White Sox Winner!

TheBigHurt

This was a great win. Was at the bar to watch this so I could not really see how the KC pitcher balked? It looked like he didn't even move. Then again, balk calls usually go over my head anyway.

Oh, and Vazquez sucked big time. I hope we can put to rest the silly notion of Javy being our best pitcher.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 08:17 PM)
Comiskey Park?

Seeing as how I am a mere 20-minute walk from Dodger Stadium...

and yes, I'd call this an ugly win. A good win, a win's a win, but six earned runs off Vag-quez?

The last 2 nights make up for some of our more horrible losses.

They really do.

We pulled both out of our ass.

It'd be nice to play well in all aspects tomorrow and sweep 'em. Greinke throws heat.

Hope Thome can read his fastball and deposit a couple.

Might be a good day to rest Paulie and play Wise/Swish combo.

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 11:37 PM)
This was a great win. Was at the bar to watch this so I could not really see how the KC pitcher balked? It looked like he didn't even move. Then again, balk calls usually go over my head anyway.

Hell...Paulie stepped outta the box and made the call first.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 11:23 PM)
an o-fer with 4k's? Maybe Paulie should go back down to AAA for a bit longer until he gets his timing back

and as far as o-cab dancing around on the bases dye should be thanking him for making the pitcher have to think about something else. that's the whole idea behind having fast baserunners, they distract the pitcher so that they hopefully throw bad pitches, this actually makes it easier for the batter. I remember when Pod's would get on base the first half of '05 it gave pitchers fits and it resulted in a lot of fat pitches for the batters following him

he hit 6-11 in AAA, 1-3 yesterday with an RBI. You don't send him down after 1 bad game.

And there's a difference between distracting the pitcher and distracting the hitter, which is what OC did to dye.

I can see where Dye is coming from, he's trying to get the single and tie the game. Seeing OC stealing 3rd he feels he has to protect him and swings at a bad pitch. JD K's and he feels that because he had to swing there it was a wasted AB and now they might not score.

However, OC was thinking baseball. He takes the extra base and all JD needs to do is hit a pop up in the OF. It was the right move.

Playing it safe isn't always the best thing to do.

QUOTE (Nokona @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 01:38 AM)
I can see where Dye is coming from, he's trying to get the single and tie the game. Seeing OC stealing 3rd he feels he has to protect him and swings at a bad pitch. JD K's and he feels that because he had to swing there it was a wasted AB and now they might not score.

However, OC was thinking baseball. He takes the extra base and all JD needs to do is hit a pop up in the OF. It was the right move.

Playing it safe isn't always the best thing to do.

Wow...I don't get some of you guys. You act like being in the batters box is like Tiger teeing off at Augusta. Not saying you Noko... Geez-us....OC was 3/4 the way to 3rd before the ball even got half way to the plate...and JD felt the need to swing at a ball almost in the dirt (AGAIN) to protect him?!? JD's just not in a groove right now and swinging at crappy pitches...and think he took out his frustrations on OC.

I remember a summer league game we had out here a few years back out here. We had a guy that would always take off at ridiculous times. I was hitting with runners on 2nd and 3rd and he was on third and decided he would steal home with one out. Well hell...I had a meaty fastball and sure as hell wasn't going to take it with 2 strikes and ripped it down the line for a double. The dude got pretty jacked at me cause I guess my bat missed his head by a few inches. Dumb bastard...he's lucky he didn't get killed.

QUOTE (FlaSoxxJim @ Jul 9, 2008 -> 09:24 PM)
There's a big difference between an ugly win and Winning Ugly. Even though we didn't make the Promised Land, '83 was a special season. So forgive the old farts their nostalgia.

'83 broke my heart worse than all my other heartbreaks put together.

QUOTE (LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 03:35 AM)
'83 broke my heart worse than all my other heartbreaks put together.

Right there with you. '93, I expected disappointment, and 2000 just pissed me off. It just seemed like it was meant to happen in '83.

I wasn't following the game thread but did anyone else laugh when Hawk mentioned that minor league ball girl scaled the wall and catch a foul ball? Hilarious. Too bad DJ called him out on it and let him know it was a hoax. He would have been telling that story for years.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 06:30 AM)
I wasn't following the game thread but did anyone else laugh when Hawk mentioned that minor league ball girl scaled the wall and catch a foul ball? Hilarious. Too bad DJ called him out on it and let him know it was a hoax. He would have been telling that story for years.

I was laughing so hard, I couldn't explain to my wife why it was so funny for a couple of minutes. You have to got to love Mark Buehrle.

QUOTE (DABearSoX @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 09:28 AM)
god...JC and JV are starting to look like crap though....

both with 5 ER against the Royals.....

The good thing is that both resulted in wins due to the offense. This was a giveup game last year, going down by 5 runs was imminent doom