KW Contacted Omaar Daal's Agent

Chisoxfn

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

To talk to him.  So I'm assuming that he's a possibility when it comes to that second tier.  Sorry, but I'm not an Omar Daal fan, I'd rather sign a centerfielder/leftfielder and someone like Jeff D'Amico.

ive always liked omar...probably means we wont get him so dont worry:o

The thing with him is he doesn't have great stuff, but hey he did pitch damn good last year.

3.90 ERA and11-9 is pretty good, but isn't the answer. However, he may be what we have to settle for.

Unless KW wants to sign him and Moyer...

I really want Moyer over any other lefty, but Daal would do. And the main pitcher I want to get, who we won't get in all likeliness, is Colon....we need a power pitcher, and a real power pitcher, in the rotation. We will eventually have atleast 2-3 in the next couple years, but if we want to win now, he is the pitcher we need.

Thought I could Shed some light on the situation.........

Excluding 2000...... In 99 01 02

Omar Daal is

40 - 25

W L

Not Bad considering none of the teams he was on went to the playoffs.

2 of those 3 years..... he gave up less hits than innings pitched

and in all 3 of the years he has had a 2 to 1 K to BB ratio!

I think on most teams he'd be at best a 2nd Starter..... more likely a 3 or 4.... but when this guy is on he's pretty damn good.

Since he's a free agent their is no way he will get that kind of money. I'm thinking you could offer him a 2 yr 4-5 mill deal and get it done. Then go out and spend 500k on a guy like Hollandsworth and if they can try to make a run at Colon, otherwise just leave the rest of the roster as is. I think they would definately be an improved team after that.

Guest hotsoxchick1

you can foreget colon, it aint going to happen in this lifetime...... and if a guy whos making 4.5 mil a year will chop it into 2 years then there is definately something wrong with him...........were going to get stuck with a todd ritchie deal all over again i can just feel it.... all the pickings have dwindled down and the mediocre ones are left and then theres colon which just isnt going to happen for us......were better off leaving things as they stand and hope for the best... blow on the dice jas and bring us luck... lol...thats what you get when you have a crap shooter for a gm.....kw the rambling, gambling man....... :**** kenny williams.........

Originally posted by witesoxfan

The thing with him is he doesn't have great stuff, but hey he did pitch damn good last year.

3.90 ERA and11-9 is pretty good, but isn't the answer. However, he may be what we have to settle for.

I'll settle for Daal in the rotation over Ritchie

The rotation is definately the most important area.

Michelle, as far as Daal goes, you have to remember he was given an inflated contract at that time. Salaries are going down big time this offseason and this is going to be a buyers market.

If it was last year, the Yanks would of signed Maddux and Glavine, but they aren't even talking to them.

The rotation is definately the most important area.

Michelle, as far as Daal goes, you have to remember he was given an inflated contract at that time.  Salaries are going down big time this offseason and this is going to be a buyers market.

If it was last year, the Yanks would of signed Maddux and Glavine, but they aren't even talking to them.

They contacted their agents, but I believe that's as far as it went. They seem to be talking to Matsui's agents....why the f*** do they need a f***ing all-star at every f***ing position? Can't they play normal baseball, like normal teams, with at the most 3 all-stars? And are they too f***ing stupid to realize that their starting pitching sucked ass in the playoffs, and that maybe that's an area where they need some help? s***, even Kenny Williams, the Klueless Wonder could even figure that out. The Yankees scored about 900 runs last year. Something tells me they have enough goddamn offense. What they need is bullpen pitching. So why the hell are we talking to Stanton instead of them?

If the luxury tax hadn't been created, they would sign Frank Thomas to a 3-year $50 million deal to be their backup bat-boy....maybe not, but they could afford it.

Speaking of the devil, I wonder how much their bat-boy makes? Probably around $500,000 :D

Well, Matsui seems adaman in not wanting to play for the Yankees which still shocks me.

Maybe he just doesn't want to be in the spotlight, or maybe he just don't like Steinbrenner, I don't know.

Either way I know he'd be a sweet pickup, but I also know the Sox won't get him.

Matsui would be an incredible pickup...and I still think the move would pay for itself. If he signed him, we'd get more Oriental players into the stadium, and we'd be getting a good player so he's help us win. One more starter and a Matsui landing(doubtful, but hopeful :) ) and we'd have the White Sox players drenching each other in champagne....but not the champagne where the Bears are playing right now...that would be cool though. Imagine someone saying "I got drenched in champagne in Champagne." It would go right over their heads.

Anyways, Bartolo and Matsui....we'd be frickin unstoppable. No one would stand a chance...we'd win 105 games in our weak division, and that'd set a new White Sox single season win record too. Add a little Moyer(get it....Moyer, like more with a 'y' in there)and we'd be a World Series contender.

I dunno about Daal.......

He could definitely be a rock number 2 starter...... but is he really gonna strike fear into opposing teams?

I mean are teams gonna go...... oh s*** were gonna face Buehrle and Daal in the same series! I dont think so. Get Colon or get out Kenny.

Guest hotsoxchick1

just face it guys we arent going to get anyone with a name here..... the only thing that will most likely come out of the winter meetings (if anything at all) will be a few prospects and we will have to give up everyone we have for them..........:**** kenny williams

Originally posted by witesoxfan

Get Colon or Vazquez, and then get whoever is cheaper out of Daal and Moyer...that's the way I'd do it.

That would be the smartest way to do it. Unfortunately JR won't spend the money. I wish and hope he would, but he doesn't want to lose money nor does he seem all that serious about winning a world series.

Of course, I am hoping we can get one stud pitcher. I want Rauch as our #5 anyway. I may be the only one, but that kid is ready.

Originally posted by cwsox

I am going to be anti Daal.  The guy lost 19 games in a season and we already have Ritchie for that.

I can't get past a 19 loss season.

First things first are cw, he pitched terrible that year and pitched for two mediocre offenses. We are among the major league's best. He won't lose 19 games....I guarentee it.

If we signed him and he won 19 games, would you be able to get over that 19 loss season?

That is a big "if."

More of an "if" than I care to risk.

However, IF your scenario came through, I might forget all about the 19 loss season. Since his best season was a 16-7 season (98) and he followed that with a 4-19 (99) I think the odds of him winning 19 are slim.

Slim would be the correct term....I was just stating a scenario.

Who knows...maybe if he pitched that well in Chitown(on the South Side, that is), he could win 19 games if he pitched like he did in 98. In LA he was used as both a starter and a reliever. Here he would be used as just a starter, unless there would be an emergency when he was needed, say, maybe going into the 16th inning or so and he was on 2 or 3 days rest.

A rotation of Buehrle, Garland, Daal, Wright and Rauch wouldn't be too terribly bad....it wouldn't be good, but the top 3 would all be capable of ERA's under 4. Wright could be under 4.50 and Rauch could be anywhere from 3.00 to 5.00...and if you add a little Colon in there, there would be a sweet smell in the air of Chicago(get it?...oh god is that bad!). If the Sox did get Colon, which probably won't happen, Wright and Rauch would battle it out for the #5 spot...that's what would happen if I was coach.