Josh Hamilton Presents the 2008 Home Run Derby

Gregory Pratt

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 05:18 PM)
I'm taking Braun. No one seems to be talking about him. He has just as much power, if not more, than anyone else in the field.

Yankee stadium's short porch to right means a lefty will win. At another stadium, there is a good shot I'd have backed Braun.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 07:40 PM)
Yankee stadium's short porch to right means a lefty will win. At another stadium, there is a good shot I'd have backed Braun.

Yeah, that 318 down the left field line is much further than the 314 down the right field line. I'm still taking Braun.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 07:46 PM)
You and your facts.... :notworthy

You have a valid point though. Right-center is closer than left-center, mainly because the walls in left field go out a lot steeper towards center.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 08:25 PM)
Rick Reilly's comment about everyone being white in this might have been one of the most awkward comments ever.

+1

and Hamilton just went 502 and Berman said there's no way anyone can get the ball out of the stadium.. Hamilton almost made Berman look silly on that first homerun.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 08:25 PM)
Rick Reilly's comment about everyone being white in this might have been one of the most awkward comments ever.

ESPN is playing him so much money but he hasn't contributed much outside the US Open.