Sox @ Rangers 7-11-08

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

espn.com has an article up now that Jim Bowden and Jose Rijo are being investigated in that Dominican Republic/Dave Wilder probe. In the article it said Wilder was stopped going through customs returning from the Domincan with $40k in cash on him. What a dope.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 03:07 AM)
espn.com has an article up now that Jim Bowden and Jose Rijo are being investigated in that Dominican Republic/Dave Wilder probe. In the article it said Wilder was stopped going through customs returning from the Domincan with $40k in cash on him. What a dope.

The FBI was called in because they thought the duffle bags were full of cash from drug dealings. However, that's not where the money was coming from.

Is there one of those can't miss prospects in the 2009 MLB draft? Because we could be dealing with him in Cleveland for many years.

Great. If Dye would have just flyed out, it'd be 7-3. If Dye would have got on, it'd be 7-4. Instead, we're still down 5. :bang

Edited by whitesoxbrian

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 03:12 AM)
He had duffle bags? He is a bigger idiot than I thought.

It will be interesting to see how many people get brought into this. The two guys who wrote this story are the guys who were all over the Bonds investigation, so you can guarantee they'll continue to try and discover information. General managers should be very concerned that Jim Bowden is being looked at.

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 03:15 AM)
konerko is in pain.

As bad as I've seen in a long, long, long time.

ugleeeeee

Pain? Meaning physical or mechanics? I can't see the game

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (winninguglyin83 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 08:15 PM)
konerko is in pain.

As bad as I've seen in a long, long, long time.

ugleeeeee

Konerko can't be in worse pain than I am watching him bat.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 09:14 PM)
He won the lottery several years ago. I read an article, and he says the victory has been a curse.

So much a curse they won it all in 2005, eh?

Did not know he won the lottery. Thanks, never knew that. Was it the big-time one for like 40 million or a mini one for like 3 million?