• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Aug 20, 2014 -> 07:01 AM)
Have you seen who the MOntana Democrats have picked to run for the open Senate seat now that Walsh withdrew in disgrace?

I don't get this video. It shows clips of her video blog.

Edited by GoSox05

I see there's talk of Romney running again. Hillary will be so happy if that happens.

Does it really matter? Short of Hillary getting implicated in some very major scandal between now and Nov 2016, there isn't a Republican candidate that can beat her. Romney won't fare any worse than Perry, Paul, Rubio, Bush, Christie or whoever else gets nominated.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 08:28 AM)
Does it really matter? Short of Hillary getting implicated in some very major scandal between now and Nov 2016, there isn't a Republican candidate that can beat her. Romney won't fare any worse than Perry, Paul, Rubio, Bush, Christie or whoever else gets nominated.

Lots of people said similar things about Hillary and the Dem nomination (and Rudy and the Republican nomination) circa 2006-2007.

Lots of people said similar things about Hillary and the Dem nomination (and Rudy and the Republican nomination) circa 2006-2007.

I don't remember anybody saying that about Rudy. I do remember some talk about Hilary, but there isn't another Obama out there this time.

http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2014/08/26/...e-of-diversity/

At some point the "you can lead a horse to water but can't make it drink" axiom applies. Despite nearly 10 years of lip service, diversity isn't really increasing at colleges, so the excuse must be that schools aren't doing ENOUGH to show poor families that college is worth the substantial cost. We must make college MORE expensive so we can achieve another 1% gain.

• 3 weeks later...
QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Aug 25, 2014 -> 01:28 PM)

You are right. My post about Romney was dumb. I guess I was just shocked Romney would put himself through that again when he'd not electable.

• 2 weeks later...

The host of NBC’s Meet the Press considers resigning attorney general Eric Holder — who once proudly declared himself an “activist attorney general,” called America a “nation of cowards” about race and took heat from his own White House for pursuing politically sensitive initiatives – ”a very non-political person.”

“He did a lot of the tough stuff that you would say, ‘Hey, the attorney general has to do tough stuff, this is not a forgiving job, you have to do tough stuff,’” Chuck Todd told MSNBC’s Tamron Hall on Thursday. “But, what’s interesting about him, he is a very non-political person. And I think people used to mistakenly think that this guy was this long-time political operative who happened to be an attorney general. That’s not him at all.”

Evidence suggests that Holder’s Department of Justice has almost exclusively hired politically liberal candidates in filling career civil-service positions within the department’s Voting Section. And in an August interview with the Hill, Holder revealed he was proud to be labeled an activist attorney general, adding that those who say the DOJ has an “activist civil-rights division and this is an activist attorney general — I’d say I agree with you 1000 percent and [i am] proud of it.”

Take a breath Chuck, your going to choke to death. How can anyone take this guy seriously. Over/ under in days before the door at MTP hits him I the ass?

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 26, 2014 -> 01:06 PM)
In some regards, I see the expansion of renewable energy as great in that it cripples Russia. On the other hand, I have to wonder what a crippled Russia might do

They have also benefited over the last 10 years from the huge run up in metals prices. Russia is a big exporter of both energies and metals. Really the opposite, the crash of those commodities in the late 80's is what did in the USSR.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Oct 8, 2014 -> 04:07 PM)
So they are for that, but didn't they just crack down on homeschoolers not too long ago? Hmm.

Germany has had compulsory school attendance since the early 1900's. They have only allowed homeschooling in rare cases. There was some family who was seeking political asylum in a US a few years back over that, but I don't think Germany has stepped up enforcement of school attendance laws or anything.

So Brownback, the loon Republican in Kansas who has hurt this state in many ways already, catches a break and probably will win. What did the Democrat do? Heaven forbid he went to a strip club when he was single in his 20s. Oh the horror. Looks like the conservative voters who abhor strip clubs will use that as a character flaw of the democrat. What a joke.

p.s. This is why a friend of mine, who now is an important federal judge, never drank or smoked pot in college and never picked up a girl for a one-night stand. He'd only be with a college coed in a proper dating situation. He knew he had aspirations of being big-time and did not want to do anything that could come back to haunt him. He led an impeccably clean lifestyle so nobody could do something like this to him someday. He once confessed to me that indeed was the method to his madness, not giving people anything to use against him someday.

Brownback being re-elected? Wow.

Edited by greg775