Josh Hamilton Presents the 2008 Home Run Derby

Gregory Pratt

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Jul 15, 2008 -> 03:16 AM)
Little late to this discussion, but I was still mesmerized by Josh Hamilton's performance. Simply amazing... This guy is one of my favorite players in baseball right now, and watching him do what is just did is unbelievable... What if we had picked up Hamilton this off-season? Our OF would be sick.

I was told he was too injury prone by people on here. Oh well, at least he didn't go to the Cubs, who were involved in trade discussions for him.

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 09:17 PM)
This announcing is beyond bad. I would rather listen to Ron Santo talk about footwear.

Oh, I don't know, Joe Morgan going on and on about how the most impressive thing about Hamilton is that he was off for 3 years and came back able to hit major league pitching.

"All of that other stuff is nice...but what is really impressive about what Josh did is...".

Joe Morgan, a man completely out of touch with reality.

Edited by Kid Gleason

Rick Reilly is awful. Got in one more stupid comment before going off-air. "Hamilton rented the tux, bought the flowers, paid for dinner, blah, blah, blah, but Morneau got to kiss the girl" or whatever the hell he said. That's dumb as s***.

Edited by dasox24

I found myself totally drawn to the Home Run Derby, but more than ever this year. Josh Hamilton just made everything negative about baseball go away. No more Madonna and A-Rod, no steroids, no Barry Bonds, and no Roger Clemens. Each time Hamilton blasted a moon-shot, I had just a bigger smile. It has been said many times before but, this fairy-tale real life story that Hamilton is leading is amazing. He is such a role model for people who have troubles in their lives and how you can overcome them. As I watched the last round and saw the crown slip away from Hamilton's hands, i thought Monreau should have done an honorable thing. Just hit 2 or 3 home runs, let the national story have its happy ending for its main character and even the little guy. If you didn't catch it, Josh said he promised his legion coach he could throw to him when he made it to the Home Run Derby someday. Well Josh made it finally and he kept his promise to a now 71 year old coach. This was an amazing thing to watch and I almost had tears in my eyes rooting for this guy. He finally got to where he was going, after a few detours and stops he made it.

HAM-IL-TON!!!

IT was a phemonemanl performance but I'll stop at saying that Morneau should have done the honorable thing. They are competing out there and Morneau hit enough of them when it counts. Now if you want to make the format all inclusive and count all 3 rounds, I have zero problem with that, but thats not the way things were set up and Justin won.

Doesn't take away from what a tremendous story Hamilton's resurgence has been and I hope he inspires a lot of people around the world that even though they are at the gutter, with hard work they can get themselves back and turn there life into something they can be proud of.