Bobby Jenks Assignment

letsgoarow

Bobby Jenks will be starting tonight against the team i work for! He will be arriving today and pitching the 1st inning against the Montgomery Biscuits!!!

I will try and get down to the clubhouse and meet him!

Also Esteban Loazia is starting tomm. Should be a fun couple of days.

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 01:33 PM)
Bobby Jenks will be starting tonight against the team i work for! He will be arriving today and pitching the 1st inning against the Montgomery Biscuits!!!

Lucky...The Barons have to be out of town of course. Even though I know it's just down 65, but I have to work. Please don't tell me that Esteban has been sent to B'ham?

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 06:37 PM)
Lucky...The Barons have to be out of town of course. Even though I know it's just down 65, but I have to work. Please don't tell me that Esteban has been sent to B'ham?

He has...

He will be starting on Thursday this week against the Biscuits.

If you ever drive down to the area hit me up, and i can get you some free tickets to a game.

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 01:38 PM)
He has...

He will be starting on Thursday this week against the Biscuits.

If you ever drive down to the area hit me up, and i can get you some free tickets to a game.

Well, they may meet in the playoffs...

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 12:33 PM)

What's he gonna do? Teach them acoustic guitar?

esteban.jpg

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 01:53 PM)
Well..... we suck ass lol. We have David Price (who is amazing) but he will be gone soon. Also our #1 starter went to AA, and #2 is getting Tommy John Surgery, and our #3 is out for the year too.

Tough season...

Well, if B'ham faces Montgomery in the divisional round, I may take you up on that offer.

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 07:33 PM)

That's great for you. Hope you get a chance to talk with him. Let us know how he and Esty look in their performances will you? From what I read Esteban might be getting cut, if he doesn't pitch well.

QUOTE (juddling @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 08:48 PM)
As Homer J. Simpson would say "Mmmmmmm....biscuits!!!!!!!"

Me likey your avatar picture. Please send me many different poses and angle shots. And go Sox :gosox3: :)

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (Jake @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 09:22 PM)
What happened to him?

He had a cellular disorder and was not allowed to play baseball at all.

He is now making a comeback, so it should be interesting to see. Ill let every know how Bobby and Zesty look as well.

Well Bobby was filthy.

He struck out the side on 12 pitches. Fastball at 96/97, curve was around 89/90. No one had a chance. I would say he is ready to go!!

I also sat next to an Indians scout, he was impressed lol. He showed me his gun thats how i got the speeds.

Edited by letsgoarow

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 06:43 PM)
Well Bobby was filthy.

He struck out the side on 12 pitches. Fastball at 96/97, curve was around 89/90. No one had a chance. I would say he is ready to go!!

I also sat next to an Indians scout, he was impressed lol. He showed me his gun thats how i got the speeds.

Great, great news. Thanks for the update!

enjoy watching price while he is there....i was lucky enough to see him for 3 years at vandy and the guy is the single most exciting baseball player i have ever watched...he has it all, unreal stuff, drive and determination and is a great teammate ...hes gonna be special in the bigs

QUOTE (daa84 @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 02:16 AM)
enjoy watching price while he is there....i was lucky enough to see him for 3 years at vandy and the guy is the single most exciting baseball player i have ever watched...he has it all, unreal stuff, drive and determination and is a great teammate ...hes gonna be special in the bigs

Agreed. I mean 97 mph cutter, nuff said.

Also he is the nicest guy too. He big leagues no one, and love to play. Anyone can just walk up and talk to him. He doesnt have that "superstar" my s*** dont stink mentality. Overall awesome guy who is going to be a top of the line starter very very soon.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 05:02 AM)
What a great update thread! Thanks letsgoarow.

No Problem. Its cool seeing all of these guys on rehab. I saw laroche, prado, kotsay, etc... its super cool.

Ill let you guys know how bad Zesty Este sucks lol.

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 03:32 PM)
No Problem. Its cool seeing all of these guys on rehab. I saw laroche, prado, kotsay, etc... its super cool.

Ill let you guys know how bad Zesty Este sucks lol.

Thanks for the update

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jul 16, 2008 -> 04:43 PM)
Well Bobby was filthy.

Awesome stuff, thanks for all that info.