Loss

whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 10:08 PM)
Anyone know why Cabrera was holding his hands up toward Ramirez as Ramirez was turning to throw that ball in on the inside-the-park home run? It seemed as if Ramirez was going to throw it but then saw Orlando holding up his hands so he began to jog a few steps with the ball.

I think I saw Cabrera waving his hand to show Alexei he should be throwing the ball to home right there.

Don't have mlb.tv so can't watch the replay till later on ESPN or something.

QUOTE (tommy @ Jul 10, 2008 -> 10:12 PM)
I think I saw Cabrera waving his hand to show Alexei he should be throwing the ball to home right there.

Don't have mlb.tv so can't watch the replay till later on ESPN or something.

I saw him facing Alexei, holding both hands up in the air, almost like a third base coach telling a runner to hold up. It looked like when Alexei saw that he just hung on to the ball and started running it in. Strange play all around.

Edited by South Side Fireworks Man

There's ALWAYS something to b**** about after a loss... that's why it's a loss!

Boy that statement is 100 percent accurate!

It's so true. That's what the postgame talk shows are for.

After Game Two, Royals fans were livid about the balk.

After Game One they were furious Grudz hit into the game ending DP instead of lofting a sacrifice fly and so many other things.

Went to the game tonight. 14,000 paid attendance.

I was hoping inwardly that somehow Mark could pitch a complete game 1-0 victory after Dye's mammoth bomb.

But with the fabled pitch count approaching 110 you knew it wouldn't be a complete game in this day and age.

Knowing Mark wouldn't pitch a complete game, I just had the feel things would go to hell which they did quickly in the 8th.

Greinke and Mark were equally good.

Ozzie said after the game every game in the series was a tough one and sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the opposing pitcher and team.

I think the WAY all three games went, we were lucky to win 2 of 3. They were all close and all crazy games.

It would have been nice to get the final six outs and the sweep. It makes you mad to see it go to hell like it did.

But if we can keep winning series after series, we'll be right there.

I half expected a loss going into last night. I agree with the sentiment that you're going to lose some road games, even to some bad teams. Also, given that the sox have been so damned hot recently, we were due for a loss like this.

Remember, even 100 game winning teams lose 40 percent of their games. If we win 2/3 in texas I'd call the trip a total success. Bear in mind this team had a really prolonged road losing streak and it's not like that was going to just suddenly do a 180 - you don't win every game on the road. Most teams are just happy to approach .500.

Edited by Greg Hibbard