Wii Fit

Steff

I think you at least need to nunchuk for some of the excercises, but I dont know that you need any memory card. If you go to nintendo.com they should have the things you need in the game description.

From the videos I have seen, it looks like the step board is the most important part of the game

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 09:14 AM)
I think you at least need to nunchuk for some of the excercises, but I dont know that you need any memory card. If you go to nintendo.com they should have the things you need in the game description.

From the videos I have seen, it looks like the step board is the most important part of the game

OK, thanks. My sister asked for it for a "family gift" as something they could all use so I've got no clue.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 09:46 AM)
Ya, they have to have game counsel. In fact for some reason I always thought Wii fit came with the system (but I'm probably wrong).

Well no friggin wonder they want it from us... about $500 buckaroos for everything!! :lolhitting

You need the wii system to go with the wii fit. The wii fit is mainly single player modes and single player games. The competition is generally that you would do something (ski jump) and then your friend/relative would do the same exercise and try and beat your score.

Other wii games are multiplayer though.

Ive played wii fit a few times, its actually pretty enjoyable and seems that it could even get you in shape if you played it every day and did the different exercises.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 09:54 AM)
You need the wii system to go with the wii fit. The wii fit is mainly single player modes and single player games. The competition is generally that you would do something (ski jump) and then your friend/relative would do the same exercise and try and beat your score.

Other wii games are multiplayer though.

Ive played wii fit a few times, its actually pretty enjoyable and seems that it could even get you in shape if you played it every day and did the different exercises.

Sounds like it would be a great fun for them. $500 and it's not even Christmas time is where i'm struggling. Gonna check out eBay. Maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks all.

Steff

QUOTE (Steff @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 05:01 PM)
Sounds like it would be a great fun for them. $500 and it's not even Christmas time is where i'm struggling. Gonna check out eBay. Maybe I'll get lucky. Thanks all.

Steff

Seeing how demand hasn't been met yet, there's a good chance it's even more expensive on eBay. But since you likely won't be able to find either in stores, eBay is still probably you're best bet. Also, it's 250 for the console, and 80 or 90 for Wii Fit. That should be everything you need. Not quite 500, but yeah, still a hefty price.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 12:21 PM)
Seeing how demand hasn't been met yet, there's a good chance it's even more expensive on eBay. But since you likely won't be able to find either in stores, eBay is still probably you're best bet. Also, it's 250 for the console, and 80 or 90 for Wii Fit. That should be everything you need. Not quite 500, but yeah, still a hefty price.

The console prices I have seen are at least $250, fit is right around $170, and they also would need extra controllers. I did estimate a bit high, but I think if I have to go the ebay route it will be right there. Why are these things not in stores??

QUOTE (Steff @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 03:01 PM)
The console prices I have seen are at least $250, fit is right around $170, and they also would need extra controllers. I did estimate a bit high, but I think if I have to go the ebay route it will be right there. Why are these things not in stores??

Well, Buehrle>Wood did give you the correct prices if you were buying them at retail price. $250 for the console, which comes with one controller and one nunchuck, plus Wii Sports. Wii Fit is $80. Each additional controller is $40, and each additional nunchuck is $20.

I'm not sure how much time you have to make this purchase, but if the system is advertised in the Sunday advertisements, then it will be in the store. However, there are always a very limited amount per store. Best of luck on finding what you need, i know how tough it is.

Edited by smalls2598

QUOTE (smalls2598 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 02:08 PM)
Well, Buehrle>Wood did give you the correct prices if you were buying them at retail price. $250 for the console, which comes with one controller and one nunchuck, plus Wii Sports. Wii Fit is $80. Each additional controller is $40, and each additional nunchuck is $20.

I'm not sure how much time you have to make this purchase, but if the system is advertised in the Sunday advertisements, then it will be in the store. However, there are always a very limited amount per store. Best of luck on finding what you need, i know how tough it is.

Ahhh. Well if I can find them in the store that would be great. I plan on buying it over the next few weeks so I have some time. Thanks.

