Bobby Jenks Assignment

letsgoarow

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 09:49 PM)
Well...interesting start from Zesty. 2 ip no hits, no runs, 2 k's but, He was sitting 74-75 on his fastball lol. Fastest hit threw was 78 on the gun.

So take it however you would like.

I take it as a pink slip

QUOTE (letsgoarow @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 07:49 PM)
Well...interesting start from Zesty. 2 ip no hits, no runs, 2 k's but, He was sitting 74-75 on his fastball lol. Fastest hit threw was 78 on the gun.

So take it however you would like.

I can hear the clock ticking on him as we speak...

QUOTE (WhiteSoxfan1986 @ Jul 17, 2008 -> 02:52 PM)
per Cowley-A stellar inning of work on Wednesday for Class AA Birmingham, Bobby Jenks struck out the side. Expect him recalled from the DL on Friday.

Twitter is f***in great

I hear a few people talking about Twitter... how do you get this?

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2008 -> 12:47 PM)
Boy he is kind of an ass in his postings. He sure makes no attempt to be nuetral and just report the news, that is for sure.

The Sun Times is such trash anyway. I wonder if the Trib does this service too - that would be preferable.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 18, 2008 -> 11:17 AM)
If Loaiza only hit 78 on his fastball that isn't good, but the question is if this is rehab maybe he wasn't supposed to go for velocity. But, I am not convinced anymore he will be the 6th starter, if needed.

Considering the one thing he needed to work on more than anything was velocity, I'd be surprsied if he wasn't pitching for velocity. Bottom line he won't be back on the Sox roster anytime soon and his career is probably over.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 18, 2008 -> 12:47 PM)
Boy he is kind of an ass in his postings. He sure makes no attempt to be nuetral and just report the news, that is for sure.

It's not supposed to be a formal thing. As far as I can tell, it's just something he does for fun. Who cares if he's neutral or not?

QUOTE (Felix @ Jul 19, 2008 -> 11:59 AM)
It's not supposed to be a formal thing. As far as I can tell, it's just something he does for fun. Who cares if he's neutral or not?

If he can't maintain a professional level for the all of two seconds it takes to type one of those things it, it probably means his reporting isn't going to be any better. Everytime you read anything by him, it means you have to take out the microscope to find out not only what he is saying, but why he is saying it. Its the same reason I don't get my news from Keith Olberman. By the time you can filter out the crap and bias, you have no idea if what you are left with is worth a s*** anyway.