouldn't exist and that only the best should be teachers(create standards they have to meet). If teaching unions don't exist or they try to pull a Wisconsin there wont be any good teachers left. Because anyone worth anything(including me) will be looking for a new job.

I totally agree with him on only the best should be teachers, but the best wont be teachers unless you pay them like they're the best.

The majority of teachers are Woman(especially at the elementary and middle level). In High schools there's a lot more male teachers.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 11:20 PM)
Well we pay politicians 6 figures and look what THAT gets us. ANd we spend more per pupil in education than many countries that have better results, so again, look what that gets us. Money isn't the answer.

What are the statistics on teacher pay? We might pay more per pupil in education than many countries, but how much of that is entering teacher's pockets?

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 11:21 PM)
So how much should a teacher make? Should teachers with more in demand degrees make more?

Every teacher should make 6 figures, and college standards should be raised(require all teacher's to have a masters or more).

You do that and you eliminate the people who fall into teaching because they didn't know what to do with their lives.

We also need to eliminate the importance on standardized testing. It's an absolute sin how much instruction time I have to lose this year in order to prepare students for standardized test. If we stop teaching to the test and start teaching the students, and we get the best people in the teaching profession education will turn around in this country.

Edited by kev211

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 29, 2012 -> 12:23 AM)
Because if you have a guy teacher, especially if he is single, there are always those that look at him and wonder if he is a pedophile or a pervert. Since they have all these government programs (quotas) to get more women in math and science fields, I think they should have a title 9 to get men into teaching fields. We should get equal representation in the teaching profession. We need government intervention now to remedy this tragedy.

Please tell me that my colorblindness isn't letting me see the green here.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 12:05 PM)
Alan Colmes sucked, but Hannity sucks just as much.

I'd say Anderson Cooper, the dude from Britain and Wolf Blitzer are all partisan. Not to the degree of Fox and MSNBC. But IMO, Fox has one annoying partisan - Hannity, and MSNBC has two - Matthews and Maddow.

And Scarborough used to be conservative, until he found out that he could have his own show on a liberal network, so he became much more moderate. But he's hardly a "conservative" anymore.

Fox & Friends has three in one show

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 11:20 PM)

Gotta retain the top talent though, right?

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 10:05 AM)
And Scarborough used to be conservative, until he found out that he could have his own show on a liberal network, so he became much more moderate. But he's hardly a "conservative" anymore.

So unless your a frothing at the mouth, hard core, right wing tea partier you're "hardly a conservative"?

QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 28, 2012 -> 11:27 PM)
His stance on teachers are that teachers unions shouldn't exist and that only the best should be teachers(create standards they have to meet). If teaching unions don't exist or they try to pull a Wisconsin there wont be any good teachers left. Because anyone worth anything(including me) will be looking for a new job.

I totally agree with him on only the best should be teachers, but the best wont be teachers unless you pay them like they're the best.

The majority of teachers are Woman(especially at the elementary and middle level). In High schools there's a lot more male teachers.

Wow. Way to throw all the teachers in catholic schools under the bus. Yeah you can only be a good teacher if you are in the union. LMAO.