Steff

QUOTE (Steff @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 03:01 PM)

This, IMO, is one of the most annoying things about Ebay. A lot of people wait around for things like the Wii to go on sale for its regular price at the store. Then, they go buy as many as they can, throw it on Ebay, and make a profit off it.

So, you can never find the things for their normal sale price at the stores because of all the Ebay hawks, but there are tons of them out on Ebay if you are willing to pay extra.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 11:01 AM)
Wait, they are asking for a Wii AND a Wii Fit? And you are considering it?

Can I be a part of your family?

Well, we usually buy a family gift for Christmas in addition to small gifts for my sister and brother-in-law, and tons of gifts for the kids of course. Until Bri came along they literally got whatever they wanted. This past Christmas since I had been on bed rest and had Bri it was scaled down a lot, plus they had just moved back to Florida so it wasn't the same at all. They (the kids) have been asking for the wii for a while but it had kept being put on hold. My sis and bro-in-law live tight so Jim and I like to do whatever we can to help make their lives a bit easier and of course to put smiles on the kids faces.

QUOTE (vandy125 @ Jul 11, 2008 -> 03:27 PM)
This, IMO, is one of the most annoying things about Ebay. A lot of people wait around for things like the Wii to go on sale for its regular price at the store. Then, they go buy as many as they can, throw it on Ebay, and make a profit off it.

So, you can never find the things for their normal sale price at the stores because of all the Ebay hawks, but there are tons of them out on Ebay if you are willing to pay extra.

After researching I've decided to pass on the eBay route. Since I have a few weeks to work with I'm going to watch the papers and see if I can at least snag the game retail. Then it wont hurt as much paying $150 for the fit. I'm kicking myself in the ass over this though. Jim and I saw these damn things in the store long ago and passed on it cause the golf game sucked. Ugh.

Steff, I was in Gamestop yesterday and they told me that shipments of Wii Fit are coming every other week. The Gamestop I was at (Roselle and Golf Rd, Schaumburg) had a copy there, I believe. The guy told me he was pretty sure he had it, but he didnt go get one and show it to me, so i am not 100 percent sure.

Now the Wii console, not sure about that.

I got the Wii Fit 2 weeks ago.

I got mine for around $150 or so, off gamestop.com, it came with Wii Fit, a carrying case for the board, rechargeable batteries, and a cover for the board itself when playing so you don't slide or dirty up the board. It's pretty cool.

When it comes to controllers for Wii Fit, mostly everything you do has to do with the board. There is a running exercise where you put the controller in a pocket, and if you want you can a 2 person run where you and friend run together, so for that you would need a 2nd controller.

QUOTE (kyyle23 @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 07:16 AM)
Steff, I was in Gamestop yesterday and they told me that shipments of Wii Fit are coming every other week. The Gamestop I was at (Roselle and Golf Rd, Schaumburg) had a copy there, I believe. The guy told me he was pretty sure he had it, but he didnt go get one and show it to me, so i am not 100 percent sure.

Now the Wii console, not sure about that.

Awesome! It's a start. Thanks!!!

QUOTE (Mr. Showtime @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 08:30 AM)
I got the Wii Fit 2 weeks ago.

I got mine for around $150 or so, off gamestop.com, it came with Wii Fit, a carrying case for the board, rechargeable batteries, and a cover for the board itself when playing so you don't slide or dirty up the board. It's pretty cool.

When it comes to controllers for Wii Fit, mostly everything you do has to do with the board. There is a running exercise where you put the controller in a pocket, and if you want you can a 2 person run where you and friend run together, so for that you would need a 2nd controller.

You like it Ian? Worth the $$?

QUOTE (Steff @ Jul 12, 2008 -> 01:06 PM)
You like it Ian? Worth the $$?

I assume we're speaking of Wii Fit. If so, yes it's worth it.

My girlfriend likes to use it a lot, and I like the running activities and the Yoga. It's really simple and fun for everyone.

The Wii Fit itself like someone else has said should only cost about $90, so for the price it is good.