The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 10:07 AM)
Just remember, if anything they ever said about guns being useful in keeping people safe was true...they'd be funding enormous amounts of research on their own to make that case. They'd want the government doing that research.

They're not dumb. They know the answer is going to be "you're 10x safer if you're unarmed". They'd rather not have the answer.

I'm sure they believe you're safer -- but they also know that research is likely to be at times mixed even when there is a single correct answer. They don't want any mixed messages.

Reminds me of Monsanto, who have been behind things like aspartame (completely safe) but never wanted to actually find out whether it would stand up to research or not.

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To preserve personal liberties, to prevent numbers from being skewed and misquoted, whatever, I have no idea. I'm not a member of the NRA, don't particularly care for the NRA, and I wish they'd be a little more willing to negotiate and compromise.

Nah gun owners have compromised enough. Imagine gun owners had a pie...

1934- We cut it in half for the sake of compromise and let the NFA pass

1968- We cut it in half for the sake of compromise and let the GCA pass

1986- We cut it in half for the sake of compromise and let FOPA pass

1994- After decades of compromise we got the 1994 AWB, because all we'd done before just wasn't enough.

So of the original pie we have about 1/8th remain. We've had our rights looted.

So I'm not compromising an inch. The NRA, SAF and GOA aren't either. No longer are we going to play nice with you whateveryouares, you want to take more of our rights get ready for war. Were sick of it.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

lol, just can't help bringing up gays and rape

To be fair the word I used that apparently makes you all cry for TEH OPPRESSED GAYS IN R CUONTRY is often used with zero connotation to homosexuals. See the Louis CK skit if this goes over your head.

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 11:31 AM)
To be fair the word I used that apparently makes you all cry for TEH OPPRESSED GAYS IN R CUONTRY is often used with zero connotation to homosexuals. See the Louis CK skit if this goes over your head.

It is still highly offensive to homosexuals, just as the n-word is highly offensive to African Americans, even if it isn't used with that connotation.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 09:55 AM)
Actually the government has also banned the FBI from collecting and sharing most types of data involving guns. They can keep the most general statistics (like total number of incidents) but they can barely record anything else and they're limited in what they can share with even local law enforcement.

But you know this is bulls*** because there are studies that have looking into the use of guns in shootings for your SYG argument and they rely on FBI data. And guess what, it's called FOIA. Start sending letters to state/county/state police departments and you can get all the information you want except names and contact information.

I want to know what specific information you think people can't get. You want to prove that you're 10 times safer not using a gun, then crimes where guns are involved (readily available!) will give you that.

This is just something else to b**** about with the NRA. I get it, they suck, they're an antiquated origination, but you're just b****ing to b**** over you're insanely unreasonable fear of guns.

Oh God. "lawful, lawful, lawful." Everything in there is keeping the government from infringing on the lawful owners lawful use of weapons. Nothing prevents police departments from keeping track - for criminal purposes - of anything you just mentioned.

Edit: if that's all you got, i'm changing my opinion to openly backing the NRA's lobbying efforts there.

Edited by Jenksismybitch

gun stores do not have to keep inventories. background checks are destroyed within 24 hours. they don't have the tools or the information to systematically track straw purchases. if you have to wait until a gun is used in a crime to start gathering any data, then you've already lost most of the trail.

still not sure why you're openly backing the gathering of information and the studying of it. even if you don't want to make a policy change based on that information, why would you oppose more understanding?

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 01:15 PM)
gun stores do not have to keep inventories. background checks are destroyed within 24 hours. they don't have the tools or the information to systematically track straw purchases.

still not sure why you're openly backing the gathering of information and the studying of it. even if you don't want to make a policy change based on that information, why would you oppose more understanding?

Log all phone calls! Log all emails! There's gotta be useful information in there. f*** it! The ends justify the means!

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 11:19 AM)
Log all phone calls! Log all emails! There's gotta be useful information in there. f*** it! The ends justify the means!

You're comparing keeping track of inventory accurately to recording phone calls? Great comparison.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 01:27 PM)
Have you seriously not bought anything with pseudoephedrine in it in the last 5 years?

They got it from locked cabinet. They didn't require me to register the box and I really doubt they report it to the authorities. But it's been a few years, so perhaps that's changed. And if so, that's f***ed up.