The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)
We all know the reason transcripts aren't released. By BARRY's OWN ADMISSION he was a drug addicted flunky in high school. Yet he got into what was at the time a prestigious school. Then, while being a self professed cocaine user, he kept moving on to Ivy League schools. Yea, I bet it was good grades. LOL.

The guy got in as a foreign exchange student. I suppose that makes me a birther, right? No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying either he bucked the system and got in as an exchange student, which if he's American, it was a lie. Or, he's really a foreigner, which is worse because now he's got a constitutional issue. Personally, I think it was the first option, but that's a pretty big whopper to have to explain, isn't it? OH, but we'll never know, because while every f***ing ® has to release everything, the (D) has a very personal life to protect.

This makes the media hypocritical douchebags.

agreed

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 09:18 PM)
OH, but we'll never know, because while every f***ing ® has to release everything, the (D) has a very personal life to protect.

Here are 11 years of the President and Vice President's tax returns. Hypocritical douchebag indeed. That's totally what you asked for, right, because otherwise that rant would be incredibly racist, so I assume your next post will be stating how outraged you are at Mitt Romney for the various tax tricks he's used.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 08:35 PM)
Here are 11 years of the President and Vice President's tax returns. Hypocritical douchebag indeed. And totally no racial assumptions in that rant.

we don't care about his tax returns. we wish to see his academic transcripts.

no Obama transcripts, no more Romney tax returns.

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
we don't care about his tax returns. we wish to see his academic transcripts.

no Obama transcripts, no more Romney tax returns.

I see, so where are Mitt Romney's college transcripts? Or do only the blacks need to provide that? After all, Mitt Romney didn't benefit from any affirmative action, he's white and rich. That's the right way to get into Harvard and totally undeserving of similar random, unsupported suspicions.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 08:40 PM)
I see, so where are Mitt Romney's college transcripts? Or do only the blacks need to provide that? After all, Mitt Romney didn't benefit from any affirmative action, he's white and rich. That's the right way to get into Harvard.

Oh here we go with this whole thing again.

Anyways, I'm sure Mitt Romney would be more than happy to produce his academic transcripts if Obama will do the same. What is Obama trying to hide?

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 09:44 PM)
Oh here we go with this whole thing again.

Anyways, I'm sure Mitt Romney would be more than happy to produce his academic transcripts if Obama will do the same. What is Obama trying to hide?

How are you sure of that? Are you Mitt Romney's other lover? What is Mitt Romney trying to hide with that wife? Mitt Romney needs to provide notarized statements of his lovers to prove whether or not you're one of them.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 08:35 PM)
Here are 11 years of the President and Vice President's tax returns. Hypocritical douchebag indeed. That's totally what you asked for, right, because otherwise that rant would be incredibly racist, so I assume your next post will be stating how outraged you are at Mitt Romney for the various tax tricks he's used.

Way to move the goalposts. And I'll tell you, stop calling me that.

I'll edit my own post.

Edited by kapkomet

Move the goalposts? Like demanding a guys school transcripts and concluding that because he didn't provide them he did something wrong, yet not concluding that about anyone else ever who doesn't provide the same thing?

(edited my quote).

Edited by kapkomet

Where is your conspiracy theory about Mitt Romney's transcripts? John McCain's? George bush's? John Kerry's? Al Gore's? Bob Dole's? Bill Clinton's? Paul Ryan's? Paul Ryan might have claimed that he was in fact cheese to get into college, he is from Wisconsin! How else would we know if he doesn't release them? He's an Ayn Rand-fan, he's clearly only out for himself, he might well have claimed that he was cheese.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
How are you sure of that? Are you Mitt Romney's other lover? What is Mitt Romney trying to hide with that wife? Mitt Romney needs to provide notarized statements of his lovers to prove whether or not you're one of them.

yes you busted me. now back to the real issue, where's Obama's transcripts? we need to see them so we can decide if we are going to vote for him or not. many jobs require academic transcripts.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
Move the goalposts? Like demanding a guys school transcripts and concluding that because he didn't provide them he did something wrong, yet not concluding that about anyone else ever who doesn't provide the same thing?

you suggested that Romney is trying to hide something because he won't release all his tax returns!

and he probably is trying to hide something, haha.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 10:06 PM)
yes you busted me. now back to the real issue, where's Obama's transcripts? we need to see them so we can decide if we are going to vote for him or not. many jobs require academic transcripts.

