Sox @ Rangers 7-11-08

QUOTE (Steff @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 09:39 PM)
Yes, and it's in my top 3 parks. A truly great place to see a ball game. OT, Jim and I stopped to Hooters for dinner and to watch some of the game. A guy, about 40ish, said "hey, is that Wade Boggs kid playing for the Rangers?" :unsure:

Not gonna complain about the heat? :P

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 08:30 PM)
If there's one idea which has been cemented in my mind from years of Sociology courses, it's winning the lottery will ruin your life unless you go to great lengths to hide your identity. Money changes everything -- particularly the relationship among family and friends.

This isn't the place to discuss the topic, but all I can recommend for anyone who wins the lottery is to pay a substantial amount of money to secure your assets, hire a special FX company to disguise your identity at the press conference, and NEVER reveal your name. Ask the Whitetaker character whom won one of the largest lottery totals in US history how fame has changed his life. His grand daughter was killed because of the extravagant allowances he gave to her, which she -- in part -- spent on drugs.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 08:34 PM)
If I ever won a big lottery, which I probably never will since I don't play, I would never have my name released or make one of those appearances with the big check. I would probably tell my parents and sister after everything has settled down and help them out with some stuff, than live off interest and not go over board with it.

I would tell my parents to keep it a secret if they could.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 08:37 PM)
get into chat

I posted a thread in the SLAM section of the site about this. No need to clog up the gamethread. Talk to ya there! :headbang

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 09:30 PM)
If there's one idea which has been cemented in my mind from years of Sociology courses, it's winning the lottery will ruin your life unless you go to great lengths to hide your identity. Money changes everything -- particularly the relationship among family and friends.

This isn't the place to discuss the topic, but all I can recommend for anyone who wins the lottery is to pay a substantial amount of money to secure your assets, hire a special FX company to disguise your identity at the press conference, and NEVER reveal your name. Ask the Whitetaker character whom won one of the largest lottery totals in US history how fame has changed his life. His grand daughter was killed because of the extravagant allowances he gave to her, which she -- in part -- spent on drugs.

I walk home from the loop a couple of miles everyday. I just look like a regular dope with dress pants and a dress shirt. Its amazing how many people everyday ask me for money. Winning the lottery and not hiding your identity would be a pain in the ass. I wouldn't mind a shot at trying to break the curse though.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
I believe if he avoids the DL, Thome will lead the White Sox in homers this season.

He might 5 in our 6 after the ASB if he stays hot.

OH YAY, HERE COMES BABE RUTH!!!!!!!!111111111!!!!!!!!!

Here comes The Homeless Man out of the dugout to get Guardado.

Edited by whitesoxbrian