SOX @ Texas Rangers, 7/13, 2:05 PM, CSN, AM 670

MHizzle85

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 03:43 PM)
So all that love and knob slobbering of PK yesterday....he sure looks great today eh? I can't stand Contreras anymore...too bad we have nothing to offer for a top notch starter.

yeah a line shot that would have scored 2 if not for the shading of the CF is the worst thing he could have done.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

One disadvantage of having the game remain within two runs is Guillen will push Contreras to get through innings so perhaps he'll have an opportunity to win. If I were Guillen I'd remove him after the 5th, whether he throws a perfect inning or not. The Rangers didn't score 7 runs on accident.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 03:44 PM)
Burnett is just plain icky. 4.89 ERA, 1.46 WHIP, has missed about 18 starts due to injury over the past 2 seasons and can opt for free agency at the end of the season.

Those are good points but the guy has had 2 pretty good seasons in 2006 and 2007 pitching against some really good offenses in the AL. So unless there's talk of his stuff disappearing or something like that, I'd be willing to take my chances with Burnett.

I mean Vazquez is considered an ace by many here based on a flukey season last year and I think Burnett's been better in the AL.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 12:30 PM)
Two problems

1. He's on the DL

2. Seattle gave away so much for him, that he wouldn't be cheap.

Let's go CQ

Work out some sort of three team deal. Sox acquire Beltre and Bedard, give up Crede/Fields/MORE PROSPECTS (Crede passed on to a contending team in need of a 3Bman who sends back a prospect or two to Seattle).

The idea behind this is if you give up Fields, you now are getting a 3B man who can at least help you out this season and next season. Of course you could just go after Bedard for a package centered around Fields (as I think the M's will move Beltre regardless).

QUOTE (Frankensteiner @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 12:32 PM)
Would Derek Lowe be available? He's a free agent I think after the season and the Dodgers are pretty bad (though of course still very much in it).

LA has strong pitching and is looking to buy. If they ever get an impact bat they will win the NL.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 08:55 PM)
LA has strong pitching and is looking to buy. If they ever get an impact bat they will win the NL.

Sucks for them that Brad Penny fell off the face of the planet. Isn't Saito getting some elbow MRI tests done?

QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 12:44 PM)
Burnett is just plain icky. 4.89 ERA, 1.46 WHIP, has missed about 18 starts due to injury over the past 2 seasons and can opt for free agency at the end of the season.

Burnett has a live arm though so teams will always have interest. Still, Bedard is a better option as you get him for another season. He's also a big injury risk though (currently on the DL). However, he has a great arm and when healthy is very very good.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 03:55 PM)
Work out some sort of three team deal. Sox acquire Beltre and Bedard, give up Crede/Fields/MORE PROSPECTS (Crede passed on to a contending team in need of a 3Bman who sends back a prospect or two to Seattle).

The idea behind this is if you give up Fields, you now are getting a 3B man who can at least help you out this season and next season. Of course you could just go after Bedard for a package centered around Fields (as I think the M's will move Beltre regardless).

I like Bedard but I'm a little scared of his shoulder problem. I heard this is something he's been pitching with for the entire season. Anyone know any more about his injury?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 12:57 PM)
Sucks for them that Brad Penny fell off the face of the planet. Isn't Saito getting some elbow MRI tests done?

I have no idea. I know Jason Schmidt has begun throwing though, but who knows what type of stuff he has left. OC with a nice clutch single.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 01:57 PM)

penny is on the mend but Saito may be gone with last night's elbow injury. Side note, was at the game last night and the fireworks show afterward was phenomenal.

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 13, 2008 -> 03:03 PM)
You just knew this would happen. It'd be impossible for Contreras to have a perfect inning.

This better be the last we see him this afternoon. Get Masset in, Ozzie.

fixed