The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 03:04 PM)
God forbid I point out that Stewart tore into the RNC. I know you would never ever call out the DNC if something stupid happened there, like a senile old man yelling at a chair or Republican Congressmen of states so far in debt saying that they know how to fix the country.

How about your senile VP going up to a table full of greek people and introducing himself as Joe Bidenopolous.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/burns-haberm...los-133992.html

Approaching a table of men he knew to be Greek, the VP said, “I’m Joe Bidenopoulos.”

“Ask George,” he said – unclear who George was, maybe someone at the table --“who’s the most Greek Irishman he’s ever known.” Sounded like Biden was suggesting he is

Edited by Alpha Dog

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm sure we've all known our share of jocks who embellish their athletic accomplishments (e.g., how much they can "bench", etc.) to "one-up" everyone else and make themselves sound that much better than you. Personally, I've aways hated those kind of douchebags.

It looks like Paul Ryan is one of them.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archiv...on-time/261866/

What is it with these VP picks?

QUOTE (Marty34 @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 01:00 PM)
The taxpayer is paying their salaries.

Yup, taxpayers pay their salaries.

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-0...eacher-incident

“It was a teacher-led bullying incident of epic proportions,” said lawyer Joan Mell, representing the parents of the alleged victim.

She says teacher John Rosi led the rest of the class to stack chairs on the boy, place a pillow over his face and put socks in his mouth.

“He was assaulted several times. He was assaulted by the teacher, the teacher poked him in the belly, the teacher turned around and put his bottom in his face and said, ‘I feel gassy,’ " she alleged.

The lawyer said that after the incident, the boy refused to return to class and even became suicidal. His family transferred him to a private school.

And the teacher? Suspended (probably with pay) them moved to a different school.

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 04:10 PM)
I'm sure we've all known our share of jocks who embellish their athletic accomplishments (e.g., how much they can "bench", etc.) to "one-up" everyone else and make themselves sound that much better than you. Personally, I've aways hated those kind of douchebags.

Really? That's the best you got to worry about?

QUOTE (PlaySumFnJurny @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 04:10 PM)

Take that Atlantic joke journalism to the Dem thread.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 04:10 PM)
So in that case, is it safe to say that Republicans are what's wrong with the USA? Can't choose good politicians to lead us?

The problem is we have a flip flopping liberal GOP establishment candidate on the top of the ticket.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 03:36 PM)
Did someone else run against Obama?

Last I heard, McCain is alive and kicking, never heard anyone refer to McCain (a war hero) as a "corpse"...but you stay classy!

You can also call Romney a corpse after the elections. :headbang

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Aug 31, 2012 -> 08:44 AM)
Who? Did anyone in this thread start by saying teachers suck and need to shut up? Or did a teacher b**** about their pay first? That's the way this argument always starts.

what do you do for a living jenks?

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 05:10 PM)
the final nail in the neo-con liberal Republican establishment coffin? not really a bad thing in my opinion.

and by neo-con liberal Republican you mean actual Republican right? instead of today's GOP which is the bastardization of everything the party used to stand for.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:52 PM)
and by neo-con liberal Republican you mean actual Republican right? instead of today's GOP which is the bastardization of everything the party used to stand for.

no my friend, the Romney wing is a democrat spin-off. you guys might get a free ride this election. you are basically running against a corporate Democrat with a s*** load of money for ads. Dem vs Dem 2012.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 06:05 PM)
something you know nothing about.

you realize Dwight Eisenhower's positions were more in line with today's democrats than todays republicans, right? or are you just making things up?

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 1, 2012 -> 10:05 PM)
you realize Dwight Eisenhower's positions were more in line with today's democrats than todays republicans, right? or are you just making things up?

you know that Franklin D. Roosevelt would be considered a radical right hate monger in today's loony Dem party right? Public sector unions?

compare eras much?

Edited by mr_genius