Btw, you are right, it wouldn't be unreasonable to see those from all candidates. But then, it only becomes an issue for the guy that for some reason gets a "He's a foreigner!" conspiracy theory, and no one cares about the rich (totally non-race based) people who get into those schools. Wonder why. Mitt Romney could be a Mexican for all we know!

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 10:08 PM)
you suggested that Romney is trying to hide something because he won't release all his tax returns!

and he probably is trying to hide something, haha.

No, George Romney suggested that.

And Mitt Romney doesn't need to hide anything. A guy who makes $20 million a year off of investments, without working, while claiming he's "unemployed" (his word) paying 10-14% a year ought to be enough to put people in the streets with pitchforks and torches.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)
Btw, you are right, it wouldn't be unreasonable to see those from all candidates. But then, it only becomes an issue for the guy that for some reason gets a "He's a foreigner!" conspiracy theory, and no one cares about the rich (totally non-race based) people who get into those schools. Wonder why. Mitt Romney could be a Mexican for all we know!

He might be. But we have a record of it because the media demanded it.

You know the funny thing is, and you know it, I hate Romney.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 10:11 PM)
He might be. But we have a record of it because the media demanded it.

You know the funny thing is, and you know it, I hate Romney.

Actually, if you follow the link I gave a page ago...we have a record of it because George Romney's biographer asked to see a year's worth of tax returns, and he instead received 10 years along with a statement that a single year could be scrubbed. That's literally why we have 11 years from Obama/Biden, because opposing candidates couldn't say why that logic was wrong.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 09:14 PM)
Actually, if you follow the link I gave a page ago...we have a record of it because George Romney's biographer asked to see a year's worth of tax returns, and he instead received 10 years along with a statement that a single year could be scrubbed. That's literally why we have 11 years from Obama/Biden, because opposing candidates couldn't say why that logic was wrong.

Ugh. You are moving the posts, again.

that's actually literally true according to the Romney campaign itself and there is no supposition about previous years included, no conspiracy theory, that is fully documented. Mitt Romney has actually released last year's tax returns. He overpaid his taxes, by his own explanation, because he promised he had paid 13% or more in every year. If he had taken all the deductions he could have, he could have been down to 11% or below (it's hard to figure out the exact number because of the AMT and all his foreign accounts but ABC here claims 10.38% and others have come up with lower numbers).

Romney and his wife, Ann, paid more taxes than they had to in 2011, choosing not to claim deductions for $1.8 million in charitable donations. The Romneys donated just over $4 million to charity in 2011 but claimed deductions on only $2.25 million.

In August, Romney said he has paid at least a 13 percent effective rate in past years, and claiming full deductions would have lowered his rate below that mark. The donations would have brought Romney down to a 10.38 percent effective rate, according to CPA Steve Frushtick.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
that's actually literally true according to the Romney campaign itself and there is no supposition about previous years included, no conspiracy theory, that is fully documented. Mitt Romney has actually released last year's tax returns. He overpaid his taxes, by his own explanation, because he promised he had paid 13% or more in every year. If he had taken all the deductions he could have, he could have been down to 11% or below (it's hard to figure out the exact number because of the AMT and all his foreign accounts but ABC here claims 10.38% and others have come up with lower numbers).

Mitt Romney didn't write the tax code. Blaming him for deductions most people would take is stupid, IMO, especially when he didn't take them.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 08:18 PM)
We all know the reason transcripts aren't released. By BARRY's OWN ADMISSION he was a drug addicted flunky in high school. Yet he got into what was at the time a prestigious school. Then, while being a self professed cocaine user, he kept moving on to Ivy League schools. Yea, I bet it was good grades. LOL.

The guy got in as a foreign exchange student. I suppose that makes me a birther, right? No, I'm not saying that. I'm saying either he bucked the system and got in as an exchange student, which if he's American, it was a lie. Or, he's really a foreigner, which is worse because now he's got a constitutional issue. Personally, I think it was the first option, but that's a pretty big whopper to have to explain, isn't it? OH, but we'll never know, because while every f***ing ® has to release everything, the (D) has a very personal life to protect.

deep end, meet kap - he's officially jumped in.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)

Is that supposed to be rebuttal, proving that you are not implying Romney is trying to hide something by not releasing all his tax returns? if it is, your argument has actually proven my point for me.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 22, 2012 -> 09:08 PM)

He factually could be, his father was born in Mexico so legally he was a Mexican citizen (Mexico accepts dual citizenship), Mitt can claim dual citizenship and have full citizen rights in Mexico. :lol: