Loss

whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 09:34 PM)
So this is a ritual here now? Post a LOSS thread after every loss now too? Yeesh...

We should put a big L flag up on the site too and call it lovable.

Wake up and go get them in Texas.

Why not...just to talk about it. Don't read it then....

Whatever, I'm just saying it's a little ridiculous. There's ALWAYS something to b**** about after a loss... that's why it's a loss! But losses are going to happen. We won 2 out of 3 (which we were lucky to win)... be happy with that. It's just that this seems to be in such bad taste. A lot of us on this site seem to get a little too worked up over losses, even when we're on good streaks. I'm convinced we could win 20 games in a row, then lose 1, and someone would be calling for someone to be fired or traded.

QUOTE (TheBigHurt @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 10:34 PM)
So this is a ritual here now? Post a LOSS thread after every loss now too? Yeesh...

Pretty much done that all year. It's a post-game discussion thread, and it happens to be after a loss.

Stinks to not get the sweep, but if they take the series in Texas and finish out the half strong then I won't complain.

:gosox3: :gosox3:

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)
One thing I do want to say...besides Paulie's pathetic D...just WHY IN THE HELL is Crede playing 10 feet off the line with a righthander up in a 1-run game?!?
i think that we could put either Brian or Wise in center as defensive replacements. I believe they would have a bettter chance than Swisher on the balls hit by teahen and guillen and why would Ozzie play paulie against Greinke when he only has 3 hits in 30 at bats previously against him.......

It's real simple....PK was still in during the 8th because he was up 2nd in the 9th inning. Ozzie made the decision that his at bat in possibly a tie game was more important that fielding your best defensive team. Ozzie was very good the first two games of this series with these types of decisions, so it's not a big mistake.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:52 PM)
It's real simple....PK was still in during the 8th because he was up 2nd in the 9th inning. Ozzie made the decision that his at bat in possibly a tie game was more important that fielding your best defensive team. Ozzie was very good the first two games of this series with these types of decisions, so it's not a big mistake.

by the way how was that not an error on konerko?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 08:58 PM)
Exactly....anyways, I'm watching the Rangers game right now, and their offense scares the s*** out of me.

they have hit all year. I am very worried our pitchers will get the crap kicked out of them. on the same note, our bats will do well against them. Still fathom, I really can't stand watching Konerko bat, its painful. We need to tread water here this last weekend. We need some breaks with Minni and detriot splitting and us grabbing at least a game from texas. If we get two we will be in nice shape.

Edited by quickman

QUOTE (quickman @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 04:01 AM)
they have hit all year. I am very owrried our pitchers will get the crap kicked out of them. on the same note, our bats will do well against them. Still fathom, I really can't stand watching Konerko bat, its painful. We need to tread water here this last weekend. We need some breaks with Minnit and detriot splitting and us grabbing at least a game from texas. If we get two we will be in nice shape.

To be honest, as long as we're in first after this wknd, I won't be too upset.