The Republican Thread

Rex Kickass

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 02:47 PM)
And in his first month has called out Rush and Hannity by name on seperate occasions. Imagine if Bush had called out Randi Rhodes or any other Air America host by name? Petty indeed.

People would be scratching their heads because they never heard of them before. :lolhitting

• Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• StrangeSox

• Balta1701

• southsider2k5

• mr_genius

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 02:49 PM)
He pretty much called out GOP leadership. Who else would you call the leader of the GOP these days? Joe the Plumber?

and the Rush Limbaugh hysteria sets in again.

the truth is anyone in their right mind should oppose the spending going on right now.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 02:55 PM)

grats on learning how to post a list web links. you should pat yourself on the back.

i clicked on one of the links and i have no idea what you are getting at. having a meeting about a pet project massive pork spending bill and then basically saying "I won, deal with it." isn't much of a negotiation.

but he did win, and he got his spending bill passed. unfortunately it is going to compound the economic probems down the road.

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 01:30 PM)
The loopholes in interrogation methods. The method of standing up for what Nancy Pelosi wrote for him in the House version of the "stimulus" - telling House GOP "I won". Yea, some change. Some outreach. There's a lot more but the point's the same.

There is always this doozy.

http://taxcut.barackobama.com/

I was encouraged by some of the cabinet ideas and decisions by Obama. I can't say the same for much he has done since then, although I don't blame him for calling out Hannity and Limbaugh because they are both idiots, and attempting to appease people like that is a quick way for the right to continue losing what little power it still has.

Both sides have looked pretty dumb and awful throughout this most recent stimulus process though, I will say that. I really am not a fan of anybody's ideas to fix the economy right now.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (mr_genius @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 02:59 PM)
grats on learning how to post a list web links. you should pat yourself on the back.

i clicked on one and i have no idea what you are getting at. having a meeting about a pet project massive pork spending bill and then basically saying "I won, deal with it." isn't much of a negotiation.

He met with GOP members of the House and Senate on more than one occasion to get feedback and buy in. The bill had additional tax cuts added to appease them. The house version passed with a grand total of ZERO Republican votes. Obama lost his cool for 1 second and reminded people that he won the election.

And the reason I was posting those links is that apparently I only get my news from huffington and there was absolutely no attempt to bring the GOP into the discussion according to you and Kap.

Edited by BigSqwert

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)
He met with GOP members of the House and Senate on more than one occasion to get feedback and buy in. The bill had additional tax cuts added to appease them. The house version passed with a grand total of ZERO Republican votes. Obama lost his cool for 1 second and reminded people that he won the election.

Let me ask you this. If the opposition President had met with you regarding a bill that you disagreed with the vast majority of, would you vote for it because a small part of it was something you liked? Would the President meeting with you honestly change your mind if you still thought in your heart that most of bill was wrong? I don't get how stuff a few bones into a trillion dollar bill is supposed to placate a party that disagrees with the huge premise of the bill. To me, it doesn't make a difference. If you believe the bill is going to do more harm than good, you should vote against it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 03:20 PM)
Let me ask you this. If the opposition President had met with you regarding a bill that you disagreed with the vast majority of, would you vote for it because a small part of it was something you liked? Would the President meeting with you honestly change your mind if you still thought in your heart that most of bill was wrong? I don't get how stuff a few bones into a trillion dollar bill is supposed to placate a party that disagrees with the huge premise of the bill. To me, it doesn't make a difference. If you believe the bill is going to do more harm than good, you should vote against it.

Even though your constituents voted for and support what the President is proposing?

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 03:15 PM)

The bill is still terrible. Of course they voted against it. 11 Democrats in the house even crossed party lines to vote against.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 04:20 PM)

Then vote against it and abandon the theatrics and stop pretending like you actually want to compromise. I have no issues with that.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)
Then vote against it and abandon the theatrics and stop pretending like you actually want to compromise. I have no issues with that.

Like Teddy Kennedy did with the education bill that Bush invited him top help write, and he did, and then voted against because he couldn't be seen as having sided with Bush.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 03:20 PM)

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 03:21 PM)
Even though your constituents voted for and support what the President is proposing?

The problem is MOST AMERICANS DO NOT WANT THIS BILL! What a f***ing shocker, eh?

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 03:30 PM)

The problem is that there is a lot of compromise that is wanted, but the majority party (I don't care which one, they both do it) shove their bulls*** pride in front of what is really good for America. Why? Lobbyists and their own self interests. That's my problem with these assclowns.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 03:08 PM)
I'm not going to call any of you out directly, but some of you need to dial the obnoxiousness down a notch.

so someone just comes in here and trolls constantly can't catch some flack?

that is going to make for a dull thread

:lol:

Edited by mr_genius

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 01:15 PM)

Feedback and buy in? So what, its fairly obvious to me that Obama had little to no hand in writing this bill. This was written behind closed doors in Pelosi's office by her and her lackeys, some bi-partisanship. I don't care if its bi-partisan, frankly I don't blame the Democrats for saying piss off we won, we got the majority, we don't need you. Obama needs to stop with this bi-parisanship nonsense though. Having people over for tea and cake does not mean they are given access to the forming of a bill. Obama's mistake here is letting the two assclowns in Congress run wild with this thing, its making him look bad because he has to defend things I frankly don't think he even wants, and its giving Republicans a lot of ammunition to beat this thing up.

QUOTE (hawksfan61 @ Feb 10, 2009 -> 05:55 PM)
Feedback and buy in? So what, its fairly obvious to me that Obama had little to no hand in writing this bill. This was written behind closed doors in Pelosi's office by her and her lackeys, some bi-partisanship. I don't care if its bi-partisan, frankly I don't blame the Democrats for saying piss off we won, we got the majority, we don't need you. Obama needs to stop with this bi-parisanship nonsense though. Having people over for tea and cake does not mean they are given access to the forming of a bill. Obama's mistake here is letting the two assclowns in Congress run wild with this thing, its making him look bad because he has to defend things I frankly don't think he even wants, and its giving Republicans a lot of ammunition to beat this thing up.

This is true, but there's a fine line there, because I'm almost certain he's thinking about how Clinton tried to push his own ideas through Congress early in his administration and it didn't work. At the end of the day Capitol Hill is running the show, too.