Things to do in Chicago

DBAHO

Well I'm finally going to be in the Windy City this weekend, and I'll be doing some sightseeing on Saturday Morning, and maybe Sunday Morning before the Sox games.

So what are the best things to do? I've heard doing a boat tour around Lake Michigan is meant to be pretty good (if anyone has any suggestions on what the best one is, I'm all ears), maybe going up Sears Tower for the view also?

Gotta be something close to the Loop / Downtown though because that's where I'm staying.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Sears Tower is a great ideas, as is the Hancock building. Make sure that there is a clear view before you pay, or you will literally be looking at clouds. Grant Park and Millenium Park are very beautiful this time of year. Depending on what kind of food and price, I can load you up with ideas of places to eat.

Too bad you aren't here Friday, or you could check out some of the financial markets.

You should rent a bike by the lakefront and ride from Mccormick place down to Navy pier.The Shedd aquarium is is a great place to go to.Walk up and down Michigan ave and State st to get the real feel of Chicago.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 10:13 AM)
If you like museums we got some cool ones. Lots of cool places to eat. Chicago had cool fests and stuff going on all summer. metromix.com has a run down on whats going on.

+1 on the museums. Those are fun to go to. You would have to take some sort of train if you don't have a car, but Brookfield Zoo is solid

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 11:02 AM)
The Sears Tower is a great ideas, as is the Hancock building. Make sure that there is a clear view before you pay, or you will literally be looking at clouds. Grant Park and Millenium Park are very beautiful this time of year. Depending on what kind of food and price, I can load you up with ideas of places to eat.

Too bad you aren't here Friday, or you could check out some of the financial markets.

I'm staying right near Grant Park so I'll definitely be checking that one out.

I probably want to try some Deep Dish Pizza while I'm over here, since I've heard so much about it on here. :lolhitting

If you are interested in the history of the city, one of the best ways to get it is to take one of the riverboat architecture tours. They leave from Navy Pier, and take you up and down the north and south branch of the river, giving all sorts of cool info.

And definitely walk through Millenium Park.

QUOTE (DBAH0 @ Jul 14, 2008 -> 09:17 AM)
I'm staying right near Grant Park so I'll definitely be checking that one out.

I probably want to try some Deep Dish Pizza while I'm over here, since I've heard so much about it on here. :lolhitting

Another big "Chicago" food is a Chicago style hot dog.

And definate props on the Muesum campus suggestion. Depending on what you are into (Aquatics, Astronomy, Natural History) Chicago has world class facilities and exhibits.

I've never done it, but Navy Pier probably deserves a mention.