• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 12:31 PM)
To be fair the word I used that apparently makes you all cry for TEH OPPRESSED GAYS IN R CUONTRY is often used with zero connotation to homosexuals. See the Louis CK skit if this goes over your head.
I know this dips*** got suspended THIS time right?

And none of you better say s*** about me calling him that after what he's REPEATEDLY said without consequences. Wanna stop the wussification of America? Show kids like Duke that actions and words have ramifications.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 03:57 PM)
He didn't really attack a poster whereas you just did. SUSPEND THIS MAN.

The use of that word in the manner he used it is incredibly offensive to me. I hate it. It makes me really angry. He needs to understand that thingslike tthat can't be casually tossed around like that - regardless of his ability to hide behind internet anonymity. In real life, I'd have kicked his ass.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 02:15 PM)
I dunno, by "you" he could have meant all of "you" dirty hippy bleeding heart liberals.

Calling people who disagree with him "f**gots" seems like a blatant violation of filibuster policy.

He wasn't calling you a n*****, he meant those other people! And not in a racist way, just look at comedian Dave Chapelle use the word!

Would that fly here? I don't think f***** should be treated differently.

I don't actually favor suspension-heavy forums rules and I'm happy to see Duke express his disgusting views for everyone to see. But there are some decorum rules here (and the mods do an excellent job (imo) of not abusing their authority, picking on people, etc.), and I'd imagine that crossed the line.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 05:20 PM)
He wasn't calling you a n*****, he meant those other people! And not in a racist way, just look at comedian Dave Chapelle use the word!

Would that fly here? I don't think f***** should be treated differently.

I don't actually favor suspension-heavy forums rules and I'm happy to see Duke express his disgusting views for everyone to see. But there are some decorum rules here (and the mods do an excellent job (imo) of not abusing their authority, picking on people, etc.), and I'd imagine that crossed the line.

Ive still got a chip on my shoulder for being suspended for saying "get your heaf out of your ass". Y2HH thats why im on my crusade. If Duke did get suspended, then I'll drop it. :)

QUOTE (Reddy @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 04:25 PM)
Ive still got a chip on my shoulder for being suspended for saying "get your heaf out of your ass". Y2HH thats why im on my crusade. If Duke did get suspended, then I'll drop it. :)

you might as well let it go

'soxy' once suspended me for innocently posting "well you know what they say,those that can do. those that can't teach". then i got suspended for telling someone that if they want Barry Bonds on the Sox then should make a trade on their nintendo.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 05:30 PM)
you might as well let it go

'soxy' once suspended me for innocently posting "well you know what they say,those that can do those that can't teach". then i got suspended for telling someone that if they want Barry Bonds on the Sox then should make a trade on their nintendo.

I wouldnt have cared as much but it was in the middle of the pennant race last year. Lol.

But yeah. Im done. Mostly bevause I trust the mods to do the right thing on this one. ;)

If I get suspended from this so be it.

I never break rules in this forum. I merely have opinions that piss Reddy off a lot and instead of actually responding to them he calls me "DISGUSTING" or "AWFUL" then begs for mods to ban me. I will say this though, you all need to toughen up. There are a lot of bad words out there and I firmly believe best way to neuter their intent is not to try and ban them (BAN CULTURE BAN BAN BAN) or search for ways to let them offend you, but let their colloquial use relegate them to innocent common speech.

straight white male telling people to just deal with derogatory terms and let people say them until they become innocuous

edit: though I do agree with you wrt banning. I support your rights to say whatever awful things you want, and I support open discussion.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Jan 25, 2013 -> 04:41 PM)
If I get suspended from this so be it.

I never break rules in this forum. I merely have opinions that piss Reddy off a lot and instead of actually responding to them he calls me "DISGUSTING" or "AWFUL" then begs for mods to ban me. I will say this though, you all need to toughen up. There are a lot of bad words out there and I firmly believe best way to neuter their intent is not to try and ban them (BAN CULTURE BAN BAN BAN) or search for ways to let them offend you, but let their colloquial use relegate them to innocent common speech.

We may not always agree, but I actually agree with this.

Ive never been suspended, Im not even sure Ive been warned. But I would never ask anyone to be suspended no matter what they said to me, no matter how much they stalk me. I would rather just be able to settle the score, but that goes back to, violence begets violence.

I also agree that it makes no sense to ban swear words etc, because in reality I can probably say meaner things that involve no swears.